Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

V Tonbridge Angeles

Sir Rebel1965

2 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

when will the owners stand up and be counted and inform the fans about the situation we are in, they are quick enough to get good news out!

It was only a month ago that the new owners held a fans forum and spoke about their five year plan, I would be very surprised if that has changed at all despite the current poor run of results.

15 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

All very well Scott being open and honest and facing the wrath of the fans and media after each game, but when will the owners stand up and be counted and inform the fans about the situation we are in, they are quick enough to get good news out! - Steve Easterbrook had the balls to communicate with the fans openly, even Martyn Deaner communicated!

I thought we were debt free and off the field the club was going in the right direction?

So whats this 'situation we are in' that you have indicated as bad news that the new owners are not telling us about or is it just more rumor mongering?

Edited by Reading Rebel

4 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Lose Tuesday and Saturday’s crowd will be in the 500’s although technically it’ll be announced as 600+ due to the amount of memberships sold.

Possibly but with decent weather against a side that are the surprise package currently sitting 2nd in the table this game could draw a decent crowd even if we lose on Tuesday.

7 hours ago, Curtis said:

Glen,

I seem to recall there being a stipulation that because Arbour Park is a council facility that the club had to report accurately the actual number of people in the ground…… possibly a council health & safety requirement.

Sounds right. Read in NLP that a recent Chatham Town match where the attendance was announced as over 1,500 and the match reporter stated their shock when it looked like it ‘only’ 1,000 were actually there but said it was common for clubs to include all paid tickets.

7 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Norbert, or is it Nobby for short 😏

You're a person of few words but when you do chip in you don't mince your words 😅

Don’t get why Norbert obviously doesn’t like my opinion but instead of replying with childish comments, be articulate and express why and give your side, it’s not that difficult is it?

9 hours ago, Curtis said:

It was only a month ago that the new owners held a fans forum and spoke about their five year plan, I would be very surprised if that has changed at all despite the current poor run of results.

And what was the 5 year plan because unless I’m mistaken, this has not been made public to those who could not attend?

2 hours ago, Windsor Rebel said:

This forum is like groundhog day. We have been told time and time again that the declared

attendance is those that are actually in the ground on the day. If you have a membership/season

ticket and dont attend, you are not counted (as confirmed by Matt).

You have to have a bit of leeway and patience for some of the old farts with short memories who frequent this forum 😅 

Edited by Reading Rebel

I wanted to put something on here as you have to have a balanced view. I think with the new owners they have done so much in such a short space of time. Time is something you don't have in football. I believe that they have put firm footings down with the structuring of the club with all the boys, girls and youth football that we have. The sponsorship deals look good on the face of it too. When was the last time Slough paid for a player? Maybe George friel? Someone might correct me. The crowd is getting younger with plenty of younger supporters on the terrace. In my eyes I don't think Scott or the board have done much wrong apart from I may question the timing of Gabe's loan departure. Scott has addressed that though. It did mean tampering again with an already depleted back line by moving Josh to left back. I'll be there cheering on the rebels hoping we can turn it around. 

6 minutes ago, Richierebel1 said:

I wanted to put something on here as you have to have a balanced view. I think with the new owners they have done so much in such a short space of time. Time is something you don't have in football. I believe that they have put firm footings down with the structuring of the club with all the boys, girls and youth football that we have. The sponsorship deals look good on the face of it too. When was the last time Slough paid for a player? Maybe George friel? Someone might correct me. The crowd is getting younger with plenty of younger supporters on the terrace. In my eyes I don't think Scott or the board have done much wrong apart from I may question the timing of Gabe's loan departure. Scott has addressed that though. It did mean tampering again with an already depleted back line by moving Josh to left back. I'll be there cheering on the rebels hoping we can turn it around. 

Good post Richie.

On 03/09/2023 at 12:24, Nathan said:

That's precisely what I mean Glen. All these matchday initiatives are all well and good, but the bread and butter is how the first-team are getting on.

Perhaps a little more emphasis on that and less on things like Slough library stalls (though I understand our community engagements) and fancy food trucks (presumably the club is paying for these?), which aren't going to attract people through the turnstiles?

Just to give you an example of why we are working with a group like Slough Libraries, by helping promote their Summer Reading Challenge we will be inviting over 700 families to a game at Arbour Park and all we have had to do is to invite them to a game and have players say a few words. 
Also food vans pay a pitch fee .

1 hour ago, Richierebel1 said:

I believe we paid money for Matt Miller when we took him ahead of the 2003/04 season

Edited by Mark44

2 hours ago, Richierebel1 said:

Great news to see we have loads of cash to splash out on buying players in.

Who will be the next high profile player we buy in?