Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Halesowen Town v Enfield Town FA Cup

seemgee

4 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

How about B****t at home? Capacity crowd would make us a couple of quid.

We'll probably get Chesham...away.

Problem with a home tie v Barnet is that we would be underdogs and, my understanding is that gate receipts for FA Cup matches are split between both clubs and expenses have to be paid to the travelling club.  Better to get a winnable tie in the last qualifying round before a bigger money spinner in the first round proper.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It was a great day yesterday, really enjoyed as I think all our fans did, and a game that will be talked about for years to come.

Nice ground friendly home fans ..and a great atmosphere, especially in the 1st half - as their supporters stay at the same end both halves, so we shared that end ... generally well meaning banter between the sides, and real support from our fans for the team ..

Birch came in for his 1st start and this made us more compact in the middle - with Beckles wider .. despite this he didnt look rusty and played well 

Started greatly with a Richmond header after just 3 mins .. I had mixed views on him last season .. but this season he has been immense!

Perhaps we scored too early? They had a lot of possession but we were looking ok, although there were a few desperate clearances that came straight back at us.. they scored a great curled equaliser from outside the box after 20 or so.

Rather than capitulate we continued with our plan - getting it wide whenever we can .. and Marcus actually had 2 really good chances - both times being tackled having possibly taken one touch too many ... and Reece also had a good chance ...

Our 2nd was a really quick move, Ollie whipping it in for Marcus to put away .. one of their fans through a beer at the team when our players celebrated in front of them

I did make the point just before HT that Rhys hadnt had any really difficult saves so far .. Halesowen then had a great chance and he produced a magnificent tip away!!

Half time came and after struggling to get the giant ETFC flag down, with lots of singing from both sides in good humour, we went to the other end.

Second half saw them having a lot more possession .. but they did not create that many chances - we defended well and kept them at bay .. generally allowing them to play in their half .. though occasionally pressing there .. but Rhys made 3 excellent saves and was definately our MOM.

Every player did us proud and a great sing song at the end when the whistle went!

As for the draw, I really want to make the first round so want the easiest tie possible .. 

.. would like a new away ground but a home tie will be easier ... dont want a higher team now, we can beat anyone at our level ..