Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Riccy

djwilf

It was a good game with attacking football by both sides.

Their goal was a shot from outside the area, from my viewpoint from the other end it appeared to be 20-30 yards out and I thought that the goalkeeper should have got nearer even if he could not keep it out. They had more possesion than we did but were, surprisingly, considering their goal scoring record, profligate in front of goal and many last minute clearances were made by our defence. On another day they should have scored 3 or 4 more.

Our goal was a penalty, I think, as others around me also thought, we should have had one in the first half when Sammy was cut down in the box. Anyway Beccles -Richards (?) was cut down in the box when he was through on goal with only the goalkeeper to block him. The ref didn't flunk it this time and awarded the pen but the miscreant only got a yellow. (Yellow for a clear goal scoring opportunity????) Sammy put the pen away without a problem. 6 minute injury time probably for the substitutions by both side and there was some time wasting by Town.

Whilst I have said that they should have had 3 or 4 more we also had chances which were cut out by robust defending and we deserved our point.

The match was well worth the journey and it was pointed out to me by Medders that the opening line up has yet to lose this season. That may be the kiss of death for Saurday.

A point of concern is that we appear to have lost our goal scoring ability with Wylie lying deeper than he did at the beginning of the season and Sykes or Beccles-Richards being the main forward player. I have to say that Sykes has not impressed so far though he does add height to the forward line. He came on as sub late on.

Cracking, exciting game. Two well matched sides with Town just edging it IMHO. Could have been six all had it not been for some near misses by Town and some bodies-on-the-line blocking by Town's defence.

A very encouraging evening.

I don't know if it's Josh that is the difference, however I would say that in those games it can't just be the defence that is being questioned.....we still don't seem to be creating as much and not sure what but our shape used to be tight, compact and had little gaps and just recently ....before yesterday we seemed to be the opposite of that.    Be interesting to hear how our midfield got on yesterday.....whenever we let in more goals I'd say it's never just down to the defence but the overall team.

Hadn't been to Lewes, and would have taken a draw beforehand 

Ricay had far more possession but we did create chances .. Dylan was clean through in the first half - he hit the post and it went straight into the keepers arms when could have gone straight in or rebounded in.

We also had two clear cut penalties not given - when Sam was taken down and another when a foul was given but outside the box!

Their goal early 2nd half was a good goal from distance .. but we shouldnt have given him the time, and perhaps Rhys will be disappointed to be beaten from that distance

Reece was bundled over almost immediately after for Sammy to equalise (not sure what the Ricay children were doing running round to our end? To put off the taker?)

Marcus and Sammy had some nice touches/turns in and around the box ..

Obe (wrongly announced as Josh)came on and added some speed and creativity

overall a draw was fair .. and they will be up in the mix so shows we can compete ..

Elsewhere Sami Bessadi scored on his Berkhamsted debut - and Lewis scored a cracker of a free kick for his on-loan Welwyn - be good to see him back soon ..