Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We're back

Massive statement today considering this is a patched up teams 3rd choice keeper between the sticks what a save he pulled off after 2 minutes,game itself didn't really get going until the second half with us one up then the equaliser we all thought here we going again but we'll done Sean he had other ideas,monster performance by Scotty followed by Jordan,well done boys a case of digging in against one of the top sides,looking good with Ricay losing,but Chatham still on our tails,nice 3 points up the Urchins 

A great result, but another game to forget if I am honest.           

More injuries in the squad led to new additions and changes in the back four and midfield. 

Not much between us and I though our first shot on target was at about 35 mins. Then the strangest penalty I have seen given, only seen by the ref. But a pen is a pen and well taken by Femi 0-1.

Second half and ET came out running and pressing and were rewarded with another handball in our box this time and scored from the resulting pen.

It looked like we were going to settle for a share of the points. Up popped Ollie to thread a perfect pass through to Sean, whos sublime pass into goal beat the outcoming keeper. Great goal.

Three points and a happy journey home.

Massive win. Nothing really happened in the first half, they had a big chance in the first few minutes, luck was on our side there. Then out of nowhere we got a pen, nobody really appealed for it, will have to see it back to see if it actually was handball. Then second half they get a pen which was stonewall and you think here comes another draw! Muldoon done brilliantly to set up Scannell and it was a great finish. Good substitution made bringing on Manor, when you are winning and trying to protect a lead he is the perfect player to win fouls and hold up the ball. Scott easily man of the match, so consistent, unbelievably good, he’s probably already won player of the year, won everything today. On to Tuesday, another tough game against an in form Folkestone. 

Scott every time a ball came into our box:

IMG_8560.gif

For the pen - their player did put his arm up by all accounts. Their pen was clear cut. Amazing performance bearing in mind the players we have out. Sean had a great game, culminating in a very good goal. Femi put himself out a bit and the defence was really the cornerstone of this performance. Don’t know how our new keeper kept that early shout out. Not the best of games , definitely better second half. When we do pass it around we looked good.

Be nice not to get an away game to a top 5 team, we’ve had a few recently! Enfield are a well drilled side and it wasn’t an easy game. 

Fantastic result COYU 

Well done Urchins a great win against our sense of entitlement neighbours . Keep it going . The title is surely yours now. 🏆

Great result, glad the 2nd goal fell to Scannell as soon as Ollie put that ball in I knew Sean would score.  I didn't have a clue about what happened for our pen, but my boy whose got better eyesight than me said it was definitely handball. I felt we rode our luck at times today, but come on we've been by far the best team this season and really do deserve what luck we get. I heard some rumors about more injuries from today, fingers crossed that every one of our boys are fit and well.

Also, I want to give a shout-out to Lewwis Spence, I was watching him in the dugout today, his heart and soul are in this club, and today his communication and direction in getting the boys over the line today were outstanding. It wasn't just Lewwis, all the backroom staff in that dugout today were a massive support to Lewwis.

3 points away to a good team that will be in the play offs is a great great result.

Lewwis (aka the Tape) has had a real hard start in charge all away and not been beaten which should not go in noticed. 

support sounded amazing on clips I have seen. Keep it going boys 

14 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

Well done Urchins a great win against our sense of entitlement neighbours . Keep it going . The title is surely yours now. 🏆

No-one here at the club is thinking we’ve won it yet, it would be disrespectful to the chasing pack for starters and we got stung last season as well. Check back with us in April!!

42 minutes ago, cup of tea said:

No-one here at the club is thinking we’ve won it yet, it would be disrespectful to the chasing pack for starters and we got stung last season as well. Check back with us in April!!

Fair comment . I think the threat to you is Chatham and a slowly improving Billericay . The Townies always run out of puff near the end of every season so don't need to worry about them .  You may find Amber's a bit more of a challenge next Saturday as we are slowly getting matters right with our young team .  C O Y A .

2 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

Fair comment . I think the threat to you is Chatham and a slowly improving Billericay . The Townies always run out of puff near the end of every season so don't need to worry about them .  You may find Amber's a bit more of a challenge next Saturday as we are slowly getting matters right with our young team .  C O Y A .

Yeah, good result for your guys on Saturday. Think you’ll be fine