Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Totally fed up...

..at just about everything this afternoon.

On the pitch:

1) Town just failed to take advantage of the massive amount of possession and failed miserably in the final delivery into the box.

2) The worst refereing performance I have EVER seen. Most who have read previous posts will know that I very rarely have a go at the ref. This guy was inept! His linesman didn't make a decision at all and he made a catalogue of daft decisions. I am no expert but he clearly needs to read the laws of the game.

Off the pitch:

1) The early banter between the fans was great but why did Abbey fans have to start getting so abusive and comments aimed at one person were inexcusable. Those who made them should be ashamed of themselves!

2) Why did our fans get so abusive when we went one down. It is only a game and you were pathetic!

3) Yes, the ref was totally rubbish. However, the foul language aimed at him and the linos in the second half from Town fans was disgusting and made me feel ashamed to be associated with some of them.

4) The Abbey players snould not have come up and taunted the Town fans after their second goal. That was out of order but to see Town fans throw back insults and invite them for a fight was pathetic.

5) Whoever the Abbey fan was who threw a tin that hurt a Town fan at the end needs to be found and prosecuted.

I have not been to a non league game that has made me feel so sick since EFC were attacked by Yeovil fans back in the 90s. This was no where near as bad as that but this was a bad day for ESL football and ESL fans in particular.

Well done to Abbey, you defended well. I think a draw would have been a fair result but with a ref like that we stood no chance.

We have developed a really good on-line relationship with the Abbey players recently and I hope and I am sure that that will continue. Good to meet Pinnacle at the end. Sorry I could not take up your offer of a beer but Mrs H ahd to contend with LMH and a very naughty VLMH all afternoon. I will take pleasure in buying you a pint after the return game.

NIGHT NIGHT EVERYBODY, I'M OFF TO WATCH SOME TELLY!

There are limits to what is said etc by fans! not forgetting there are children and women in the crowd (i have apologised before for my language and it aint directed at anyone).

i agreed with happy it started off good natured but seemed to get very personal which is not right.

i took a fair amout of abuse in the second half which does not bother me as i have been used to to it is all part of being a goalkeeper most of the time you just go along with it and laugh with them but i was not prepared to go along with them today as some of it was personal which i did not like to be fair!

at the end of the day it is a football match most people just want to support there team then have a drink and go home but when you start asking people for fights etc that is just pathetic and people like that should grow up big time!

A bit of sense and dignity,Thank you Chopper.

Quote:
Also i think the abbey DID NOT thank junior for her efforts and raising them a few quid which is out of order! i would not bother next time junior!

I can't comment on any of my collegues but I put a message one of the other threads thanking "Junior" for her efforts earlier on this evening.

I wanted to thank her personally after the game but, by the time I had finished what I had to do, she had vanished.

So will repeat here... "Thanks for your efforts today "Junior"" PM me with an email address and I will send you a couple of piccies if you want them.

Quote:

Off the pitch:

1) The early banter between the fans was great but why did Abbey fans have to start getting so abusive and comments aimed at one person were inexcusable. Those who made them should be ashamed of themselves!
2) Why did our fans get so abusive when we went one down. It is only a game and you were pathetic!

4) The Abbey players snould not have come up and taunted the Town fans after their second goal. That was out of order but to see Town fans throw back insults and invite them for a fight was pathetic.
5) Whoever the Abbey fan was who threw a tin that hurt a Town fan at the end needs to be found and prosecuted.

I'm also fed up.

Every team we play against, it's their cup final. Simply because we bring 200+ supporters to away games, they think that gives them the right to abuse us.

Well, I tell you what, lets see what happens when Abbey visit us at Goldsdown Road.

A) They will not personally abuse supporters throughout the game.

B) They will not throw any objects at our supporters.

C) They will not invade the pitch should they win the game.

D) They will not abuse our supporters after the game.

BUT... if they are stupid enough to do so, I am sure they will find themselves on the wrong end of a very good kicking - not quite the same when you're on someone elses patch, eh?

Seriously, after their behaviour today, I just hope they have the same attitude at Goldsdown as they did today. But then again, if anything did happen, it would all be "but they're only kids..." which is what they all were today - youth CHAVs (Abbey players too) trying to be big. Simple as that.

I look forward to the return match.

Quote:
Quote:

Off the pitch:

I'm also fed up.

Every team we play against, it's their cup final. Simply because we bring 200+ supporters to away games, they think that gives them the right to abuse us.

Well, I tell you what, lets see what happens when Abbey visit us at Goldsdown Road.

A) They will not personally abuse supporters throughout the game.

B) They will not throw any objects at our supporters.

C) They will not invade the pitch should they win the game.

D) They will not abuse our supporters after the game.

BUT... if they are stupid enough to do so, I am sure they will find themselves on the wrong end of a very good kicking - not quite the same when you're on someone elses patch, eh?

Seriously, after their behaviour today, I just hope they have the same attitude at Goldsdown as they did today. But then again, if anything did happen, it would all be "but they're only kids..." which is what they all were today - youth CHAVs (Abbey players too) trying to be big. Simple as that.

I look forward to the return match.

I am also fed up!

We won a top of the table clash and, out of what appears to be sour grapes, you make out that our 'minority' support (I think the average is about 65-70) are the biggest thugs going!

It wasn't our cup final today, we just take each game as it comes - if anything, JC made it YOUR cup final with all the things he has been saying in the press over the last couple of weeks.

I am just wondering where all this tosh and bad felling against our supporters has come from - not poor losers I trust ?

I stood behind the goal for the the whole game - amongst the townie supporters in the first half and on near vacant terraces during the 2nd!

Hand on heart, I cannot fathom out the "personal abuse of your supporters" unless, of course, I became deaf as well as being blind!

Yes, there was the 'usual' banter with the only personal stuff that I heard aimed at Fruitbat ... but he loves it and, indeed, encourages it. Also re-read the 2nd and 4th comments of your quote... you definitely weren't whiter than white and that's from a townie supporter!

I certainly didn't see anything thrown. If I had, I would have got it dealt with.

With regards to the "pitch invasion at the end" um... yes for all of about 5 yards and 15 people, but only after some idiot (who was apparently a townie supporter) decided to try and spit at the officials. Don't know if he got them or not but apparently a couple of our players were 'hit'

Let's get back to the real business... today's match which has almost become incidental to everything else.

funny how you lot see things..no none from the abbey ran on the pitch trying to attack the referee no one from the abbey kicked the players tunnel at the end trying to abuse the referee and spit at him, no one from the abbey spat at the fans as they walked off and at the players and now your all [censored] angels.......why dont you grow up you lost end of...junior was superb today for both clubs and you pricks who try to defelectthe great day are just aresholes and every real etfc fan knows it. and as for that ridiculous comment about wafc will get a kicking its a sad day for your club cos that will never happen be cos one stupid fan gave you these things and the rest is up to your mentality sorry mate proper prick i had respect for your club, one prick who everyone disowned (strangely enough) caused the trouble at the end and another guy went oh oh im sorry i apologise...dont give it busy why cant you just accept you LOST A GAME OF FOOTBALL, the guy who got hit by a can or whatever, blame your idiot who wanted to fight everyone he incited the crowd end of sorry for the guy who got hit ..dont blame wafc your idiot who everyone said never seen him before funnily started it and now you blame wafc, get real..........

choppper lets talk about the etfc fans who incited the abbey fans by spitting at the players as they walked off before you start talking about prosecution? get your facts rights...........yes unfortunate incident and an inocent persron got injured no one wants to see that, but wafc are not the guilty party after that game everyone was in a good mood until that prick ran on the pitch, and he was the one, so dont go blaming wafc,all of you.

Dont blame wafc, that prick spoilt it for all of us..........

chopper just play in goal eh that girl did brilliant today, no one thanked her, like they didnt when it sailed over your head get real.......the girl did brilliant and i know from bods at wafc they did thank her and a letter will be going to the club, chopper what can i say please dont speak out of turn cos we have respect for you too, junior you were brilliant top girl

You obviously didn't notice the Abbey players taunting the crowd after their second goal. Why did the ref take no action on that score?

That is what inflamed the crowd more than anything. That and number 6 grinning all over his face when he lay down in the penalty area and got a free kick. Not forgetting when he threw the ball and clobbered Asa and Asa got booked and then number 6 got a free kick again.

As for personal comments aimed at the players. Who was chanting about the appearance of Lee Smith? But you didn't hear that did you? So you are deaf!

mr happy sorry you didnt have a great day mate, result aside obviously! i couldnt hear what was being sung but thought there was a good atmosphere in the ground. i tend to agree with most of your points tho mate and indeeed it was nice to meet you.

with regards to your fans and asking our players for a fight, one of them was saying it to me for the whole game but at the end in the bar came and said sorry and that so fair play.

compo what is wrong with our parents getting in for free then? i dont get your point?

chopper if the abuse you got was too harsh then sorry for that and if someone threw something at anyone then that is wrong.

on my way off the pitch tho a town fan come up to me and spat straight in my face, it was aimed at me as well, so dont start saying to much stuff about our fans cos that is fckuing low to do that.

Quote:
funny how you lot see things..no none from the abbey ran on the pitch trying to attack the referee no one from the abbey kicked the players tunnel at the end trying to abuse the referee and spit at him, no one from the abbey spat at the fans as they walked off and at the players and now your all [censored] angels.......why dont you grow up you lost end of...junior was superb today for both clubs and you pricks who try to defelectthe great day are just aresholes and every real etfc fan knows it. and as for that ridiculous comment about wafc will get a kicking its a sad day for your club cos that will never happen be cos one stupid fan gave you these things and the rest is up to your mentality sorry mate proper prick i had respect for your club, one prick who everyone disowned (strangely enough) caused the trouble at the end and another guy went oh oh im sorry i apologise...dont give it busy why cant you just accept you LOST A GAME OF FOOTBALL, the guy who got hit by a can or whatever, blame your idiot who wanted to fight everyone he incited the crowd end of sorry for the guy who got hit ..dont blame wafc your idiot who everyone said never seen him before funnily started it and now you blame wafc, get real..........

So ONE ETFC fan behaved shamefully. I spotted at least 25 Abbey fans acting shamefully after the game .

You know, not including the result of the match this has all turned out rather sad and not how I would have hoped for at all. The decent folk from both Abbey and Town must be wondering where all these extra people came from. Where were the stewards though? Surely for a crowd like yesterday there ought to have been a few on the lookout for incidents of the type that occoured. My worry is that if Abbey are going to progress up the league they are going to encounter bigger gates (we hope!) for the big games. If we cannot handle 300+ mostly well behave but annoyed town fans, what happens when we get a bunch on the lookout for trouble?

This so called fan who was involved in this spitting incident was an unknown face to the people who witnessed it and if he thinks he is welcome at the Town forget we dont need that type of supporter,The game was a very disappointing affair Town dominated the game without really looking like scoring ABBEY playing on the break were pinned in their own half for much of the game but got the result < thats what football is all about you can never predict what is going to happen> the ref was out of his depth he should have realised he was being conned every time an Abbey player went down with so called head injuries he stopped the game taking away any flow to the game. Town a bad day at the office Abbey a long way to go.