Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAO Lato @ Rak

Do you have a season ticket at that Internet Cafe Rhodes?

I'm actually back on line at home now and we also got a new computer yesterday although I still go down to the internet cafe occasionally for a bit of peace and quiet and if I can't prise the kids off the computer. Anyway it's Fathers Day today isn't it so they have given me free access whenever I want it, actually I'm a little hung over today as I had one or two drinks last night to celebrate the prestigious award our Club won at the AGM.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Lato - Sorry to rattle your cage so early on a Sunday morning when presumably you are having a lie in but I was absolutely appalled to read this week that Polish President Mr Kaczynski is prepared to let this weeks EU Summit in Berlin collapse rather than accept a new constitutional treaty purely on the back of voting rights. Mr Kaczynski feels that Poland are getting the rough end of the stick and that what is currently on the table disciminates against smaller Countries yet how can they carry the same voting clout, with a population of 36 million, as Germany for example who have a population of 81 million. I would be interested to receive your expert view on this.

Lato must be on holiday as he hasn't commented on this as yet or congratulated our Club on the prestigious programme award we won at tha AGM on Saturday. As a former programme editor himself I'm sure he will appreciate the feat unlike another former programme editor that posts on here.

Lato - I have some good news for you from today's Non League paper as follows:

Founder and former Hounslow Borough Chairman Stefan Poulos is planning to reform the Club which folded during last season because they could not pay the fines imposed on them by the FA and the Hellenic League. He revealed 'I am trying to raise £10,000 to bring the Club back from the dead. We need £4,500 to pay off our fines so we can be affiliated to the FA again and the rest would be needed for groundshare and other expenses'. Poulos who founded the Club as Osterley Rangers in 1987 added 'I have been in talks with two local businessmen about investing the money. They would probably be Chairman and Vice Chairman with me as President'.

Lets hope they manage it as your Club don't want to continue to be accused of having blood on their hands.

• 2 weeks later...

Lato - Being the legendary film buff you are I take it you are currently watching The Sting on BBC1, or are you watching Porky's on Channel 5.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Why are you resurrecting old threads with such drivel?

Surely you're watching The Sting

seen both before so didn't watch either. Actually I was watching the extras on the DVD of Oldboy - a top Korean film I'd recommend to fans of Oriental vengeance movies.

Lato - I've seen The Sting over twenty times and it just gets better so your excuse doesn't hold water, I bet you enjoyed 'the howling dog' scene in Porky's didn't you.

I've seen the Sting many times, I've read the book too. Therefore I watched something I hadn't seen but since you haven't heard of it you can't cope with something outside your limits of understanding so you decide to criticize. I think you should read your carefully prepared dossiers more carefully though as I thought you could read me like a book!

I can read you like a book, you're almost as predictable as Football Man and his peculiar ways. You always go on the defensive when someone stands up to your strong beliefs and you tend to put the shutters up when someone raises a controversial issue such as the Hounslow Borough fiasco as you don't want to ruffle any feathers in the corridors of power at Grosvenor Vale incase it tarnishes your whiter than white reputation.

rhodes your oaf, read my previous posts for once rather than making up a pack of lies like you normally do or is that beyond your ability. Either that or for cough back to rhodesworld preferably the latter!!!!

Lato - Sorry if it hurts your feelings but that's just my interpretation of what you're like, as you know I shoot from the hip and don't believe in beating about the bush or treading on egg shells. Anyway you give as good as you get.

rhodes you don't hurt my feelings at all...I'm too busy laughing at you and how someone who shows flashes of intelligence at times can be so mind numbingly stupid most of the time.

Lato - I don't know whether to thank you for that or not, I like to think I'm fairly intelligent but I certainly wouldn't class myself as stupid, I bet I could hold a decent conversation with you on most topics although like I've said before spending an evening in your company would not be my cup of tea, no offence.

Lato - I was both shocked and appalled at your behaviour tonight, and that of Spidermanor, that's all I can say as I'm still lost for words. Also I didn't think your argument about me talking up Lee Scott held any water, all the Division 1 Club's know full well how great Lee Scott is so there's little point in me trying to hide the fact, he also only needs to look at a ball and it flies into the back of the net and there won't be a thing they can do about it this season other than bringing a gun out on the pitch concealed in a players shorts.

Lato - I know you said last night that you won't be posting until the start of the season as there is nothing to say however I wonder if you can throw any light on a programme that someone on the another Forum is chasing, were you programme editor at Grosvenor Vale in 1981 or was it well before your time:

4) Sat 28/03/81 - Ruislip Manor v. Redhill.

I arrived reasonably early, although there were already others in the ground. No programme visible, even though the home club are regular and reliable issuers. This may have had something to do with a lot of rain having fallen in the first half of March 1981, and the ground being notorious for waterlogging. Or maybe only a few were printed?