Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAO Lato @ Rak

Lato - I see from today's Non League paper that you have been upsetting Hounslow Borough and they are washing their hands of you at the end of the season:

'Hounslow will end their groundshare at Ruislip Manor in May - and tell their landlords they don't feel they have been getting value for their £12,500 a season rent. The decision came after Borough had a fifth game called off because the pitch was unfit. Manager Dennis Bainborough said 'our game with Chipping Norton was postponed due to the Ruislip pitch being waterlogged. There is no question that the pitch was unplayable but it would have been in a lot better condition if it had been maintained regularly. We have a contract until the end of the season but won't be taking up our option to stay. The improvements to our own ground at Isleworth should be ready by then, if they are not we will share with somebody else. The Hellenic League are not happy about the number of games that have been called off and we now face a backlog'.

Tut tut Lato, is that any way to treat your tennants who have put £12,500 in the Grosvenor Vale coffers!

Don't believe everything you read. Especially if Dennis Bainborough is involved.

If Dennis were Pinocchio his nose would wrapped twice around the globe by now.

Unfortunately the details of the groundshare agreement are an issue between the two relevant committees. So I doubt you'll get any other comment from the RMFC contingent on here.

As I'm sure you would agree it would be inappropriate to comment on a groundshare situation when not in possesion of the full facts.

I must admit I quite like Dennis, but just out of interest if you want the Manor side of the story, my suggestion is you contact the Press sec/Programme editor on barretts2907@aol.com

Originally Posted By: TheSaint
but just out of interest if you want the Manor side of the story, my suggestion is you contact the Press sec/Programme editor on barretts2907@aol.com
Why doesn't someone from Ruislip Manor just post their interpretation of the groundshare on here, what harm would it do. I gather Hounslow Borough are incandescent, to put it mildly, at the way they have been treated, surely they deserve something for their £12,500.

HTFCew - Well it's funny you should say that as our Club have links with Hounslow Borough hence my interest in them, I am not at liberty to say in what capacity though.

Originally Posted By: Potters Bar Town FC
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
HTFCew - Well it's funny you should say that as our Club have links with Hounslow Borough hence my interest in them, I am not at liberty to say in what capacity though.

Russell Grant is Patron of both.

.. and they're both homeless?

Originally Posted By: Potters Bar Town FC
Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Russell Grant is Patron of both.

Is he really? He's a Life Vice President of Manor!

Originally Posted By: Thefan
If Hounslow are to move out maybe KTFC could share there next season.....

Or maybe they could merge with London Tigers, who appear to have a more established record helping the downtrodden of Camden,and have a ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Rak - This link might interest you, there is talk of AFC Wimbledon getting a 19 point deduction for fielding a player without international clearance, that would mean they would drop into the relegation zone:

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=20348;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=515393

• 4 months later...

Lato - Sorry to rattle your cage so early on a Sunday morning when presumably you are having a lie in but I was absolutely appalled to read this week that Polish President Mr Kaczynski is prepared to let this weeks EU Summit in Berlin collapse rather than accept a new constitutional treaty purely on the back of voting rights. Mr Kaczynski feels that Poland are getting the rough end of the stick and that what is currently on the table disciminates against smaller Countries yet how can they carry the same voting clout, with a population of 36 million, as Germany for example who have a population of 81 million. I would be interested to receive your expert view on this.