Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Thank you Rhodes - i hate to say it but I TOLD YOU SO,

I have told you many many times to just keep checking the website and you would be surprised!

tell me Rhodes will you be going to the match?

Yes but are you sure my constant pestering about the Club's Centenary finally made 'Sugar' see the light and he felt that he had to do something to save face as he wasn't the slightest bit interested a year or so ago when I was still at the Club. Furthermore I'm not knocking it but surely 'we' could have got a higher profile Club than 'the mighty' London Colney to play

'us', didn't 'Sugar' attempt to contact Spurs or Arsenal to see whether they would be prepared to send a team to Coles Park, afterall it's not every day you're 100 years old. As for attending the match myself I think that's probably unlikely, you don't want me raining on your parade do you.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
Thank you Rhodes - i hate to say it but I TOLD YOU SO

3praise - There was an article in today's Non League paper about Sheffield FC celebrating their 150 years, this is what it says:
"The World's oldest Club have moved into the modern World by selling tickets via their Website. Unibond Division One South new boys Sheffield FC host Glasgow Rangers as part of their 150th anniversary celebrations at their Bright Finance Stadium on Tuesday 31 July. Fans can buy tickets for their other prestigious pre-season friendlies against Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United and York online but are urged to get their Rangers entries snapped up quickly as the game is all ticket on a first come first served basis. Chairman Richard Tims said 'we are delighted Rangers have agreed to celebrate our 150th season, it's a massive coup for our Club and it will be great preparation ahead of our first campaign in the Unibond League. Sheffield versus Glasgow Rangers games go back more than 130 years".
I know 'we' are only 100 years old however London Colney are not exactly Glasgow Rangers are they, I'm sure if 'Sugar' could have been bothered to make a couple of phone calls 'we' may have been able to secure a Club of that stature to visit Coles Park and moved into the modern World be selling tickets via the all singing all dancing Website.

Yes but all I'm asking is that didn't 'we' try to get a bigger Club to play at Coles Park for 'our' Centenary rather than 'the mighty' London Colney, no disrespect to the Cotlandswick outfit but they're not exactly Tottenham or Arsenal are they.

• 2 weeks later...

3praise - Can you give assurances that 'our' eagerly awaited Centenary game with London Colney will go ahead on 4 August despite all the rain that has fallen on the hallowed turf of late. Also could you possibly enlarge on what additional activities will be held on the afternoon, if it's going to be events like egg and spoon and sack races I will bring my six kids over but it's all a little vague at the moment:

CENTENARY CELEBRATION

2007 sees Borough celebrating its 100th birthday. The Club now playing at Coles Park is - following a history of breakaways, name changes, re-unifications and mergers - effectively the Club which began life in 1907 as TUFNELL PARK FC in the London League. Other names from its past history are Wood Green Town, Tufnell Park (Edmonton), Edmonton, Edmonton and Haringey with the name HARINGEY BOROUGH finally being adopted in the mid 1970's.

On August 4th (3.30pm) we will be playing a pre-season match at Coles Park against LONDON COLNEY - another Club celebrating its centenary this year. At stake will be THE CENTENARY CUP.

A big turnout is hoped for and we would like to see a lot of names from our past and in particular former Haringey Borough players and those who played for its earlier component teams.

Additional activities for the afternoon are being planned - watch this space for details when confirmed.

3praise - I am still waiting for your reply, you have been very conspicuous by your absence of late but if that's to do with the signed shirt and ball scandal don't let that put you off posting altogether as you are still a valued member of the Forum.

All well and good Cec. But the second he posts you won't rest your case about the most famous shirt and ball south of Freezywater. In the whole scheme of things it really is about as important as who is the Defence Secretary for the Liberal Democrats.

Who is the Liberal Democrat spokesman for Defence?

I believe it is Michael Moore MP, I'm sure Wader knows that.

3praise - I bumped into Johnny Flynn tonight, 'our' little gateman, who said that 'we' lost to Aveley on Tuesday evening, he said that there was quite a decent crowd in attendance so perhaps the extra bit of effort finally being put in with the Website and Community links etc is paying dividends. Did you go or didn't you bother.

How would a friend of yours know who Johnny Flynn was or what he looks like, I don't even think you know him, certainly not to talk to.

That makes perfect sense then, you obviously made a bee line for him as there was nobody else there that you knew to talk to other than John Bacon who was probably in his usual headless chicken mode rounding up stray players and organising the kit, is it fair to assume that 3praise wasn't there either. Johnny commented on this last night and I fully endorsed his view that it's always the usual suspects at Coles Park, and at away games for that matter, other than himself, ie 'Sugar', George, John and Josie which makes me suspicious that it's very much a closed shop and they don't want outsiders to infultrate their set up, or clique if you like, incase they might discover something sinister when trying to drag the Club kicking and screaming into the real World, ie up the Pyramid rather than down it.

Calm down Rhodes! I made you a new thread for stuff like this, and it's already become one of the busiest threads on the planet!

Why is it fair to assume that 3Praise wasn't there? Johnny wouldn't know who 3Praise was, like you don't. That doesn't mean that he doesn't know 3Praise!