Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

3praise - So how much did 'Sugar' make out of getting Nadia Almada off the hook:

Transsexual Big Brother winner Nadia appeared in court today - for beating up a man in a pub.

The 29-year-old gender bender, full name Nadia Almada, spoke only to plead not guilty to a charge of common assault.

Wearing a black and white pencil skirt, a black shirt and black jacket, the blonde Big Brother 5 star looked visibly nervous as she entered the dock at Highbury Magistrates Court, north London.

It is alleged Almada slapped Richard Oliver, a jobless 24-year-old, at The Garden pub in Upper Street, Islington, on January 27 this year.

Defence solicitor Aki Achillea said: "We will call at least two witnesses. There is CCTV footage and also a considerable transcript from the police interview."

A trial will take place on June 19 and the Portuguese bank clerk, who won the C4 show in 2004, was granted unconditional bail. She faces up to six months in jail if found guilty.

Mr Achillea asked deputy district judge Alan Jones to make an order that her address not be made public because of "considerable interest" in the case.

The statuesque tranny tottered out of the dock on six inch high black heels and looked embarrassed as she left court with her solicitor

No I was fully aware of it but I was just asking 3praise how much 'Sugar' got for winning the case, he can't win many. Anyway why the sudden interest when you usually go out of your way to ignore my posts, were you involved in the case yourself.

Tubbsy8 - Are all 'Sugar's' clients like Nadia or does he get some normal ones knocking on his door occasionally, was the Court scene anything like the film Liar Liar with Jim Carey as from the extract below it sounds just as comical particularly where Nadia states that 'my face is what pays my mortgage':

NADIA CLEARED OF ASSAULT

BIG BROTHER star Nadia Almada was today cleared of assault after hitting a man in a pub who called her George. Richard Oliver, 25, claimed Almada had a "bit of a hissy fit" and slapped him twice when he spoke to her in a North London pub in January. But the celebrity transsexual told magistrates she was acting in self-defence after feeling threatened by the victim’s "homophobic and aggressive manner".

Mr Oliver told the court he spotted the winner of the reality television show's fifth series while drinking in the pub with his girlfriend, but when he approached her she told him her name was Georgia. He said his bottom was pinched twice and on the second occasion he turned around to find Almada sitting behind him. He went on: "I said 'You did win Big Brother, you’re name’s George.' "I didn’t mean any offence by it - my bottom had been pinched, I wasn’t overly impressed by that fact." He said Almada accused him of being homophobic and then struck his face. Almada slapped him a second time before a bouncer broke up the altercation, he told the court.

She told the court her celebrity status had led people to abuse her before because of her background, and she spotted the "tell-tale signs" in Mr Oliver. She added: "My face is what pays me my mortgage and I’m quite proud of it, I want to protect myself." She denied suggestions from Robert Canavan, prosecuting, that she had slapped Mr Oliver because she was embarrassed, or that she was dramatising the situation. "I was not dramatising the situation, I don’t need drama in my life, it

knocks on my door."

Folks - If this link works it includes a pic of 'Sugar' arriving at Court with his 'famous' client:

http://83.244.174.100/fotoweb/grid.fwx?&Forcelogin=Yes&Username=elephant&Password=forget&Search=(IPTC005%20Contains%20(bcd0258))

How on earth do you work that one out, would he be accepting clients like Nadia Almada if he was.

Football Man - It's a fair cop and I'm guilty as charged, if they take me to Court I'll try to get the Solicitor in the actual photo to defend me which will be quite unique I would have thought and might attract some press coverage.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
2. What is the story behind Tracy Cohen leaving the Club she had been a central part of since the formation of the Women's team. ANSWER - As a person who knows mostly about the first team you should email JB for an accurate answer.

3praise - I think overall I couldn't have expected anything more from your answers but can I just revisit question 2 if you don't mind as I'm sure you know far more than you are letting on. Tracy Cohen was John's blue eyed girl and vice versa, they were virtually inseperable so surely he had something to say when she drove through the gates of heaven in her 4 x 4 never to return, I'm assuming she wasn't in attendance on Saturday for the Club's Centenary celebrations.
I do have two further questions relating to last Saturday's activities if you don't mind answering them:
6. Who won the egg and spoon race
7. Who won the sack race

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
How on earth do you work that one out, would he be accepting clients like Nadia Almada if he was.

I worked that out cos the one case I know he took, he was successful (100% success rate, i make that)

Also the case he took seemed to be stacked against his client, who had a lot of negative press....I am sure you understand her situation !

Greg Dyke - I am not sure what you are suggesting but you appear to be siding with the enemy here or are you just a loyal fan of Nadia Almada, I have to say I'm disappointed as I thought you were on my side. Okay 'Sugar' somehow won the case but it must have been a total fluke or the Judge or Jury were got at in the same way he tried to get at the SSML hierarchy.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Okay 'Sugar' somehow won the case but it must have been a total fluke or the Judge or Jury were got at in the same way he tried to get at the SSML hierarchy.

clip Rods, do you remember the other day you were asking for examples of where you had made inappropriate and offensive comments?

Football Man - What's inappropriate and offensive about that, if 'Sugar' is capable of trying to influence the SSML hierarchy in order to get me off this Forum then he is more than capable of getting at a Jury or a Judge who he may have a good rapport with anyway through his day to day dealings in the legal game, I wouldn't put anything past him. How else would you explain him getting Nadia Almada acquitted when she was clearly guilty.

The report from Tuesday evenings encounter at Brache Sparta, I'm still waiting to hear whether 3praise was amongst the attendance of six. I was interested to see Kesi Dryden back in the fold where he belongs, 3praise kept that quiet:

For the second game in a row Borough took an early lead when TOMMY CATANIA slotted home after only 4 minutes but this time they failed to build on their lead and Mark Brown equalised for the home side five minutes later. Brache enjoyed the greater share of possession in the remainder of the half without ever producing anything to seriously test Borough keeper Matthew Smith - and Borough likewise failed to trouble the home custodian. Immediately after the restart Borough fell behind to a scrappy goal finally knocked home by Edwin Leslie after a goalmouth scramble but Brache sat back somewhat after that and Borough became more dominant as the half wore on. WAYNE GRANT drove an accurate cross shot low into the corner to equalise and Jamie Millbery was denied a winner by a fine tip over save from Peter Baker in the home goal. Borough left feeling a little disappointed that their late pressure had not brought a winner but a point from a difficult midweek game away to the team which finished 7th last season is not to be sniffed at.

Borough Squad:- Matthew Smith, Adepitan Adewale, Taskin Huseyin, Ben Nortey, Andrew Stokes, Kesi Dryden, Omar Yassen Omar, Tommy Catania, Wayne Grant, Jamaal Duncan, Christopher Antoni

Substitutes Used :- Melvin Thompson, Jamie Millbery, Mark Maher. Unused - Daneil Iroegbu

Here it is folks, the eagerly awaited match report from the Wembley tie at Coles Park on Saturday:

FA CUP Extra Prelim Round

In one of the most exciting games seen at Coles Park for a long while sheer determination not to be beaten allied with no little skill brought Borough two late goals and earned them a replay trip to the Vale Farm Stadium of their visitors, Wembley FC, who finished third in the Premier Division of the Cherry Red Records Combined Counties League last season.

A dreadful start saw Borough concede a penalty for a trip after only five minutes but they were reprieved as Jumo Mitchell drove it low and hard a foot outside the post. But with Wembley’s Paul Shelton a constant problem for the Borough defence it was no surprise when he slammed home the visitors first goal in the 10th minute. Wembley continued to look the more dangerous when going forward although Borough enjoyed a fair share of possession but without creating any real chances or unduly troubling the visitors custodian. Wembley had gone close a number of times before they doubled their lead on the half hour mark when David Taylor unleashed a massive shot from way out on the right touchline which gathered momentum and swirled around in the fairly strong wind and flew over the head of Borough ‘keeper Luke Wheeler into the far top corner. Wembley played the ball around confidently for the rest of the half but, enjoying their two goal cushion, with less urgency than before.

It was a different story in the second half as Borough gradually seized control and forced themselves back into the game with new signing Ronardson Obinna, finally Internationally Cleared last week, giving Wembley all sorts of trouble with his speed and trickery down the right flank and it took a fine tip over by Wembley ‘keeper Lee Pearce to deny him a goal very similar to Wembley’s second. In the end it was a substitute who had only been on the field for a few minutes who put Borough back in the game. Wayne Grant beat an attempted offside trap and raced through in a one on one with Pearce who did well to block his effort but the loose ball was worked into the path of Mark Maher who slammed it home hard and low from the edge of the penalty area in the 75th minute. Borough sensed the opportunity to complete their comeback and attacked with greater urgency than ever but it was not until the 88th minute of normal time that they equalised when Obinna found space to the right of the penalty are to collect the ball at the end of a flowing move and take it to the edge of the 6 yard box before lashing an unstoppable rocket into the roof of the net. Wembley then mounted a few late raids of their own and gave Borough a nervous minute or two from some set pieces but the Borough defence had shaken off its early jitters and was now in no mood to concede the hard won and well deserved parity. The winners of the replay on Tuesday 21st August will entertain Ware of the Rymans league Division One North in the Preliminary Round on 1st September.

Borough Line-up: Luke WHEELER, Adepitan ADEWALE, Tommy CATANIA,

Ben NORTEY, Abu UMAR , Kesi DRYDEN (Mark MAHER 73)

Omar Yaseen OMAR (Jamie MILLBERY 80), Melvin THOMPSON, Wayne GRANT, Jamaal DUNCAN (Daneil IROEGBU 61), Ronardson OBINNA

Unused Substitutes: Christopher ANTONI, Michael INGALL-CLARK