Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

So how did 'we' get on tonight, anybody.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
So how did 'we' get on tonight, anybody.

"We" lost 3-0

Very disappointing, I wonder whether 'Sugar' made it back from Cyprus.

Like I said, very disappointing, do we know if 'Sugar' was there:

FA CUP Extra Prelim Round

Borough's dreams of FA Cup glory came to an end at Wembley - unfortunately in the Vale Farm Stadium and not the rather bigger and better known one a mile away. As on Saturday Borough conceded an early penalty when having won a corner they carelessly lost possession and enabled Wembley to launch a fast raid spearheaded by their most dangerous player Paul Shelton and he was prevented from creating a clear scoring chance for himself only at the expense of a penalty. Jumo Mitchell who had missed from the spot on saturday made no mistake this time, blasting it hard and low to Luke Wheeler's right in the 10th minute. Borough enjoyed as much posession as their hosts in the first half but were unable to fashion any clear cut openings. Wembley started the second half brightly and doubled their lead in the 53rd minute when Bradley Scott met a free kick to send a thumping header into the top corner. Borough never gave up but could not develop the sustained pressure which had brought them level on Saturday and the game was effectively over in the 83rd minute when Mitchell cut in from the left and drove the ball under Wheeler from a tight angle.

Borough squad: Luke Wheeler, Adepitan Adewale (Jamie Millbery 73), Ben Nortey, Andrew Stokes, Kieran Donnelly, Ronardson Obinna, Melvin Thompson, Wayne Grant (Jammal Duncan 45), Mark Maher (Daneil Iroegbu 59), Omar Yaseen Omar.

Unused Subs: Abu Umar, Kesi Dryden

I gather Andy Stokes, Adeniyi Adedeji and Melvin Thompson got our goals today following a goaless first period, where's 3praise when you need him most.

Yes that's right, hasn't George told you during your cosy little chats that I bleed yellow and green.

Sounds like 'we' won fairly comfortably, without breaking sweat, yesterday, it's good to see Kesi Dryden back in the fold:

A much changed Borough squad comfortably preserved their unbeaten League record with what was ultimately a convincing win over their vistors from Milton Keynes. An uneventful first half suggested that a goal-less draw might be the most likely outcome for neither keeper had been put to any real test. Andy Stokes had come nearest to finding the net midway through the half when he nodded the ball against the crossbar as a corner reached him at the far post. Borough stepped up a gear after the interval and it was central defender Stokes who was to be the first to find the net when he met a free kick from near the right corner flag at the near post and sent an accurate glancing header into the far top corner in the 64th Minute. New Bradwell should have equalised when their only real chance was blasted over the bar from just a few yards out as the competent Borough defence was for once caught out. They were to rue the miss for in the 75th minute two players making their debuts combined to double the lead. Borough 'keeper Jamaine Edwards launched a massive clearance kick deep into the New Bradwell half and Adeniyi Adedeji timed his run perfectly to lash the ball first time past the advancing visiting 'keeper. Two minutes later it was all over as a low free kick from Melvin Thompson took a wicked swerve to deceive the scrambling 'keeper. Another debut making Borough player, Guy Djedje should have made it four in the closing minutes but having rounded the 'keeper rolled the ball wide of the gaping net but it mattered not for the game was well won by then.

Borough squad:- Jamaine Edwards, Adepitan Adewale, Taskin Huseyin, Ben Nortey, Andrew Stokes, Kesi Dryden, Adeniyi Adedeji, Melvin Thompson, Jamaal Duncan, Daneil Iroegbu, Omar Yaseen Omar.

Used substitutes:- Michael Ingall-Clark, Jamie Millbery, Guy Djedje.

Unused sub:- Chima Obiji

I think 'we' will certainly be thereabouts but personally I don't think so due to the 'Sugar' factor, it pains me to say it but he's a loser and it will always rub off on the Club as long as he's at the helm.

it pains me to say it but he's a loser

Sacked as Assistant Secretary at Haringey Borough and banned from the ground = loser.

Demoted from first team secretary at Kentish Town = loser.

Demoted again from reserve team secretary at Kentish Town = loser.

Why are you asking Football Man that question, besides he is way off the mark with his vindictive comments. I was not demoted as Secretary of Kentish Town, it was decided, after much deliberation, that my time would be better spent elsewhere as opposed to constantly fighting fires. Yes I am still Programme Editor at the Club which as Football Man knows full well is a job in itself particularly with a programme getting on for 100 pages, were you aware that we won the SSML Division 1 programme on the season award for 2006/2007, no mean feat and against all the odds.

I was not demoted as Secretary of Kentish Town,

Oh yes you were

How do you come to that conclusion

It's obvious. The club had to ditch you following Aki's complaint which was referred to the London FA. You have no executive role at Kentish Town now and are sulking to the extent that you don't even go to games to watch your second choice team play.

p.s How's the job application at Ruislip Manor going. Are they affiliated to the London FA?

Horace - That is absolute nonsense and you know it, you know that 'Sugar' didn't have a leg to stand on with his complaint to the SSML hierarchy which they laughed out of Court before passing it on to the London FA who, in turn, forwarded it to the Herts FA. Reading between the lines of the e-mail I received from the Herts FA asking for my side of the story they were rolling in the ailes and 'Sugar' must have made himself a real laughing stock. Anyway if what you say is true and I was

'ditched' why then didn't I take up the Secretarial roles I was offered at a number of other Clubs including Wingate and Finchley and Stony Stratford Town.