Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield v Enfield Town

Duke of York

Neither side has done too well of late but Town have more to play for as we are still in the race for a play-off place. With pride at stake too and revenge required for the August Bank holiday defeat I reckon:

EFC-1 3-ETFC

Attendance: 285

Ref: cr*p

Linos: cr*p

Punch-ups: 2

Explosions from the Chuckle Brothers: Too many to count!

Not often I agree with you Gazza.

Syrup - you clearly saw a different game to me. It was Bastian who got stamped on in the first half and you should have noticed that he came out at half time with his left leg bandaged and trying out a fitness test.

It was the removal of Hughes and the replacement of Bastian by Campbell which, in my view, led to increased pressure in the second half. We lost pace in the back line and your number 16 had a very good game and kept, until the last few minutes, Dean Nyman quiet.

I thought the officials were up to the usual Ryman standard and you cannot blame your defeat on them. Your defence was at 6s and 7s in the first half and for the beginning of the second. Clearly you need a goalkeeper, he cannot make up for lack of ability by shouting and some of his comments were inflammatory to say the least.

John Stephenson was your man of the match and why he was replaced I dont know unless it was to stop him getting another booking.

I went along to the game last night,exciting game,but i have to disagree with that last comment by 'Steph',Dean Nyman was quite,i thought he was one of your better players,first half,he had a hand in both goals,getting joy down the left hand side,and the second half a little quite,but town were defending for long periods,and the defensive side of him came out,so i think you were watching a slightly different game Steph!!!!Rudi Hall had a good game,after a few games out i see,i think town would of killed the game even more,if he was on the pitch.Well donr Town!!

I said that number 16 kept Dean Nyman quiet in the second half.

except for the last few minutes. Of course Dean had a good game in the first half and I agree he had a hand in two goals and, possibly a third, if Steve had scored the penalty. It seems, from reading your post that we did actually go to the same game and we agree with each other.

The cross for the first goal was made good by Steve Valandia's fine work.

Town played well for 70 minutes last night, but lost their way when Rudi Hall came off. Very much a case of taking foot of accelerator at 3-0 up, and nearly paying for it.

EFC's first goal was very well taken. The second goal (cue howls of derision from "coupwotcoup") is an absolute mystery to me. I simply have no idea why the ref awarded a penalty. But then I thought his award late on of a penalty to Town was pretty harsh too. The difference being EFC scored theirs, but ETFC hit the underside of the bar.

It should have been a lot more comfortable than it was. We continue to miss too many 1 on 1s. Nyman alone had two gilt edged chances to seal it in the last 5 minutes.

Braithwaite didn't get long on the pitch, but I thought he was starting to look dangerous, taking up some good positions and starting to run with the ball at pace. We will have to see how Crace's injury is - I don't think he will be fit for Saturday - but thank god we have some options up front.

Our back 4 looked slow. We could do with Disco Dave back and fit.

My man of the match, oddly, was John Stephenson for EFC. I thought he was outstanding when they were 0-3 down. He really geed his team mates up and led by example. But I bet he won't play as passionately as that again for a while. If he did, he would be a very good player indeed.

Are we related BJR? - I often find myself agreeing with your posts!!

Yes EFCs first goal was a belter, though it came from a wayward pass by Simon Tickner. However, all three Town goals were better!

Mr Stephenson did have a good game, but blotted his copybook with that petulant hack at Town's outstanding player Andy Jones.

Hope Ricci is fit for Saturday, as I can't see Leon being ready for 90 minutes yet. The return of Mr Opoka would also be most welcome!

Re our pen, I was right behind the goal and very close to the play and it was a pen. Although our player had really lost control of the ball, their keeper did catch his ankles and in the laws of the game that is a pen even though the ball probably would have gone out of play. Don't know about their pen as it was at the other end of the pitch and my eyesight is s***!

I was adamant your penalty was a dive it was a dive, and when this was confirmed by a few town fans that settled it for me,if it was a dive your player should be ashamed, he is not Christiano Ronaldo! our sending off was pretty ridiculous, lino and ref do nothing until your team run at Dave Bound from behind and nearly push him over, looked to me like he was trying to get his foot out and your guy had rolled around like he'd been shot. If there was anything in it, why no respnse from officials till AFTER your team influenced them ? You would be a much better team if you spent more time playing and less time appealing for free kicks and penalties. For some reason we played an attacking left midfielder at left back , when there was a perfectly good left back on the bench ! logic beats me there!

How can the referee and lino be accused of doing nothing until the Town team "influenced them" when the whole thing blew up about two seconds after the incident? So they did nothing for a full two seconds then - how remiss of them! Can't comment on the merits of the red card as I was too far away.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the penalty, but yours was pretty soft as well wasn't it? And at least we are gentlemen and missed ours.....

smirk

Agree with earlier comments about Andy Jones. He had a stormer last night and thoroughly deserved his goal. He has looked stronger with every game.

For me, Velandia is the one player in our team who can do something different. I wish he got more of the ball. He used to be brushed off the ball far too easily but that's not been the case over recent months. He has got a lot tougher this season. I just wish he would hit the early ball sometimes - especially now we have Braithwaite, and Opoka who I haven't seen play yet. Good to have some pacy options up front. Hammatt runs his heart out every game, but his runs tend to free up space for others - only they haven't been making the runs.

I was disappointed with the EFC fans behind their goal last night. I expect vindictive at derby matches, but most of it was way OTT. They were a poor reflection on the majority of their loyal fans (I hope). But again I left the match last night looking at the crowd and wondering how many of both sets of fans would turn out regularly in a decent stadium in the borough .....

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Re our pen, I was right behind the goal and very close to the play and it was a pen. Although our player had really lost control of the ball, their keeper did catch his ankles and in the laws of the game that is a pen even though the ball probably would have gone out of play. Don't know about their pen as it was at the other end of the pitch and my eyesight is s***!

Would be interested in your comments if the situation had been reversed?? Hi slaphead!!