Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Comments on the official ETFC site.

Mr Happy

Once again, there are comments on the official site criticizing the actions of some supporters. This site should NOT be used as a vehicle for any one person or persons to air their own opinions. I suggest that those comments are removed.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Well said. The forum should be the place for discussion and debate – not the official website. Comments made on www.etfc.co.uk can only lead to resentment as fans cannot respond with their own feelings on the matter.

But they can Email the Club if they so wish and make their feeling known.

flowersmile

Enfield Town supporters invest a lot of time, effort and money supporting their club so they do have a right to complain if they witness a particularly gutless performance. Football is a passionate game so emotions will always run high. These same disgruntled supporters do care for the club. After a couple of days of reflection they will almost certainly be back throwing their full support behind the team. Apart from fans forums like this, the only other way to complain is to not go to the game and that doesn’t help anyone!

It smacks of hypocrisy to turn a blind eye to abuse of referees, assistant referees and opposition players but to then complain when supporters have a go at their own players for abject performances.

Enfield Town supporters invest a lot of time, effort and money supporting their club so they do have a right to complain if they witness a particularly gutless performance. Football is a passionate game so emotions will always run high. These same disgruntled supporters do care for the club. After a couple of days of reflection they will almost certainly be back throwing their full support behind the team. Apart from fans forums like this, the only other way to complain is to not go to the game and that doesn’t help anyone!

It smacks of hypocrisy to turn a blind eye to abuse of referees, assistant referees and opposition players but to then complain when supporters have a go at their own players for abject performances.

Don't give a $£"% about the officials or the opposition, wouldn't chant against one of my own team during a game though, that's bang out of order as far as I'm concerned.

I have never had a go at any of our players or for that matter my other team York City. I don't think I ever have or am ever likely to although I did chant for the resignation of former York City Chairman Douglas Craig when he nearly put the mighty Minstermen out of business.

My posting was really to support fellow supporters right to express their emotions and vent their frustration within reason.

....It smacks of hypocrisy to turn a blind eye to abuse of referees, assistant referees and opposition players but to then complain when supporters have a go at their own players for abject performances......

Exactly, well said Duke.

Also as the Town is owned by the fans lets hope the powers that be listen to the fans & get the web site altered asap!

I agree with Arkwrights last comment.

I thought that the abuse of one of OUR players was a disgrace, remember this was the only fit and available forward that we had!

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Once again, there are comments on the official site criticizing the actions of some supporters. This site should NOT be used as a vehicle for any one person or persons to air their own opinions. I suggest that those comments are removed.

I agree

Just to put the record straight, in my opion Brian is not good enough to be in a starting line up for Enfield Town, and hasn't been for some time, he is off the pace and is yet to finish when one on one with the keeper.

Now if I can not voice that opinion at the game without a member of the infamous inner circle phoning me up, later that evening, to complain that I dare make these comments out loud at a game, then it is not the club I signed up for.

As I posted earlier somwhere. Who made the statements on the homepage? Posters on here have been criticised in the past for 'hiding' behind an alias. I therefore take it that it shouldn't happen on here yet it can happen on the homepage?

I just can't believe Southport's posting. Whatever next, some supporters being banned from the ground?

Just to put the record straight, in my opion Brian is not good enough to be in a starting line up for Enfield Town, and hasn't been for some time, he is off the pace and is yet to finish when one on one with the keeper.

Now if I can not voice that opinion at the game without a member of the infamous inner circle phoning me up, later that evening, to complain that I dare make these comments out loud at a game, then it is not the club I signed up for.

As has been said elsewhere this is nothing to do with circles inner, outer or wherever. Your comments on Saturday were offensive to a player and his family, as well as plenty of people who heard them. The evidence to support that was there for anybody to see after the game. It is for that reason that you owe the people concerned an apology.

Can it be right that a few thoughtless individuals within a democratically run club can treat other members of the club in that way.