Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Programme Award

Taken from NonleagueDaily.com.

Well done to Scott Reed

I am pleased to be able to announce the winners of the inaugural NonleagueDaily.com Programme of the Year awards.

The categories have been split, with Step1, 2 and 3 leagues (Nationwide Conference National, North, South and Premier Divisions of the Ryman, Southern and UniBond), being judged together, Step 4 leagues judged separately and Step 5, 6 and 7 leagues also judged together.

For each category a first and runners-up award have been given.

I was a programme editor myself for a number of years at Kettering Town in the 1980s and early 90s and was fortunate enough to win a couple of awards during that time.

Indeed, I am back doing the job again now, combining the roles of football chairman and general manager of Wellingborough Town with that of programme editor – combined tasks I am sure are common at our level of the game.

I have not judged my own efforts, otherwise no-one else would stand a chance of winning in the Step 5, 6 and 7 category!!

Seriously, I have been overwhelmed with the response overall and it will no doubt now become an annual event.

As I didn`t receive entries from every club in every division or level, it would be wrong of me to list a top ten or whatever, so instead I will only announce the actual winner and runner-up in each category.

Myself or another member of the nonleaguedaily crew will present the trophies to the clubs on a day and date to be agreed.

Therefore, if you are a winner, please contact me (Steve Whitney) initially on: whitney@btconnect.com so that we can arrange presentation.

Runners-up awards will be sent.

Please remember that decisions on winners and runners-up have been made on a personal preference.

I like there to be plenty of reading material especially. It doesn`t bother me if a programme has lots of glossy pages or is just photocopied. The price is also a factor.

At the end of the day, someone has put in a lot of effort, whether it be for a 4-page photocopied version or a 32-page all singing, all dancing all colour programme.

THE AWARD WINNERS:

Step1, 2 and 3 Leagues (Nationwide Conference National, North, South and Premier Divisions of the Ryman, Southern and UniBond)

Winner: TAMWORTH

Runner-up: GATESHEAD

Step 4 Leagues (Ryman Div One North, South, UniBond Div One, Southern Midland, South & West)

Winner: ENFIELD TOWN

Runner-up: CHESHAM UNITED

Step 5, 6 and 7 Leagues

Winner: RAINWORTH MINERS WELFARE

Runner-up: BOLDMERE ST MICHAELS

I think my bits swung it!!!! wink

Seriously, Well done to all. applause applause2