Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

jc

It's surprising no-one's mentioned Friday's attendance yet, which compares very unfavourably with those of the Friday night matches from last season against Accy and Canvey (both 1500+) - particularly considering the 'kids go free' offer, which again doesn't seem to have had much of an effect.

Most damningly, had the match been played on Saturday the attendance could well have been better, since it would almost certainly have attracted a larger away support.

That's the real problem with Friday night footy at Fleet. Traffic.

Total gridlock every Friday from 5pm - 8pm from the Dartford Crossing to the M2, both ways.

Took me an hour from Hempstead to Fleet via Wainscott, Higham and Denton.

As a matter of principle I will take not my better half to Bluewater or Lakeside on Friday evenings, blaming the traffic.

First Friday night game this year- she scoffs at me for going and lo and behold she was right.

The trouble is the sort of accident that happened on Friday is a regular occurrence on such as busy road in rush hour(s)when everyone is in a hurry to get anywhere.

M2/A2 shut for 5, yes FIVE hours 'cos of a fatal accident.

Whilst I feel sorry for the casualty, how long does it take to take a few measurements, statements and photographs before they clear the road?

In all other European countries, the road would have been back to normal within 2 hours.

And I missed the Alders*t goal!!

Like JC, I was surprised at attendance.But as Hirsty said the traffic was a nightmare. The smash up and resulting closure of the A2 couldn't have helped. I didn't get to the ground untill 8:20 and there were 6 others trying to get in as well. Also I thought Aldershot would have brought a few more with them.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if we knew that Gills and Charlton were not playing, and England were dur to play at 6.30 on Saturday, it would have made good sense to start the game at 2pm to allow both sets of fans to see ours and the England game.

Had that been the case, I reckon we would have topped the 1500 mark.