Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town v Haringey Borough - 20 October

Because 'the great one' and Hector Valera are UEFA 'A' qualified Coaches, it's quite extraordinary that Chelsea's Avram Grant doesn't have the necessary qualifications to Coach in the Premiership yet our two Coaches do.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Because 'the great one' and Hector Valera are UEFA 'A' qualified Coaches, it's quite extraordinary that Chelsea's Avram Grant doesn't have the necessary qualifications to Coach in the Premiership yet our two Coaches do.

Are you sure that Clement completed his "A" Licence? I've asked you this several times. Also, I believe that the "Pro" Licence required to manage a Premiership Club is astep further than "A"?
Also, is it Hector Valera or Hector Varela?

Horace - As far as I'm aware he has in a similar way his friend Roy Keane did. My understanding is that the UEFA 'A' licence is roughly the same as the Pro Licence and would qualify in the Premiership, it's absolutely shameful that Avram Grant doesn't have the necessary qualification to Coach Chelsea and should be forced to stand down with immediate effect.

SteveR and his partner in crime Hendonboy still haven't responded properly to why Hendon spent 50k on a feasibility study at the Copthall Stadium a couple of years back and where that money actually came from, I wouldn't have thought Hendon had that sort of money to just pour down the drain after deciding it wasn't a viable proposition to play there.

Quote:

Help save Hendon Football Club
26-Sep-2004
The Claremont Road site where Hendon currently play is no longer financially viable for the club. The gate receipts do not even cover the costs of running the club and the stands, grounds and buildings are in need of urgent repairs. The footings in the main stand are rotting and are a fire hazard and the covered stand has already been condemned. The cost is upwards of £1 million. Arbiter Group do not have the funds to continue supporting the club or to carry out these repairs.
Our Football Club can only survive if we can sell the existing site to enable us to move to Copthall Stadium and reinvest in the future of the club. This move will enable us to invest in Copthall Stadium, which is also deteriorating, and secure the future of Shaftesbury Harriers. We have already spent £50,000 on the pitch. We will also be able to develop our mini soccer and youth teams, as well as grassroots football and athletics.
Without your support, Hendon Football Club will have to close. The proposals for the new care home for the elderly and residential units within the existing footprint at Claremont Road are going to the Planning Committee in October. Please help us by signing the online petition in support of the planning application (link below).
Thanks very much in advance for your support.

SteveR - I have to say I'm surprised as I thought you knew everything there was to know about Hendon, let me put you in the picture.

That's still a lot of money to waste though isn't it on what was ultimately a white elephant

Well your loss is obviously our gain, Graham was amazed when he found out we had secured the stadium to play at and asked how we had pulled it off, he certainly gave me the impression that Hendon would have given their right arm to play there which is also what the above piece from the Clubs in Crisis Website indicates.