Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town v Haringey Borough - 20 October

Rhodes check this out...what do you think? Would look nice along the terraces or on the huge main stand at Copthall?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Navy-and-Sky-Blue-...VQQcmdZViewItem

Is the home kit Sky blue with Navy trim / Navy shorts/ Sky socks?

I read that you had black shorts? not too sure though, is it the same kit as last season with the navy banner across the sky blue shirt?

Originally Posted By: Gavin
LOL yes it begins..Gavin & Rhodes...be scared ....very scared LOL

Has that been agreed officially "Gavin & Rhodes"? Not "Rhodes & Gavin"?

Nothing has been agreed Horace, I am watching the 'Mighty' Blues in action on Saturday for the very first time and what a match to see them in, against Rhodes most hated Haringey who just so happen to be top of the league.

Hertford could have had me, but no offer came in, I had four offers one of which were from Kentish Town, I shall not disclose the other 3 except to say 2 were from the SSML and 1 was from a Combined Counties side...

Originally Posted By: paulb
Would like to say that we were not the Combined Counties side involved!!!!

Thats Camberley right? you are the manager arent you, I heard you on the BBC Non league show a while back, very good it was too.

Camberley have improved over the past couple of seasons so you must be doing something right and you took Dartford to a replay in the FA Cup recently.

Gavin said "Hertford could have had me, but no offer came in,"

"I would not have gone to Hertford..too far to get too plus a club going nowhere"

So everyone is happy then!

Originally Posted By: Gavin
Would like to say that we were not the Combined Counties side involved!!!!

Thats Camberley right? you are the manager arent you, I heard you on the BBC Non league show a while back, very good it was too.

Camberley have improved over the past couple of seasons so you must be doing something right and you took Dartford to a replay in the FA Cup recently.

Yeah thats us radio Show was good fun, and are doing ok so far.

radio Show was good fun

Did you remember to give Caroline my regards on the night, she's a bit of alright isn't she

I note this thread was started on 9 September and the day has now arrived, doesn't time fly. I've done 80 programmes, is that likely to be enough do you think.

From a Hoddy perspective I'd like to wish Kentish Town the best of luck and hopefully do us a favour by beating Haringey!

NeutralFan - Many thanks for your good wishes however I think you need to be looking over your shoulder at us and not Haringey. I thought you and everyone else would like an early read of our programme notes for this afternoon to set the scene:

SATURDAY 20th OCTOBER 2007 3.00pm Issue 4 of 2007/2008

KENTISH TOWN v HARINGEY BOROUGH

(Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division 1)

Today, it is our great pleasure to welcome the players, officials and supporters of Haringey Borough Football Club to our new home for the afternoon. The same sentiments are, of course, extended to Match Referee Mr Ben Furneaux from Harrow Weald and his two Assistants, Mr Keith Hiller from Barnet and Mr Steven Pordes from Harrow, whatever the outcome of the contest we hope that they enjoy their brief stay with us and have a safe journey home. Our players will have, as always, been instructed to respect Mr Furneaux’s decisions at all times and make his job as easy as possible, any not doing will no doubt get what they deserve from a Referee we know only too well from his company last season and they will also be harshly dealt with by the Club as well as hit in the pocket.

The Spartan South Midlands League fixture computer has pitted us with Haringey Borough again only five weeks after the encounter on 22 September at Coles Park which resulted in a pulsating 2-2 stalemate. Town took the lead on 23 minutes through man of the moment Jonathan Donoghue only for Borough’s equally prolific Chima Obiji to equalise ten minutes later. Obiji then proceeded to give his side the lead on the hour mark but to Town’s great credit we immediately replied through Donoghue again and almost went on to take all three points. Let us hope this afternoon’s proceedings are just as exciting.

Town travelled to deepest Watford last Saturday to meet struggling Sun Postal Sports and made heavy weather of it before running out 3-2 victors with two more goals from Jonathan Donoghue bringing his tally for the campaign so far to eight. With the scores locked at 2-2 just after the interval it was unsurprisingly Lee Scott who popped up to get the winning goal, his first of the season having just returned to the Club after some nine months out of the game. With Lee now back in the fold and already enjoying a telepathic strike partnership with Donoghue the remainder of the season is looking extremely bright for Town.

Our last match here however was somewhat of a disappointing affair from our perspective against Cheshunt Reserves who found themselves three goals to the good after only half an hours play. Town pulled a goal back through David Dawson just before the break however the young Cheshunt side extended their lead on the hour mark and never looked back with Ossie Barket netting a consolation goal as the Referee was putting the final whistle to his lips.

Ossie will actually be renewing acquaintances with some of his former colleagues this afternoon as he has plied his trade for the Coles Park Club previously. Head Coach Clement Temile was also previously on the Haringey Borough payroll for a spell before joining Town at the start of last season when we embarked on a wonderful run of ten unbeaten league games scoring 36 goals and conceding just 7 in the process, this was largely due to the arrival of Clement who, as everyone knows, has a football CV as long as your arm.

This will be only Town’s second ever competitive meeting with our near neighbours Haringey Borough, the Club’s did meet at the beginning of the 2004/2005 season in a pre-season friendly when Town spent that campaign at Coles Park as ‘tenants’ having entered into a groundshare agreement which lasted just that one season. We are as surprised as everybody else to be pitting our wits against Borough in Division 1 of the Spartan South Midlands League who were relegated from the top flight with Royston Town last season yet should surely be one of the leading Premier Division hopefuls challenging for the championship as well as entry into the Ryman League each season, who was it who said football can be a funny old game.

On Wednesday evening Town entertain Ampthill Town in the First Round of the Division One Cup and a good crowd is expected at the Copthall Stadium as was the case when we hosted Langford recently in the Challenge Trophy. We then host high flying Brache Sparta a week today who will still, no doubt, have the corresponding fixture from last season fresh in their minds as they pull into the car park although this was of course played at Vale Farm, the home of Wembley Football Club. Town ran out 8-2 winners that evening in a game that had absolutely everything and which was coincidentally refereed by Mr Furneaux who is possibly still recovering from writers cramp. Brache Sparta must be one of the bookies favourites for Division 1 this season along with our opponents today although Borough surprisingly arrive here with just one point from their last two matches and with a 4-0 drubbing at Hoddesdon Town on Tuesday still ringing in their ears.

We are expecting a decent size crowd at the Copthall Stadium this afternoon for what will be only our fourth competitive home fixture so far, we welcome any ‘groundhoppers’ present and we hope that you and everyone else go home to watch X Factor satisfied, having been entertained both on and off the field, and with smiles on your faces.