Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

yesterdays fiasco

Uncle Urchin

Originally Posted By: Serious Sid
Suspect it would have to be with the consent of BOTH Managers. Staines seemed happy to have the game abandoned so maybe such agreement would not have been reached.

not what I am told..

the ref has the power to insist that game goes ahead with one or no linesmen...should a manager refuse to abide by that then his team forfeit the points...

I repeat....this is what I am told...

Originally Posted By: Serious Sid
Hmmmm, that's interesting. So did our ref get it wrong? If he had any doubts he should have got on the blower to HQ.

well apparently the staines chairman did that to ryman HQ (which he is an official of)?

Our nett is not happy and is reviewing her options a lot of money was wasted yesterday...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
I say we should reform as afcwooftersunited and appeal...we'll get 50 grand compo and 18 points awarded to us... grin

Doubt it - you'd probably get off scot free (i.e. thrown out of County cup, FA Trophy, have to pay back prize money, lose 3 points and get a fine) but don't let that stop you grin

From the Ryman Handbook:

"In the event of any of the Match Officials not being in attendance at the match or becoming unable to complete the match the two Clubs, in conjunction with the Match Referee (or the senior Assistant Referee who is to replace the Match Referee) must agree to a substitute on the ground to prevent the match being postponed or abandoned and such subsititute shall be a considered a Match Official for the time being. Should the appointed Referee fail to appear, the Assistant Referee should take charge.

If a substitute is not available the match shall be completed under the control of the remaining Match Officials. In the event that a Club, notwithstanding the provisions of this paragraph causes a match to be abandoned by failing to agree on a substitute Match Official then that Club shall be charged with failing to fulfil a fixture (£500 + VAT)."

Seems to be a bit strange to me. If no substitute official is available then you can keep going with the remaining Match Officials, but if there is a substitute but the teams cannot agree then it can be abandoned???

At least it seems as though the fine will go to them by the sound of it.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

Our nett is not happy and is reviewing her options a lot of money was wasted yesterday...

Logically we should not be one penny out of pocket here. Due to the unfortunate injury to a Ryman Official the Ryman League could not fulfil its obligation to supply officials to allow the game to continue. Therefore they should be liable for any and all losses on the day. The Ryman League are quick to impose fines on clubs which do not fulfil their League obligations so now the boot is well and truly on the other foot. Go for the jugular Jen! laugh

I overheard some away officials commenting that if the referee decided that the game should be finished with the substitute lino who came forward then they would have had no choice. They were surprised that there was some kind of vote or debate about it in the first place as the decision was the ref's. So in a sense whilst they were in the wrong in declining the option of the sub, they never should have had the choice in the first place.

If the ref said, game must be completed and staines refused then fair enough, they should be penalised, but notwithstanding the fact that they were getting battered I am sure they would have happily completed the match (players, I mean).

So.....the officials were to blame.....