Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

great picture of crossy...

Uncle Urchin

in non league today.....nice to get a bit of coverage which is more than we got from the pinko woofter loving dwarf...

also notice from afcwonsunday that micky woodward is getting peed off with fans giving him and his family stick and is threatening to move the club back to the ESL....

now I have had my ups and downs with micky over the years and we don't always agree but bloody well said micky.....after everything he has done for that club and all the money he has put in to it he is at least entitled to some fckn respect for his family.....if he walked tomorrow they'd be back at level 7...

fans should do their job and support their team and let others do their jobs and run the club and MW has done a good job at grays....

Sorry to say this but Grays have a section of fans who are right assholes. I generally don't enjoy watching football there.

Grays are a massive club but micky woodward is holding them back,the last time i went down there i wasnt allowed to take my dog into the ground,they were charging one quid for a cup of tea and there wasnt no loo paper in the ladies bog,i spend most of my saturday afternoons helping out at Basildon United now,if theres a sleeping giant in Essex non league football its them.

Personally I think they could do certain things better such as food a lot better

At the ryman league cup final a few years back they ran out of hot food with over 30 mins of time remaining

A went along to two of their league games last season and on both occasions they ran out of hot food before the second half had kicked off

That must be costing them a fair wack if thats the case week in week out (if of course they don't contract out food provision)

Also I cant see how moving grounds will benefit as the proposed site is in the middle of knowhere being a couple of miles from the nearest railway station and not on any bus routes. So unless you drive its a bugger to get to.

Also the rec is in the middle of a housing estate and pretty much in central Grays nice and easy to get to with a large number of people living within walking distance unlike their proposed site in the middle of knowhere although Woodward seems to think it will boost off field revenue would need a hell of an increase to meet the fall off in att

Originally Posted By: cantos
Thats funny i never typed fans focus.com.

big brother is watching you cantos.... grin

all the above posts swerve the issue...... MW and his family are entitled to respect for what he has done for the club (and gooner don't be so naive to believe that they would survive in the ryman prem without him or money from someone else).....you need 800 plus gates every week for that and in the ryman prem they got 440...they need 2000 plus to be self sufficient in the connie......an average gate today at the bridge wouldn't even fund an esl championship win...

as I said...fans should do their job and support their team and let others do their job and pay for it all...because unfortunately in 99% of NL....fans don't...

sorry if that upsets the established belief of things but its the truth....

Originally Posted By: richard193
Grays are a massive club but micky woodward is holding them back,the last time i went down there i wasnt allowed to take my dog into the ground,they were charging one quid for a cup of tea and there wasnt no loo paper in the ladies bog,i spend most of my saturday afternoons helping out at Basildon United now,if theres a sleeping giant in Essex non league football its them.

ah richard mann...he of many essex clubs and an isthmian forum wind up legend...applause grin

Originally Posted By: Lurchin Urchin
Only been to Grays a few times didn't seem too bad and I guess UU point is it would be worse without MW !

Probably a good idea they do not let dogs into the ground if they are always running out of food; as I hear they have a big Korean fan base!

we don't let dogs into ours either LU.... grin

Originally Posted By: Lurchin Urchin
Only been to Grays a few times didn't seem too bad and I guess UU point is it would be worse without MW !

Probably a good idea they do not let dogs into the ground if they are always running out of food; as I hear they have a big Korean fan base!

In fairness Grays' ground is not too bad. Shame about some of the fans and the surrounding area.

UU, point well made about attendances and who actually finances non league footy. The benefactors of our game are to be applauded and looked after or we'll all have sod all to watch other than the premiership and a few remaining big clubs at extortionate entrance fees. It's time people woke up and realised this.

Grays are where they are because of financial support, in the same way that those who pump money in to clubs like Weymouth, Forest Green and others are, but thank goodness.

Originally Posted By: Mitchurchin
UU, point well made about attendances and who actually finances non league footy. The benefactors of our game are to be applauded and looked after or we'll all have sod all to watch other than the premiership and a few remaining big clubs at extortionate entrance fees. It's time people woke up and realised this.

Grays are where they are because of financial support, in the same way that those who pump money in to clubs like Weymouth, Forest Green and others are, but thank goodness.

many people have a part to play in the running of a successful non league club...the fans of course who pays their hard earned which goes a long way and who drive the team on from the terraces...the fans who volunteer to work match days and give up their enjoyment of watching the game...the directors who run the club selflessly and without gain...the sponsors who dig deep each year for hoardings and adverts...the manager and his staff who work so hard and receive so little and of course the chairman/shareholders who dig even deeper to gain that winning edge and keep the success rolling along each season...

all are as important as each other and none of them deserve abuse from anyone...

fortunately we have never had any of that at the bridge (a few minor tiffs each year but thats normal grin) I do however feel for MW and his family after all he has done down there...

Agreed on all counts. He's put loads into that club, I know a fair few Grays fans and they just moan constantly and one or two have said they preferred life in the ESL as it was more 'fun' well, if fun is standing in the lashing rain at Hullbridge on a tuesday evening then they can have it back. I dare say the gent concerned would not lose too much sleep, as opposed to what he's going through now.