Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Congratulations

SteveR

Originally Posted By: SteveR
Yet another good game between us. Thought the right team won, you really turned the screw in the second half. Good luck against Dulwich in a couple of weeks time.

thank you steve and well done to you fans and players from hendon for playing your part.....that was probably the best one out of the three and although its easy to say... I reckon I would have felt pretty good about our perfomance if we had lost...you should too.... applause

hope you enjoyed your visit to our ground and I trust that we made you feel welcome...

Well done Hornchurch. Found out the result via text.

Al the best in the next round.

Yellow greeting you from Munich!!

we spoke at half time mate,and i was more optomistic than you or bridgey.I always felt that if we could stop their game plan we would get somewhere.I felt we were immense second half,alot of the time without reward but we battled hard and kept pushing,and guess what,we got our reward

games of football at this level are always going to be close with each team having periods of possession and pressure....tis the way of the beautiful game....

tonight we weathered a 25 minute period of pure attacking football from hendon which was actually a joy to watch even though I was whinging and smoking ten to the dozen....(two off the woodwork from them) but we got the game back under our control and could have scored (parks hit the bar) only to give away a soft goal from a free kick in the last minute of the half...

massive job for colin...and he got it right...10 minutes in and three up front and if anyone thought there would be any other winner than the urchins in the second half then I want some of what they were drinking....we were superb and they couldn't live with the pace and the pressure of parks..'arry and shane running at them...

great match and two very good teams but we deserved that win on our second half performance...

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
who is this [****!!****] on the margate foroum,apparantly he is a motivational speaker.
Shame he weren't with the Hendon players second half.Fckng p1ss taking mug

yeah I saw that....a real kuntish comment....ignore it UM... in my experience they are mostly good decent fans with no BBB and a sense of humour....

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
games of football at this level are always going to be close with each team having periods of possession and pressure....tis the way of the beautiful game....

tonight we weathered a 25 minute period of pure attacking football from hendon which was actually a joy to watch even though I was whinging and smoking ten to the dozen....(two off the woodwork from them) but we got the game back under our control and could have scored (parks hit the bar) only to give away a soft goal from a free kick in the last minute of the half...

massive job for colin...and he got it right...10 minutes in and three up front and if anyone thought there would be any other winner than the urchins in the second half then I want some of what they were drinking....we were superb and they couldn't live with the pace and the pressure of parks..'arry and shane running at them...

great match and two very good teams but we deserved that win on our second half performance...

UU the ability to beat teams who are "better than you" is crucial ....so when Dulwich Hamelet come to visit we should remember this.

Originally Posted By: Lurchin Urchin
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

UU the ability to beat teams who are "better than you" is crucial ....so when Dulwich Hamelet come to visit we should remember this.

right then LU....thanx for that...I'll tell colin.... grin

enjoy the victory and bask in the knowledge that you have a great bunch of lads wearing your shirt... yay

thought we did well to come out with a win.

hendon are a bloody good side and know how to play football, or are at least well drilled in how to play it how their manager wants them to.

i was practically wetting my pants all day because the urchins were in the cup. and much to my disappointment, hendon decided to show up as well.

hendon played very well, and can hold their heads high. indeed, all i wanted from tonight was for hornchurch to want the result and try to play for it. they did, we did.

so much respect for our opposition though, which really isnt normal for me, but am looking forwards to when we host them in the league as i shall buy a random hendon fan 4 pints.

anyway, i love a ramble...

thankyou for tonight. times like these make you live again.

Cough....Cough..I was sitting near UU so I think I smoked some of his cigs as well.........Ha Ha.....All said though a great result, having left before the end last week, I missed all the fireworks, thank god I did not do that this week, and all on our Chairmans birthday, I hope he enjoyed it (his birthday ) as much as we did.

Onwards and upwards Colin and crew............

Neutral view from a Margate fan at last night's game - good contest, impressed with Hendon first half (McCann has done an amazing job considering where they were a year ago) but you really imposed yourselves in the second 45 and deserved the win. Don't think I've seen Simon Parker play before, but I thought he did very well for you.

Blimey, you lot need to get to bed earlier!!!

Gooner all we were saying was that we had just be totally out played in the 1st half and something needed to be changed, which is was and bobs your Uncle we came out flying and looked a totally different team. Great result and a great second half performance.

love from

Billy no mates!!!