Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

sometimes you just feel it....

Uncle Urchin

and I knew last monday when I broke my own windscreen using a strimmer in the garden (flying flint) that this week could be a bad one and so it came to be......it was...

the sadness of 'arry's passing this week had taken its toll and not surprisingly today the atmosphere in and around the ground was very subdued....a good home crowd of 640 turned up to watch us but we did them little justice to be honest and two very poor teams gave little cause for any cheer.....and there was little either as our fans...perhaps understandably so for several reasons...were very quiet today...

I have to say it is a long time since I saw such a poor urchin effort and like most urchins I am very disappointed tonight....that game was there for the taking and we did little or nowt to grab it....endless long balls from both sides in a game that was crying out for some passing football....we looked livelier after the three late subs and harry and shane looked bright but when shane lashed a sitter over the bar in the 83rd minute and the ref disallowed what looked like a perfectly good equaliser into injury time.....well.....sometimes you just know that you should take note of mondays warnings....

I was somewhat distracted with the radio broadcast which went quite well and over 800 people were actually on the link in the first half at one point and its also disappointing to hear that some could not hear it as the listeners I spoke to could receive quite well...including the clubhouse....(the ones that couldn't may have been the lucky ones!!! grin)..

one to put behind us and although I was well disappointed with TB I was more disappointed with us...so well done to them for taking their one chance when it came and good luck to them in the next round...a polite and sporting bunch of lads.....

nice send off for 'arry before kick off and may he rest now in peace....life however goes on in the world of NL footie and we need to get this perfomance out of our system before tuesday and indeed next saturday...and also well done to all of the ryman teams that made it through today...

well done to everyone.....

Spot on, Unc. Apart from two excellent reaction saves by their goalkeeper and the disallowed goal, we contrived to put on as drab a performance against mediocre opposition as I can remember.

Draw a line under it and let's regroup and battle for three important points when Tonbridge fetch up on Tuesday.

I agree with the above, best to say, the send off for our Harry was just perfect, however what followed was not...

It wasn't our day, but that's what the cup is about....

Tonight I'm crying into my merlot, but tomorrow is another day, let's win this fekking league and show the world how the Urchins really can play this game.

Originally Posted By: TRS
Bad luck today. Every cloud has a silver lining though, as you'll now be able to visit fortress Kingsmeadow as scheduled wink grin

you'll get no arguments from nett over that TRS...as much as she wanted to win today what with everything else going on at the stadium right now...another home Cup tie might have been one too many.....make sure she gets the full boardroom treatment when we visit...she deserves it... laugh

It was a tougher looking draw than I thought when I first heard it, I was very impressed with Team Bath today and they looked confident on the ball and up for the game.

We began to get on top of the game after early pressure from the visitors, but conceded a goal (again from distance) and we never really recovered. It's more of a shame than usual because it was the FA Cup and prize money was at stake.

Due to work and holiday have not been to a match since Hendon home. Did not know about Harry until this morning.

Today would have expected a bit more passion!

High ball is not long ball.

Only now just listened to Colin's radio iterview.

So any critisism I would have had is irrelevant! as he and all the players are beyond critisism.

Heard you didn't play that well today.

Shame you couldn't get to the next round but keep your chins up, Chelmo lost 2-0 to Ramsgate. There's always the league.

I'm sorry but no excuse can be made for the complete and utter lack of passion, effort or enthusiasm I witnessed today. It was a terrible display of route one football that clearly wasn't working and, quite frankly, if a chance to play in the first round of the FA Cup is not incentive enough then I wonder what is.

I was disappointed and disgusted with the way we played today and quite frankly if they can't be bothered to put any effort into a job they are paid to do then I, sadly, really do wonder if I should bother paying to watch them.

I'm sorry, I'm sure I've offended numerous people here but this is how I feel even six hours after the end of the match.

Originally Posted By: Wivenhoe Urchin
A little bit optimistic YELLOW, I think our main priority is stability in this league, try to get as many points as we can and get back on track.

A few games in hand and a very open league with everybody beating each other, play offs are definitely possible.

I tend to be optimistic about everybody elses' teams but pessimistic about my own. eek

Jordan was my Man of Match too. Either him or Dale were head and shoulders above the others. I thought Halle and Janners had poor games, Never seen halle before but i know what Mark can do. I am sure he will be livid at today and come out firing next week. having said that with the ball flying over his head all day perhaps it just wasnt his type of game.

Incredible minutes silence, Well done to you all for that.

No width and Richard Halle was also covering for the left back??

Lessons in life are learned the hard way, yet we can also look to others to give us knowledge and guidance. All they have to do is watch match of the day to see where we are going wrong.

Get some width and feed the ball into the box. How many times were we offside yesterday????