Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

the morning after the day before...

Uncle Urchin

still gutted about our performance yesterday but tempus fugit....(except when we put it back!)

a big league game on tuesday and if we were to win our 3 games in hand we would be second in the league 2 points off the leaders....

ignoring yesterdays non performance we have had a good FA Cup run and we have a good chance to progress in the trophy next week....

I have therefore decided against richard 193's advice and will open a bottle of wine and watch the footie on tv instead of topping myself... grin

things always seem a little less severe in the cold light of the day after....see you all on tuesday... yay

Losing cup matches is always deflating as there is a finality to it and a feeling of what might have been!

Unlike a league game where things can be rectified in the next match.

Also the manner of the losing has an effect, last seasons defeat at Welling was less painful.

Still we have the possibility of a Trophy run to look forward to !

You're right!! biglove

But all I can think is that the referee knew that if he let that goal stand he would have to travel to team bath Tuesday. arrow

And on a lighter note I get to see the super sexy Scot Gooding on Tuesday yay dance cuddle

I am going stick a hundred quid on us to win the Trophy tomorrow (don't tell Unc) biggrin1

we have had some hard games of late and we have had players coming back from injury the last couple of weeks.

I think people need to realise we won't win every match.

Team bath train every day and are more like a profesional team than some conference side.They are 2nd in their league and have lost once all season.

We have only just got back into the ryman prem and are still finding our feet.We have already played two replayed games in both competitions and have never looked out of our depth,yes i understand peoples frustration yesterday but i am sure the players are just as gutted as we are.

They don't play like that every week,if they did then i could understand some of the negativity on here

far from negativity on this thread UM.... I think that its more of a cleansing thread... grin

even the most partisan amongst us could hardly say that we covered ourselves in glory yesterday against what was frankly a very poor team bath side but we move onwards as we always do....

big game tuesday and see you all there... yay

Fair points, I'm just selfish and want to win every game. Team Bath are a fallacy anyway, part of a very dubious franchise of which funds allegedly come from the public purse. They have no support and are just there to generate publicity for the university, but non league is full of bizarre entities so I guess we just have to live with it.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

truth to be told UM is that we have been spoiled over the years and expectations with us always run high...the disappointment of a loss therefore hits harder and its the same with me...emotionally I wanna win everything...realistically I know we cannot...

good thing about footie tho' is that the next game rushes up on us and we have to get on with that....last weeks gone and this week and two more games is upon us...

see you all tomorrow... yay