Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

wombles look forward to our visit

from afc wimbledons website-

Thursday 08 November 2007

first team news

Terry looks forward to Hornchurch

Before going off to training tonight, Terry Brown reflected on the forthcoming game against AFC Hornchurch.

"This week seems to have been a fairly long one, since we played Chelmsford. As you would expect, the atmosphere around the team has been very buoyant and the players are really looking forward to Saturday's game against Hornchurch.

"I have personally watched Hornchurch twice over the last two weeks. I have to say I saw two different performances. First I saw a good workmanlike performance against Ashford Town where they gained a well-earned three points against a good footballing Ashford side. In the second game, Hornchurch played a lot more football against Northwood and must have been very disappointed not to come away with a win.

"The two games saw three quality goals from Kris Lee and he is obviously a danger we must be aware of. Colin's sides are always well-organised and committed and I am sure he will be looking to bounce back with a good result on Saturday at Kingsmeadow.

"On the injury front, both Richard Jolly and Marcus have joined in training this week. I am hopeful that Marcus will play a part in the reserves game at Fleet on Saturday and Richard should take part in the next available reserve game after that.

"Mark Beard is currently undergoing treatment to cure an Achilles problem and is unavailable for at least a couple of weeks. Stephen Goddard has resumed full training after his injury and we are targeting the Whyteleafe game for his comeback, this one being the first available after his 35 day suspension ends."

"I have personally watched Hornchurch twice over the last two weeks. I have to say I saw two different performances. First I saw a good workmanlike performance against Ashford Town where they gained a well-earned three points against a good footballing Ashford side. In the second game, Hornchurch played a lot more football against Northwood and must have been very disappointed not to come away with a win."

Must have been someone else he saw against Ashford Town in the last two weeks!

Probably meant Dartford away. Dartford is near Ashford in Kent so maybe he's getting a bit confused!!!

Good to hear Mr Brown is giving it a good build up, should guarantee a decent turn out at the ground. It will truly be the best atmosphere all season, so lets sing it loud and red and white army. We owe it to the lads and will be well received if we create loads of noise by our lot and their chaps.