Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club acquired by website

David Holden

Originally Posted By: Jimmy
Apparently the takeover is "subject to approval at a meeting of shareholders to be convened".

I suppose the directors hold a majority shareholding so the approval is likely to occur?

For takeover, substitute 'name change', and you will have the answer Jimmy

Hi it's Richard Anson here (some of you may remember me)!

This is total lunacy ! I cannot see how any Manager with any sort of integrity will allow his position to be undermind in such a ridiculous way

But that's only a minor part of the issue. The Board, in my opinion, have acted appallingly in all of this.

Yet again, there is NO conultation with the real fans. If this was a major consideration, why not put it out to the real supporters?

There is 'bound to be more to follow and I am only just gathering my thoughts. I just about stomached the Ebbsfleet stuff - but this will make us a laughing stock.

PLEASE tell me I am having some sort of nightmare !

The BBC is carrying quotes from Liam Daish and others

"We are united in believing this is a great opportunity," Ebbsfleet chairman Jason Botley told BBC Sport.

Daish insisted that he was happy for fans to have an input on team matters.

"Picking 11 players and formations isn't a precise science and luck often plays its part," stated the Ebbsfleet boss.

Jessica McQueen, Ebbsfleet United Supporters' Trust chair commented: "Being a Trust, our members understand the MyFootballClub concept immediately.

"We very much look forward to working with the MyFootballClub members for the benefit of Ebbsfleet United."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gravesend_and_northfleet/7089473.stm

when every one of those puts money in and wants more of a return than they are getting then there will be problems.

Everyone wants to own a football club but until you have owned one or seen whats involved you do not really appreciate whats involved.

I doubt that the real fans who help out at non league clubs on match days would be too happy helping out their club when they know there are 20'000 people sitting at home hoping to make money down to the fans hard work.

Who makes important decisions,what is left for the real fans???

There are many other issues but these are 3 of the most important issues as they involve the fans

Well, for my money, I am quite excited about this.

I have just gone on and joined and looking through the forum on there everyone is pretty supportive.

We have spent months debating how to get money in and fans through the door, well none of us thought of this. With any luck some of the 20,000+ members will get to see us (quite a few on the forum said they hope to).

It is easy to knee jerk into an 'anti' position, but this could be a real push for the club.

It would be crazy of Ebbsfleet or Daish to give up decisions on team selection, tactics and purchsing policy....

If they did, the info would be "out there" and known by all and sundry.

I do not know the small print of myfootballclub members, but I would be surprised if they had any guarentee of return of their investment !

Just to add my view as someone who is a member of the MFC website.

I completely understand the hesitancy that you feel with this news and certainly I would be a bit worried if my club (Southend - I'll see if I can get the shockingly underplayed MacDonald back ;)) was in the same position.

I was intrigued by the idea when I heard it and went to the site to try and get a better insight in to what type of person is signed up for it; I didn't want to pay money to join a scheme unless I was happy that at least 51% of people seemed to be able to make reasonable decisisons.

When I was browsing the forums, I was pleasantly surprised.

I don't think that typical member of the site is the same as a typical member of any other club's messageboard for three reasons:

1) Cash: You can't join without paying and if you are paying then you will have an interest in where your money is going that should align your interests with the site interests and therefore that of the club

2) Motivation: The people on the site aren't supporting their local club but had the motivation to come and join this project because they are interested int he concept. This seems to me more likely to bring in a rational or less reactive sort of person. Whilst the passion can not be forced to start with, a few games under the belt should help things.

3) Demographic: A combination of the other two really. The members of the website have overcome both a financial barrier and a motivational barrier to join the site. The implication is that most people who have joined this are both reasonably wealthy and reasonably smart. I imagine the potential contacts from such a large group would be quite considerable.

Through all of these, I think there is potential for this to make a great future for Ebbsfleet.

I think one thing seriously worth considering is to get as many current Ebbsfleet fans on board as possible. I have no doubt that the thousand or so Ebbsfeelt fans turning up every week have a vastly better knowledge of how the club is operating and it will enable you to still feel as big a part of your football club.

Anyway, that's long enough. Look forward to my first game at Stonebridge Road.

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
20'000 muppets who want to all have a say in how a club is run,most of them know feck all about football,or at least how to run a football club.Can only end one way....

I'm one of these 20,000 muppets and signed up to this ages ago. Turns out Ebbsfleet is nearby so i'm sure to be paying a visit to the ground now. I know this whole scenario sounds bizarre but on the positive side the club should receive a cash injection and maybe greater attendences with so many new 'owners'.

As for members making money out of the club that won't happen. They pay a yearly fee of £35 and see nothing in return but the ability to vote on club matters.

I sympathise with people worried about their club becoming a guinea pig but i think the doom and gloomers are being allowed to speak about the possible negative impacts instead of the obvious positives.

Anyway thought i'd come on and pay a visit. Want to take in as much about the club as i can so that in the event this goes through i can play my very minor role in ensuring this works out well.

Although still ( I assume) a 'vice president' and shareholder, I must admit I lost my heart for the Fleet when the club changed its name to a railway station.

What is happening now makes the whole exercise in supporting your local team completely meaningless.

I suppose the shareholders will be invited to comment in due course (?)