Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club acquired by website

David Holden

What kinda stake are MyFootballClub intending to buy? Will they really get the kind of powers they promise via their web-site? -"MyFootballClub members will own the club, vote on team selection, decide which players to buy and sell..."

I thought about chucking my £35 in about a year ago when this scheme was first launched, but Leeds were touted as a club who might benefit!

Originally Posted By: David Holden
I can't believe that the Trust is in favour of this.

Nor me, seems a whole load more changes at Stonebridge Road, all in the name of money! And yes, I do understand that money does indeed make the club (if not the world go around), but at what REAL expense?

An interesting development to say the least.

It doesn't look like anyone had much of a choice once the board decided to sell their share holding.

It will be interesting to see what the new "owners" have to say and how they see things progressing in the near future.

"Working for the benefit" is something we could all agree with = well except the continual broken record moaners that is.

I think, with many things, the fine details are important.

How much say are they going to have, can Daish say no to getting rid of or signing a certain player - that sort of thing.

It could be a very interesting time but clarification of the exact roles and infrastructure is needed.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy

How much say are they going to have, can Daish say no to getting rid of or signing a certain player - that sort of thing.

It could be a very interesting time but clarification of the exact roles and infrastructure is needed.

If they propose 51% ownership - that surely means what they say goes? I know that with 20,000 members that should stop 'most' bad decisions, but - but - but ... There are just so many buts in this!

Originally Posted By: Jimmy

From their Website:

Quote:
“How will the team be picked?”
The Head Coach will brief members. This will include a review of the previous match, reports from the training ground and views on the forthcoming opposition. He will also give his thoughts on players, their form and fitness, as well as possible selections and tactics.

Members will then submit their preferred 11, formation and tactics. A database will calculate the most popular choice. This will be handed to The Head Coach to instigate.

Quote:
“How will players be bought and sold?”
MyFootballClub members will be able to suggest transfer targets. As will the Head Coach and club scouts. Deals to buy these players will be done in principle, and then members will vote whether to accept or veto the transfer. The same process will take place for outgoing transfers.