Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club acquired by website

David Holden

do people really think that over 10,000 people are goin to go against the managers advise, potentially yes but realisticly no, way i see it is this.... "IF" people do not sign up in 2 or three years time and 'IF' the club was sold (for non-profit) then the new owners would have a club with better facilities than you've got now, bigger fanbase as some "owners" will continue to support you, a lot less depth as most will be paid off in next few years and hopefully eu will be a football league club, good far outweighs the bad

Fact: MyFC members own or are about to own 51 percent of Ebbsfleet.

Fact: This will bring in a huge amount of revenue and resources annually that were not previously available.

Fact: 20,000 people who (contrary to opinion on this forum) are not muppets but people from a huge array of backgrounds who are all interested in football, All of which are paying an annual £35 which they cannot sell or earn any return on. These 20,000 are no worse qualified than many of the fat cat directors that are in very cosy big buck earning seats on many clubs up and down this green and pleasant land.

Fact: People don't like change

Fact: Moaning about this is not going to change it. Money talks and 20,000 have spoken.

Fact: This would not have happened if the club did not put itself in the situation that allowed it.

Fact: Football is a business

Fact: All profits will be put back into the club

Fact: Read the FAQ on the MyfootballClub website before assuming rubbish.

Fact: Just watch the profile of your small club rocket from today onwards.

Fact: Some people like that fact that the club is a small club and don't really want it to progress.

Fact: The Wisdom of Crowds

Fact: A lot of you won't like reading facts

A. I'd rather do the short journey to Oxford than to Stockport.

B. I know Oxford don't have an 'end' I've been there, Tuesday night, bloody freezing. Figure of Speech, 'away end'

C. You must feel like crap, I understand, I just want to show some support for the team and I'll be there whether you agree with it or not.

Someone somewhere is sitting there laughing at the 20'000 people who have put in and Ebbsfleet for going with it.

Someone is making money out of all you lot and no one seems to know who or how much they stand to make.Sorry for all your genuine fans but ultimatly this will only end up one way...

Can't quite believe all this. 20,000 people are playing fantasy football with a club that REAL fans love. I can only see it ending in disaster

Couple of questions:

1. Has the club actually been sold

2. What happens to the board of directors. Surely someone has to be in charge

3. When does it all start? Who picks the team for Saturday?

What must Liam REALLY think of all this. Would not be suprised if he walks in the next few weeks as he feels he is being undermined

All in all I think it's a VERY dangerous road to go down

'low_key, i'm particularly interested in your views given your previous expierence with Conference football, and your knowledge of MyFC. Would you have been happy if MyFC had bought Hereford?Or would you be scared etc?I'm not saying this in a harsh way or trying to prove a point, i'm just genuinely interested in your viewpoint'

I would not have been particularly happy at this moment in time as we are riding high, but when things were bad in our conference days, I would have come round to the idea. We don't like change as previously mentioned, new fans appearing (like me) new decisions etc. But I really hope that this will benefit 'The Fleet.'

I'm not here to profit (I won't anyway), I'm not here to force decisions. I think (sticking on my business cap) that this is the best way forward for Gravesend both football and business wise.

And if the Long Term supporters of Gravesend don't like it then you can purchase my share for £35, or buy your own.

A lot of you aren't particularly happy with the board, and neither would I be. I'm not here to gloat, I'm here to show some support for the die'hards from us new supporters.

Originally Posted By: ItsBusiness

Fact: MyFC members own or are about to own 51 percent of Ebbsfleet.

Fact: This will bring in a huge amount of revenue and resources annually that were not previously available.

Fact: 20,000 people who (contrary to opinion on this forum) are not muppets but people from a huge array of backgrounds who are all interested in football, All of which are paying an annual £35 which they cannot sell or earn any return on. These 20,000 are no worse qualified than many of the fat cat directors that are in very cosy big buck earning seats on many clubs up and down this green and pleasant land.

Fact: People don't like change

Fact: Moaning about this is not going to change it. Money talks and 20,000 have spoken.

Fact: This would not have happened if the club did not put itself in the situation that allowed it.

Fact: Football is a business

Fact: All profits will be put back into the club

Fact: Read the FAQ on the MyfootballClub website before assuming rubbish.

Fact: Just watch the profile of your small club rocket from today onwards.

Fact: Some people like that fact that the club is a small club and don't really want it to progress.

Fact: The Wisdom of Crowds

Fact: A lot of you won't like reading facts

I don't like reading anything from a cocky **** like you pal ! Don't treat me like a piece of sh*t.....just watch out for the parking facilities that are on offer !!

Regards,

Who is behind(the mastermind)Mfc?

If there is transparency in Mfc, the owner shouldn't be scared to make themselves known!

Mfc subscribers are supposedly already Football fans, and already follow a club. So are all these new fans going to change horses mid-stream, and become Ebbsfleet fans?

When Ebbsfleet don't win every week, are you going to join the 2 to 300 "we only come when we're winning"fans the Fleet already have, and stay away?

Are you all going to suddenly turn up at Stonebridge Road every home game and swell the gates to 20,000 to 50,000(depending on the numbers we should believe are suckers members), bearing in mind the ground has a limited capacity? If not, how are you going to swellattendance numbers?

When you all get bored and go back to your computer Managers games(because you don't get your own way at the club), what then?

Originally Posted By: Chatham Gary
This whole thing sounds like a scam of monumental proportions.
20,000 have joint ownership for only as long as they pay their £35 each year. The owner of that site then presumably gets his stake back if the £35 is not renewed.
Which ultimately makes him the owner of 51% of the club.

Not exactly. There are three separate entities involved. The website operator, the charitable trust, and the club. The operator will not own the club. The charitable trust will.

Wake up chaps,we are all non league fans together.We make not like other teams and may take the p1ss out of each other every now or then but how can this possibly be good for any non league team.Is this what non league football is all about.

You now have 21'000 approx fans.The only problem is the 1'000 regular fans are now less important than 20'000 new comers.

I noticed some bloke from North carolina having a pop at me for my views.

THAT JUST SAYS IT ALL!