Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club acquired by website

David Holden

Originally Posted By: ItsBusiness
Fact: You aren't saying anything remotely productive

Fact: I'm not being cocky or treating anyone in any specific way. I'm just saying what I've taken the time to find out.

Regards

Well if this is the quality of one of our new owners, god help us.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Who is behind(the mastermind)Mfc?

Please take a few minutes and read through all the information on the MyFC website. All of the questions and suspicions you're raising are addressed there, including all of the principal players in both the design of the enterprise and the team involved in the purchase negotiations. Not a lightweight bunch of CM players by any stretch of the imagination.

Fact: MyFC members own or are about to own 51 percent of Ebbsfleet.

Fact: This will bring in a huge amount of revenue and resources annually that were not previously available.

Fact: 20,000 people who (contrary to opinion on this forum) are not muppets but people from a huge array of backgrounds who are all interested in football, All of which are paying an annual £35 which they cannot sell or earn any return on. These 20,000 are no worse qualified than many of the fat cat directors that are in very cosy big buck earning seats on many clubs up and down this green and pleasant land.

Fact: People don't like change

Fact: Moaning about this is not going to change it. Money talks and 20,000 have spoken.

Fact: This would not have happened if the club did not put itself in the situation that allowed it.

Fact: Football is a business

Fact: All profits will be put back into the club

Fact: Read the FAQ on the MyfootballClub website before assuming rubbish.

Fact: Just watch the profile of your small club rocket from today onwards.

Fact: Some people like that fact that the club is a small club and don't really want it to progress.

Fact: The Wisdom of Crowds

Fact: A lot of you won't like reading facts

Such an attitude will do little to endear MyFC to existing fans, you'll be there at the next home game I presume.

Originally Posted By: Santa

Fact: This will bring in a huge amount of revenue and resources annually that were not previously available.

Fact: 20,000 people who (contrary to opinion on this forum) are not muppets but people from a huge array of backgrounds who are all interested in football, All of which are paying an annual £35 which they cannot sell or earn any return on. These 20,000 are no worse qualified than many of the fat cat directors that are in very cosy big buck earning seats on many clubs up and down this green and pleasant land.

Fact: Moaning about this is not going to change it. Money talks and 20,000 have spoken.

Fact: This would not have happened if the club did not put itself in the situation that allowed it.

Fact: Some people like that fact that the club is a small club and don't really want it to progress.

Such an attitude will do little to endear MyFC to existing fans, you'll be there at the next home game I presume.

Yes and please identify yourself.

Originally Posted By: rsheard
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Who is behind(the mastermind)Mfc?

Please take a few minutes and read through all the information on the MyFC website. All of the questions and suspicions you're raising are addressed there, including all of the principal players in both the design of the enterprise and the team involved in the purchase negotiations. Not a lightweight bunch of CM players by any stretch of the imagination.

You still haven't answered my question, and there is nothing on the website(that I have found), that does either!!!!!!!!!!!

hirsty, would you still be as upset if someone like the romanovs (think thats the name) that runs hearts came along and basically bullied his way around the club, firing people left right and centre, including his team captain, and all the while doing this coz he wants to make money or would you prefer a large group of people from all sorts of backgrounds that genuinely want to make this work, that WILL listen to the die hards suggestions and implement them if they benefit the club, that do not stand to make a single penny from this venture and who WILL really listen and study every week what liam or the rest of the lads in the team say? would you prefer if eu just stood still and eventually slipped down the divisions, trust me mate, im not here for fun, i want to see this club go places, i wont be able to make games as i live in holland and thats why the website content will be so important to me, so that i get liams views which at the end of the day will be trusted

Fact: I don't really care what the locals think. They can join if they like, it's a free country.

Fact: I could just treat it like a game of Football Manager but It's £35 quid so I won't. I want to see the team progress to the football league so I'll use my vote wisely.

Fact: If you don't like my opinions then debate them don't just throw insults with no substance.

Fact: I don't really care what the locals think. They can join if they like, it's a free country.

Fact: I could just treat it like a game of Football Manager but It's £35 quid so I won't. I want to see the team progress to the football league so I'll use my vote wisely.

Fact: If you don't like my opinions then debate them don't just throw insults with no substance.

Dude, shut the [****!!****] up, your making us all look like twats.

Fact: You aren't saying anything remotely productive

Fact: I'm not being cocky or treating anyone in any specific way. I'm just saying what I've taken the time to find out.

Regards

What the f*ck do you expect me to say ? productive or otherwise ?
The club that I support, have shares in, a season ticket for, the town ( Gravesend...but it's still my home town team !) where I was born, lived all my life...and will probably die ( sooner rather than later on today's eveidence !) has been sold to a consortium of 20k people, who, until recently, proably never knew where Gravesend, Northfleet or Ebbsfleet were ?

What do you expect me to say ? Run round the town preclaiming Oh Happy Day ?

Graves will be turned in today ( no pun intended !). Might as well have surrended to the Germans, then we could have been Borrusia Northfleet ( or whatever !)

Apologies my friend, but you ain't getting no cheers from me !!

Regards,

Originally Posted By: Alan ( GNFC )
It was obviously a two part plan.
1 - alienate the regulars by naming the club after a railway station.
2 - off load it altogether.

Chas Webster, Stu M,Reevesy, Dave Holden, Steve,Gary, other stalwarts, what is going on ?

This beats me, Alan.
I thought the club were facing difficult times, got pilloried for saying so.
Perhaps this is a knee jerk reaction to those problems, but I think not.
I assume the application was submitted some time ago for consideration - it's a pity the club didn't see fit to consult the shareholders that it was selling up.

Originally Posted By: Stu B
To be fair on their FAQ (http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/faq.php) it does state the guy who set up the site is Will Brooks and gives a bit of background to him.

Stu B, I'm glad to see your willingness to find out more details rather than dismiss the concept out of hand. I in no way wish to come here and antagonize any supporters, but only to answer questions about what MyFC really is as opposed to the way it is being portrayed. I wasn't "taking a pop" at anyone with my response about promotion. That really IS MyFC's goal, to help this club rise through the league tables.

It's inevitable that some current supporters will resent our throwing our support behind your club because it will undoubtedly change the character of the club somewhat. But no one in MyFC wants to hurt the club, no one wants to rewrite its past in our own image. We just are acting on the chance that most football fans dream about -- the opportunity to be part of a club as more than just a voiceless supporter. We hope all the current supporters ultimately join us, too, in trying to guide EUFC into a promising future. No sarcasm, no hidden agenda, just honest enthusiasm about something that admittedly has never been tried before, but that we all believe will work well.

Fact - take the locals lightly at your peril !

Originally Posted By: Goonboy

Dude, shut the [****!!****] up, your making us all look like twats.

Mutiny in the boardroom already. applause

Get used to that on here. When healthy debate fails, insults start.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
it is non league football.It should be about what the fans think and what the fans do for the club.

How about dodgy doubleglazing salesmen do they get a vote?

Only in the tansfer WINDOW.

MORE FACTS:
FACT: Football is not business. Football is football and ceases to be football when it is business

FACT: 20,000 people could whistle in the wind if it was all true Fleet supporters that were given the choice

FACT: Wisdom of the crowd? Wikipedia bullsh*t! 1 x Arsene Wenger, 60,000 crowd - who is best qualified to make decisions

FACT: MyFC members have subscribed to a website, none own the Fleet, the website owners do.

FACT: If you are a MyFC subscriber, you would also hate it if it was YOUR own club that now owned by MyFC

FACT: You won't be at the next Fleet game, Stafford Rangers, fondly known as The Pub Team

I'm not even a Fleet fan, but have been many times with Exeter and as a neutral. You guys must already be sick of the jumped-up gits full of their own self-importance who think they own your ar*e for the sake of £35. If you've been going to The Fleet for 20 odd years and spent £1,000's following your team,this must really be galling. To those of you who appear genuine in this project, you really are misguided and are damaging a club, no matter how small that has been a part of the community for 100+ years

FACT: A lot of you won't like reading facts No sh*t Sherlock