Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club acquired by website

David Holden

hi guys, im a member of myfc. first of all i would like to say how happy i am that we have begun to purchase a club with such obvious potential as ebbsfleet united. I can see why you are so concerned and totally understand but from my own point of view i dont think you should worry. We are all only intersested in one thing and thats to make the chosen club as successfull as possible. We are not in it for the money because we are a supporters trust and even if we sold the club we cannot make a profit, any profit goes to a charity as far as i understand. As soon as the purchase happens myself and thousands others like me will be buying a club jersey which will boost the coffers even more. Add to that the extra seats that will be filled every saturday and you begin to realise the potential that is there. On our forum it was discussed about team selection etc. Most people agree that if the manager suggests something then you generally go along with it, bare in mind it would take more than 10,000 people approx to go against what he suggests to make any changes to a side or tactics etc. Guys stick with us and i can really see us going places, raise your concerns but dont just knock it before you read and understand everything,cherrs,

joyzer

I feel for Ebbsfleet, sorry GNFC. The board have sold your soul down the River Thames. Were not the true fans consulted on this decision. I would be disgusted if they were not.

There is an overwhelming amount of muppets on MyFootball who all thought they would be buying Leeds or Forest (show's you how much they know about football finances), and they've never heard of Ebbsfleet. In fact a mate of mine asked "Who the F*ck are Ebbsfleet", when I told him he said "I'm going to sign them the smallest goalkeeper I can find".

I'm sure there will be a sizable amount on MyFootball who will seriously now look at the club, but I'm equally sure there will be just as many who will treat it like a joke.

At Exeter City we consider ourselves a fans owned club, but we are owned by people that actually support and care for the club. I would hate to have 20,000 jokers join my club who have never had any interest in my club, and who will view it as a curiosity, a plaything, a freakshow in fact.

I would also urge everyone at the Fleet to join MyFootball, because in a couple of months a lot of people may have lost interest and you could have a real influence over events.

It looks like our win in the FA Cup hit you harder than we thought, where's Harry J Allstars when you need him?

Originally Posted By: joyzer
hi guys, im a member of myfc. first of all i would like to say how happy i am that we have begun to purchase a club with such obvious potential as ebbsfleet united. I can see why you are so concerned and totally understand but from my own point of view i dont think you should worry. We are all only intersested in one thing and thats to make the chosen club as successfull as possible. aWe are not in it for the money because we are a supporters trust and even if we sold the club we cannot make a profit, any profit goes to a charity as [color:#FF0000] far as i understand[/color]. As soon as the purchase happens myself and thousands others like me will be buying a club jersey which will boost the coffers even more. Add to that the extra seats that will be filled every saturday and you begin to realise the potential that is there. On our forum it was discussed about team selection etc. Most people agree that if the manager suggests something then you generally go along with it, bare in mind it would take more than 10,000 people approx to go against what he suggests to make any changes to a side or tactics etc. Guys stick with us and i can really see us going places, raise your concerns but dont just knock it before you read and understand everything,cherrs,

joyzer

That should really make every one feel happy............You are not even sure of how it works!

Originally Posted By: John Pearce
Our board can quite clearly see no further than the £ notes and to hell with the implications.
Botley's motley crew of directors deserve stringing up for this.

John, whilst this announcement has shocked me, I would seriously take exception to criticism levelled at this board. My only gripe with them has been their lack of long-term ideas to attract more fans (Who knows what this will do?).

Rightly so our board cannot see further than the £ notes. Obviously, the fans, the heart and soul of a club, have to be bore in mind, but this board have done brilliantly to manage the finances of the club. 7th last year, 9th this year- sustaining six years of Conference football on a budget outweighed by many below us. Some of the smallest attendances in this league, yet a position higher than 13 clubs, most with pockets much deeper than ours.

This decision can be questioned, but I for one think any criticism levelled at the board for their financial management is unwarranted and unfair.

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the members will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new internet overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted forum moderator, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their mines and fields.

grin

Better still, sign up yourself!

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the members will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new internet overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted forum moderator, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their mines and fields.

I typically don't speak for others, but I know for a fact that the vast majority of MyFC members are hoping every one of you joins us to help us learn about the club from the supporters who know it so well. We don't want an us vs. them divide at all. We want everyone to join MyFC and have a say in how the club advances in the future.

Originally Posted By: EUFC FAN
Read the FAQ. The other question to ask is how much is the website owner creaming off the top?

Of the £35, £7.50 goes to administering the website (which includes web staff salaries and legal fees for due diligence and such like).

I have not been posting on this forum for a long time, because I became sick to death of the constant moaning. This I feel is a really positve move by the club.What are the alternatives, middle of the table, and eventually back to the Nationwide South.

Just look at the future, larger crowds, more shirts being sold and therefore a lot more revenue. A larger pot for Liam to draw from for players, and who knows a new ground in the near future.

Be positive I am a share holder of Ebbsfleet United as well as Myfootballclub.com and I am looking forward to the future. biggrininvasion

Originally Posted By: EUFC FAN
Read the FAQ. The other question to ask is how much is the website owner creaming off the top?

Of each 35 membership fee, the site operator keeps 7.50. That pays for the maintenance of the website as well as the considerable legal expenses in setting up the trust, preparing for and completing the purchase itself.

Everything about the management of MyFC is transparent and registered with the FSA. The only thing that has been hidden (until today) is the identity of the 9 clubs that have approached MyFC for possible purchase. With the exception of Halifax, which made its interest public, MyFC has not, and will not, make the other 7 clubs known.

The trust that will purchase the club is a non-profit trust. The individual members are prohibited by law from ever profiting financially, no matter how valuable the club becomes some day. It's not a get-rich-scheme for the members.

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
The BBC is carrying quotes from Liam Daish and others

"We are united in believing this is a great opportunity," Ebbsfleet chairman Jason Botley told BBC Sport.

Daish insisted that he was happy for fans to have an input on team matters.

"Picking 11 players and formations isn't a precise science and luck often plays its part," stated the Ebbsfleet boss.

Jessica McQueen, Ebbsfleet United Supporters' Trust chair commented: "Being a Trust, our members understand the MyFootballClub concept immediately.

"We very much look forward to working with the MyFootballClub members for the benefit of Ebbsfleet United."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gravesend_and_northfleet/7089473.stm

Can't understand Jessicas comment's here. How can the trust understand the concept. Is the trust made up of individual members. Were these asked their views on this?? I wasn't.

Originally Posted By: Peter W.
This I feel is a really positve move by the club.What are the alternatives, middle of the table, and eventually back to the Nationwide South.

At least we'd still have a club.
Just look at the future, larger crowds, more shirts being sold and therefore a lot more revenue.

But for how long?

A larger pot for Liam to draw from for players

I was under the impression the "investors" bought the players?

and who knows a new ground in the near future.

Theres been talk of that for a few years now anyway..

Sorry if i sound too negative, i'm just worried for the future of the club i love.

I am another member of MyFC. Apologies that our now very excited members are, like me, visiting your site to add our own views.

There are a few things that haven't been raised that I think you should know to explain that the ethos of MyFC is very much that of the average football fan - and hopefully that of current Ebbsfleet Utd followers:

The MyFC forums have been live for over three months now. Many, many topics have been discussed about how we can show the current fans that we are not the evil empire you may (understandably) believe us to be. Discussions around how we can keep football cheap and allow the community greater access have been at the fore - for example helping local charities, children's wards, keeping strips for longer periods and giving the valuable fan base something back. We are greatly aware that we are unlikely to be greeted with open arms and this has been a huge topic of conversation since day 1. We really do want the Ebbsfleet Utd fans to 'buy-into' the concept and are willing to show this through actions rather than mere words.

Every member of MyFC is a football fan. We are like you except we have been part of the great MyFC adventure for over 3 months and have had the opportunity to see what other members think about the project. After 3 months chatting away (and I am probably amonhst the top 50 most active forum members) I can asure you that I truly believe that the Ebbsfleet fans, and the club, will not be sold short by our membership.

The idea is radical, it is new but from the comments of the Ebbsfleet directors and manager today surely a decision has to be made how Ebbsfleet can reach the next level? We may make some mistakes and we won't have instant success but the financial implications of this for Ebbsfleet are great and this can allow for further success on the pitch.

Lastly I want to confirm that the MyFC rules mean no member can make money by selling the club on. It is a charitable trust.

Anyway, I've written far more than I wanted to so I shall leave you all to debate what we've heard/read today. I only ask that you consider for a moment the positive aspects alongside the worries you will obviously all have.