Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PLEASE READ (all of you!)

FleetFanatic

A really good, heartfelt & balanced post, Darren - it must have taken you a long time to compose something like this & it really was needed.

What the hell's the point in alienating the MyFC people, over 90% of whom seem just the sort of supporters we want & need. I'd be gutted if we lost this now through adopting a gut reaction Little Ebbsfleeter approach. If we lost it through something serious coming to light that would be different.

Last night I'd decided I was going to post something substantial myself, but you've done it for me & coming from a forum moderator & an initial sceptic it carries a lot more weight.

I've taken a small gamble & paid my £35 already. Others may want to wait until the legal process has been concluded, but if it is, shouldn't we all be on board whatever our initial reactions & continuing reservations?

Graham S

PS I am glad you were on nights at 2.59 this morning when you posted this & not burning the early morning oil at thome.

Good post Darren.

As a long-term Fleet supporter I too have been very nervous about how this will work out, but once the shock wears off I'm sure the majority will see this as a positive step, one that we have to make work for the long-term future of the club.

What is the alternative, given our attendance figures?

Well it loks like you guys are resigning yourselves to what would seem to be a fait accompli.

As it happens I don't agree with my good friend and traditionalist Mackster, you will not be the new Franchise FC. You will be more the corporate seats that remain empty at the New Wembley for all but the high profile games.

My major beef with Nickyourclub.com is their god damn superior attitude and the sheep like devotion of their followers. Once you get past that their money and gormlessness are not as bad as a poke in the eye, nor does it seem that the entire membership is of The Gaffer ilk.

Short term, wisely used, the money should boost your chances of making the play offs, maybe even better which would be good cos we could then beat Torquay in the playoff final, long term I would hope it goes tits up just because the whole thing is just sooooooo plastic. Start working hard now to devlope your own trust so that somebody is ready to step into the breach when the sheep realise that the smell is mint sauce.

Good Luck to all real Fleet, a pestilence upon the house of the plastic thousands.

After the shock of the news, and some of the initial postings on the forum my initial reaction was hostility towards the buyout. But a few days on I've had time to have serious thoughts about it. Rationality has taken over. Let's face it, to have got the 'fleet to the position we're in now is a major achievement - a full time professional club on the fringes of the football league with a major sponsor on crowds of 1,000 or less is something that was a million miles away when I first watched the club. But I believe we've achieved just about as much as we can in the current setup.

Time will tell if this is the right move, but it is a move and we couldn't afford to stand still. I now believe we really have to give this a try, what alternative is there - and for that reason you now have my support too. See you on the terraces for the Stafford game.

Poultice - i think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but why are you so negative ? have you thought this through or are just looking to a nice end of season and not worrying about the coming years ?

Yes the gaffer was a total idiot but every club/organisation has them, he is certainly not speaking for me but again has a right to be heard. What have you got against fellow football supporters who want to make a difference and are not afraid to put their money where their mouth is, why dont you pay your £35 and vote with the rest you would be very welcome

Despite the praise for the post, it doesn't mean I am entriely happy with things.

I just can't imagine Jason or Brian going for this unless there was any other way.

Brian was aiming to achieve additional funding - if things come to fruition then he has certainly achieved that.

And yes, you can copy it to the MyFC forum.

Hello from deepest Norfolk! Just to say that I joined MYFC to try and help out a club that needed it and to put something back into the roots of football (albeit a mighty £35!). Know from my own experiences at Norwich City that the money gap is widening and that the differentiation between the global players and the rest is widening every season. Hope that any publicity for Ebbsfleet is good publicity and look forward to getting to a few away games - give them a couple of seasons and Carrow Road could well be an away trip and a home trip for me! Given the current dire situation at Carrow Road, I am hoping that The Fleet give me something to smile about on a Saturday afternoon!

Good luck and best wishes to everyone concerned, particularly the existing fans and club set up.

I do put my money where both my mouth and my heart are Glover, I support the Exeter City Trust, it is my life not my hobby. The prospect of stealing somebody else's club is anathma to me.

Go read the post again and try understanding it. I have stated the positives for The Fleet, money from divs who should be supporting their local team.

" You only Ctrl, Alt, Delete when you're winning "