Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PLEASE READ (all of you!)

FleetFanatic

Strange comment by someone earlier in the thread about the current and previous chairman being "Supporters first .... etc etc "

Me and my group of cronies have lived int he area all out lives and been coming to watch the Fleet for over 40. Before either joined the Board, none of us can ever remember seeing them in the Ground.

One is is well known locally as a rugby man and not football

Then strangely they invest a moderate amount of money in their local football club and then very quickly (in real terms) walk off with an awful lot of dosh in their back pockets ....

Call be cynical but ..........

Originally Posted By: Poultice
Well done Okidoke, I feel all your little buddies cringeing every time you log in, embarrassing or what?

You can spunk as much as you like Chinese take aways, or save them up for a hundred years, you still can't buy my club, it's not for sale.

The question here is about respect, can you people respect the history of Gravesend and Northfleet, or do you feel that stumping up a few quid and maybe creating a short term boom is what it is all about.

Poultice,
'Your' club IS for sale.
EUFC approached MFC.
Somehow, someone, sometime, sold 'your' club to the two guys who hold 80%+ of the Trust shares.
This was pre MFC.
You might even own some of the minority shares and hold notional ownership but any way you look at it you gave up control of the club when the 'fans' sold the last time.
No doubt it was a good idea then!
Cash injection..survival of the club.
What's different now?
I'll tell you what's different now:
1) Pay your 35 quid and you'll actually get a say in the running of the club..which doesn't appear to be the case of late, given the negative sentiment I've read on here regarding the name change alone.
2) 25000 people will care about Ebbsfleet United, its future and each other...which doesn't seem to be the current setup at EUFC, given the lack of consultation with shareholders/fans on the current MFC/EUFC situation;
3) The MFC takeover gives the club a great amount of media exposure which should attract sponsorship and increased attendances at EUFC games.
I've looked at current attendances and you sound like someone who goes to the games....it'll be comforting for you to see a growing crowd and not be able to hear your own comments echo back from the empty opposite side of the ground.
By the way MFC 'owners' will pay to get through the gate and hopefully will buy season tickets...most 'owners' of other clubs would get in through a Private Entrance and sit in their Private Box.

Rather than bemoan MFC's takeover I would see it more like winning the lottery.
There were 7 other clubs that came knocking.
Then again..I'm thinking about the best future for EUFC and not myself.
I could go the Poultice route and watch as the crowds diminish, the club slowly strangles and point to Ebbsfleet Towers and tell the kids that there used to be a football ground there.

Will try to get over for a game around 2011-12.
I'll have beer with you. beer

Read the comments from the true fans, try and understand what it feels like to watch your team rise from the county leagues to the zenith of its historical achievement, only to find numpties like you coming in and playing Charlie Big Bananas with their team.

You wont be able to because your comments to date show you to be of the " Loadsa Money " generation with no respect for anything, unfortunate but hey, you are the new owner, so you have a right to shoot your keyboard off.

Hi Guys,

Ive just registered 5 minutes back as I am a new Ebbsfleet fan, in principle.

I am from the land downunder and have been keeping a close eye on MyFC for a while now, waiting to see which club will be purchased, before I join.

I dont know that much about Ebbsfleet other than your previous encounters with Weymouth, a team Ive followed for a few years now, and will have to abandon my support for in the near future. I am very impressed with what I ve seen in your website and I was also pleased to see Chucki in the lineup.

I cant wait for the beginning of MyFc and if the deal goes ahead, I will be an Ebbsfleet fan through and through (on equal par with my local team, the Central Coast Mariners). I plan to purchase supporters gear and wear it with pride spreading the message in Aus, and I will be attending games whenever Im in the UK (lived in Surrey for 2 years, hoping to be back soon).

I understand the scepticism of some fans, and I would be too I it happened to my local, but I think it will be a successful move for the future development of the club. With the growth of the area and interest in the club, ground attendances are surely to rise. It was mentioned earlier that past clubs have lost their capital due to owners packing up, but I dont think this will be the case with the MyFC venture. If it does occur, the drying up of funds would be a gradual process as people lose interest. But if promoted to the League I doubt interest would be lost.

Look forward to debating tactics with you soon!

Originally Posted By: Leroix
If someone did you would dispute it anyway. Will you be upset if the team does well? When your parents gave you a bicycle did you complain about the color? How much sand is in your vagina?

I've avoided posting my thoughts about this whole business until now, but the above quote just about sums all my worries up about whats happening.

I've been following The Fleet since the late 80's when I moved here.

Its my local club.

My home team.

Ask me who I support and I will say, "Arsenal, but I follow Ebbsfleet United," and any real fan of Non-League Football (Please note its NOT soccer) will know exactly what I mean.

I have invested time and money in watching the team rise from the days of the Beazer Homes Leagues to a safe, yet financially perilous position in the Conference. And by and large, I've loved every minute of it, because its been achieved by local people who appear to care about how the club interacts with the community.

I've got serious concerns about how this is going to end up but what REALLY REALLY hacks me off is having to read comments from Dweebs like this guy who thinks he has saved us by sticking his £35 quid in to an idea that quite frankly appauls the vast majority of the clubs local support. I don't want to see investment from idiots who don't care about the feelings of the teams supporters.

Frankly I dont care whether or not we make it into the Premiership in 5 or 6 years time. I just want to watch my local team play football at the standard they deserve to be. Only a true supporter of grass routes football will know what I mean. We don't stand on a piece of concrete freezing our knackers off, drinking and eating [****!!****] to watch this level of football for fun. Its in the blood..... God knows why, but it is.

And its not a money thing. Those of you who have invested with the right ideals - Thanks a lot. I appreciate what "your" trying to do. Its about the real fans being sold down the river without any of us being consulted. Its a great example of how NOT to interact in the Community - thanks Jason!

I'm already penning my thoughts for the next fanzine article. Although we will now probably be replaced by a bloody "Blog" or something! For those of you who haven't bought our previous issues yet, I'm the one that writes the whimsical bollox about nothing in particular. Please think about purchasing the next one, which could be a quite interesting read! And for the benefit of this American "Owner," A fanzine is a satirical magazine written independantly by Supporters, basically taking the piss out of the club that we love. Hopefully someone in your Town can read it to you!

Good luck to those of you who show us "originals" a bit of respect - As for this guy? Please go away and carry on your previous life of sucking the water out of stones, or whatever it is people on Care in the Community schemes in your World do.

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Originally Posted By: Mackster

One of the club's motto's at Ebbsfleet that everyone has to adhere to is "Sh*t on the Villa"

No problem - Hope Martin O'Neill take over the Rep of Ireland managers job before ye English get him. Don't want to be lumbered with the Villa reject O'Leary.

I so agree with you on that. Slan wink

I sympathise with you when morons like Leroix post.

Odds are that in 20000+ you are going to get the odd f***wit.

Would like to put money on the fact that Leroix will be a one year wonder and his ADD will see him off somewhere else abusing himself while abusing others.

Blindness, hair on the palms and a lonely life in a mental institution await the tragic Leroix.

Idiots are not unique to MFC with many instances of Football clubs in Australia..Sydney FC last Saturday in Melbourne and Canterbury Rugby League team over the last two seasons...having to ban fans/members for their thoughtless/reckless behaviour.

Back to more serious things.

I like the idea of a MFC owned EUFC but I haven't been impressed with the lack of consultation.

Does Due Diligence involve a vote by shareholders of EUFC?

Given the circumstances I am pleasantly surprised by the civility of the EUFC fans and members on this Forum.

Waggamick

Thanks for the reply.

What some people dont seem to realise is the essentially perverse English eccentricity of following a Non-League club.

It has fans who aren't in it for glory or fame, or even recognition. To be honest some of the regulars are a little ...... well odd!

And thats the same for every single club. They all have their eccentrics and supporters who use their club as a lifeline to society. And these I'm the ones I'm feeling sorry for and bloody angry about. The Chairman and directors shafted the supporters with the name change, but I could understand that. This time the decision has such far-reaching consequences, that I can't believe the shoddy way we have been treated. My first reaction was to say, "Sod this for a lark! I don't want a part of it." And I'm still not sure if I will be going anymore..... I'm THAT cheesed off with thee whole thing.

But

Its a sad fact, and one that the board are well aware of, that most of the supporters of a club WILL stick by that club, whatever happens. I dont want to be a part of this, but the pull of the club dictates that I will probably still be a part of it.... its just not MY club anymore. A selfish posture, but true.

It sounds odd when I say that I was probably happier in the Ryman League days when we could bring beer onto the terraces and talk (yes talk) to the away supporters. But in a way, I was happier then

Dont get me wrong I'm not a grummpy old git, but I have savoured our slow rise back up the football ladder and I wouldn't like to see us drop back down to the lower leagues, but if the morons continue to hold sway on things like this forum, well maybe its time for the average guy to think about moving on.

I think the least the fans who were already here can expect.... is a little respect.

As an aside, I'm wondering what sort orf reception mr Bottley et al are going to get at thenext home game?

Andy Y

Completely understand your situation.

Played, coached and administered local Rugby club that has had limited success and a long spell of being just outside the Semi-Finals (but wait till next year!!!!!).

The thing is that they are an amateur side and players fees, sponsorship, raffles and bar profits keep the club afloat.

Probably not unlike the Rhyman League?

EUFC are pay for play and a whole new dynamic takes over.

People 'invest' in the club and want returns.

A different type of pressure arises.

Pressure on Directors/Managers/Players creates success stress.

Decisions are made by the head and not the heart.

I much prefer a local rugby game to a Super 14's game as I know the players and am 'involved'.

But when it comes to my Aussie Rules Team (Western Bulldogs)...a professional football side...I expect them to make rational and sometimes tough decisions to give us the best possible chance of winning the Flag.

You sound like a genuine fan of EUFC.

From all of the Forums (Here, MFC, etc)the great majority of MFC members come over as , dare I say it, quite humble.

You can even detect an air of embarrasment at taking over someone elses club.

I think you'll find that 99.999% are sports lovers and they have the welfare of EUFC and especially its long term fan base as a high priority.

I look forward to meeting you at a game.

As far as Mr. Bottley et al's reception at Oxford is concerned...it might pay them to wear Kevlar EUFC shirts!!

Originally Posted By: waggamick
Andy Y

I look forward to meeting you at a game.

As far as Mr. Bottley et al's reception at Oxford is concerned...it might pay them to wear Kevlar EUFC shirts!!

I wear body armour at work and they sure as Hell won't be borrowing mine!

My thoughts about the Boards part in this are pretty unprintable!

As I have said, I think the idea is flawed but I'm not having a go at those who are taking part with the exception of those who now think they can ride roughshod all over the genuine fans.

And yes it would be great to see more people putting money through the turnstiles.... mind you some of those living in other parts of the World are in for a bit of a culture shock!

Its good to see someone with a bit of passion and inteligence taking part and you would be most welcome to buy me a beer in the bar anytime. After all you are now "management!"

Waggamick, you should read what I was responding to before judging my post. I was responding to someone who instantly resorted to name calling in response to someone elses civil post. If you feel it is wrong to oppose idiocy, then I logic will not work on you anyway. I will never forget that you refered to me as a moron. Your projections of my future are very bleak yet not correct. I have saved them for future reference. If you appologize properly, I might let you suck it.

Originally Posted By: FleetFanatic
The one final thing I will say is that some of the idiots that have joined recently have been banned for the drivel they have posted so far, but let's face it - the majority of new faces on this forum have been more than reasonable in their posts.

Totally agree. I'm a MyFC member, and do despair of some of the comments on the MyFC forum. These people do seem to be a small minority of MyFC members, so those of us with sensible views should be able to drown them out. Maybe they will get sick of trying to get us to recruit Jose Mourinho and Ronaldinho and give up on the whole thing.

I personally have a lot of 'issues' with the MyFC venture into owning EUFC (if it happens). I'm not sure that signing players will work in the way that a lot of MyFC members think it will. I can't see past us employing some good scouts and having players recommended by the scouting team and coaching staff.

Not being able to watch every game is also going to be a problem when picking the team and tactics. I don't want to be a sheep following the views/opinions of the few who get to the games, so I may abstain (unless a proper hardcore Fleet fan can give me some good analysis of the games). Even watching TV footage isn' ideal because you don't get to see players' movement off the ball.

I'm hoping that I can be a voice of reason on the MyFC forum. I'd like to reduce the level of euphoria a bit, and make the goals of the members regarding participation in decision making a bit more realistic. More strategic than operational - I'd prefer to vote on a strategy than make individual decisions.

We'll see how it goes.

Chris.

Quote:
I've got serious concerns about how this is going to end up but what REALLY REALLY hacks me off is having to read comments from Dweebs like this guy who thinks he has saved us by sticking his £35 quid in to an idea that quite frankly appauls the vast majority of the clubs local support. I don't want to see investment from idiots who don't care about the feelings of the teams supporters.
by Andy Y.

I understand andys worries about newbies taking away from the local support,the grassroots of the club is of major importance to me.

Myself i am first and foremost a heart of midlothian supporter in scotland ,that wont change i have invested to much emotion and time to change that,we were a few years ago bought up by the some call mad lithuanian millionaire mr romanov ,and i admit i had feelings that hearts would loose its soul,more so when poor quality imports from lithuania came in (some now are proving there worth),and to be honest some of the plans hearts since the take over have put into place in the local community are on a new level i never thought would happen ,such as getting involved in schools breakfast clubs and community learning schemes.Plus a great plan of free strips/tickets for all primary 3 (7/8 year olds)in edinburgh and surrounding areas so tackling the scottish problem of the lure of the old firm(maybe as the pull of man u and chelsea have down south).

All stuff that could /should have been done before but sometimes things need an outside opinion.

the club hearts still has problems with our erratic owner but its

the core fans that make the club what it is even on the romanov rollercoaster i still think this.

maybe i have myself an english club to spend a bit of time on backing my view of myfc was that in a small way i might help a proper grassroots club and as i new it would be an english club picked it would give me somewhere in which i could enjoy a few weekends away watching the greatest game in the world and it looks like the fleet might be the club .If myfc choses to ignore the views of the long term real fans it will fail,but i think there is enough good people involved for this not to happen.

Originally Posted By: Leroix
Waggamick, you should read what I was responding to before judging my post. I was responding to someone who instantly resorted to name calling in response to someone elses civil post. If you feel it is wrong to oppose idiocy, then I logic will not work on you anyway. I will never forget that you refered to me as a moron. Your projections of my future are very bleak yet not correct. I have saved them for future reference. If you appologize properly, I might let you suck it.

Er..... I think he referred to you as a moron due to your moronic and ill-mannered reply.

This last comment seems to prove the point.

I have just spent the day sorting out the problems of the so called "underclass" of South East London. On reflection I would rather spend time in their company than somebody who appears to fall into the American stereotype, and before you make the obvious reply, I have spent time some time over there and know damn well that the vast majority of the citizens of your Country are actually rather nice.

If you took the trouble to read and digest the last few posts you would find that I have been far more abusive towards you than anyone else. But then again that might be expecting a bit much!

The last couple of replies have done a lot to make me realise that, the majority of the "new blood" have the interests of the club at heart. Lets hope that they become the bigger influence rather the morons of this World!

God! I never thought I would be backing up the views of a bloody Australian!!!

But then again at least they drink proper beer, even if its lager and not Strongbow!