Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PLEASE READ (all of you!)

FleetFanatic

Originally Posted By: Gusboll
A good post doheochai, and you've sort of posed the whole question of what is the motivation behind all the individual MyFC members entering into this, given that:

There is only financial loss;
They are a small voice amongst many more;
The team will lose frequently,
There will be tears;
The team will perform,
There will be hope.

It's football, that's why.

I'm only speaking personally now you understand, but to be honest I thought it would be great to help. I love football, but my own Premiership Club has long since priced me out of the ground.
I've got to say I didn't think about Ebbsfleet, I know little about your club, to be honest I had visions of Myfc buying a club on its knees and probably up north (for some reason).
And thats it really you get my £35 I gain an interest in a football club I previously knew little about. If it works great, if it doesn't well you've still got my £35, and maybe a little more as it would be nice to pay a visit over the forthcoming year.

Oh and a little advice that I'm certain regular users are well aware of. Internet forums tend to attract the extreames. For every nutter there will be 100 non nutters who never post.

Well done Okidoke, I feel all your little buddies cringeing every time you log in, embarrassing or what?

You can spunk as much as you like Chinese take aways, or save them up for a hundred years, you still can't buy my club, it's not for sale.

The question here is about respect, can you people respect the history of Gravesend and Northfleet, or do you feel that stumping up a few quid and maybe creating a short term boom is what it is all about.

Read the comments from the true fans, try and understand what it feels like to watch your team rise from the county leagues to the zenith of its historical achievement, only to find numpties like you coming in and playing Charlie Big Bananas with their team.

You wont be able to because your comments to date show you to be of the " Loadsa Money " generation with no respect for anything, unfortunate but hey, you are the new owner, so you have a right to shoot your keyboard off.

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: doheochai
Originally Posted By: Mr England

you sound like my dad!!

It must be the teacher in me.

You're from the wesht, shouldn't that be "the priest IN you"?

No - I'm the right side of Ennis so I say 'west' - until I go home to Kilkee then all bets are off.

Originally Posted By: Hirsty
Originally Posted By: River Don
I can fully appreciate your point of view Hirsty and the principle of the thing, the sad irony is the people who care most about the club are the ones left without a voice.

By the way that's a fine Northern surname you have there, according to this most of us still reside in Yorkshire and Lancahire, we're not a well travelled lot.

http://www.nationaltrustnames.org.uk/Map...B&type=name

Cudworth 7/12/67 !!

Cheers,

Wow, bang in the middle of the heartlands. I have family in Cudworth as well, but they aren't lucky enough to have the same great surname.

Originally Posted By: Hirsty
I think I may have to disappoint you here.....it's only a nickname, based on the top man (even better than I was at my peak !! blush), who was born in Cudworth on 7/12/67

I have never been to Cudworth, but I am sure it's very nice !I hope to visit one day.

Cheers,

Ahh, Cud'uth is quite nice up in the hills over Barnsley, TV presenter Michael Parkinson hails from there y'know.

I'm sure the opportunity to visit will soon present itself given MyFC's managerial genius. No doubt before too long Ebbsfleet will be battling it out with the likes of Barnsley in the Championship.

Originally Posted By: doheochai

If the membership collapses then I think the club would escape relatively unharmed. There is no way the money will be spent and this will allow the club to stabilise if anything goes wrong.

Except that the controlling interest in the club would then be in the hands of someone we know nothing about.

Is there an understanding that the funds raised initially would not all be available in year 1 but averaged with year 2 and year 3 projected and made available accordingly. Is this in line with MyFC memebers expectations ?

Congratulations on the positive attitude to what a lot of Ebbsfleet members would probably see as a hijacking of their team.

While my A$80 made me a member of MYFC I saw myself more as becoming a member of whatever club they purchased.

Given no hitches with the Due Diligence process I now see myself as a member of Ebsfleet United Football Club.

I'll buy the gear, go on the forum, watch them on Youtube/Setanta, celebrate your/their successes and share your/their disappointments.

The chances of me attending a game are remote, unless you do a post season/pre-season tour of Australia.

As far as me selecting teams, etc go...I see it as no different to you guys coming on this Forum and airing your opinions re selections and tactics in your match previews and post-mortems.

While your suggestions and criticisms on this Forum (and in the bar after the game) may be valid they probably don't greatly influence the manager's decisions whereas under the MYFC model I think it will be the Manager's suggestions and criticisms that will greatly influence the members.

No doubt the manager's feedback to the members will be heavily slanted towards his preferred side and tactics (which will be flexible anyway given the mandate the manager has regarding in-game adjustments).

I look forward, to what should be a fascinating journey.

I may be way off the mark here, but so be it, wasn't the Australian RU coach quoted as saying " everybody hates the English ?"....just before we ( the English !) beat them ?

I presume that you will retort with the 5-0 ashes victory ? ah, if only we had Sobers as captain...oops, I mean a sober captain ( only joking Freddie )....it will be different if Sir Michael Vaughan remains fit & captains us ( England ) in the next series !!

Cheers,

Closer to the mark would be "that everybody (in Australia) hates the Australian RU coach"...a moron appointed by morons to coach a front row of TeleTubbies.

Obvious ploy would have been the assassination of Johnny Wilkinson.

Silver lining was NZ's All Blackout!

As far as cricket (our Summer ScreenSaver)is concerned...hard to tell when one match stops and another starts.

Mick