Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PLEASE READ (all of you!)

FleetFanatic

Having been a supporter since Hereford 1946 and seen many changes to the club.my only hope is that we all sing from the same sheet and go forward together,and dont try and mend things that aint broke. With that in mind you can have my £35 pound with pleasure. UP THE FLEET with what ever you stick in front of it EBB or WEB you are still my team. Lets do it.

Poultice, im sure you are a true and loyal supporter of your team as am i, -my local team from where i was born.This is on a different level though, i have seen people from all over the country who support many differnt teams coming together rather than shouting abuse at each other from opposite terraces.This has got to be good for the game as a sport. I will never transfer my first love to Ebbsfleet and i dont think any other loyal to his club fan would, and that seems to be where the problem will be. However i am very happy to support the fleet with money and my support ie i will be going to Oxford and i will shout for them as well as i can because they are now as much my team as anyone elses.

Hope to meet up with you at a game and have a drink!

glosrob they do deserve things to happen to their team cause they have a forward thinking set of directors who know that they have taken the club as far as they can with the money/support avaliable . What ruski billionaire comes along and put thousands of fans intio the club at a stroke ?

I think Glover that your ascent to heights of last seasons playoff final might have dulled your memory. Those of us who exist in the none to rarified air of the non league, have to develope a certain sardonic humour in order to survive the pain and anguish.

I have issues with the concept and think a certain proportion of the membership are prize muppets, but Tuesday is a game of football and a beer.

It is my opinion that this experiment wont work. I think it is unfair to experiment on a club when you have no expertise or football experience.

I'm sure there are lots of well meaning fans out there. But the majority will be like the guy who posted this on teh forum:

"Do you not agree that we should be making use of the 50,000 members to find interesting prospects, after all being able to tell someone is a good player is hardly rocket science. As far as I know there is no qualification needed to become a scout and I think the majority of sensable fans could spot someone who can do the business."

Once he and his ilk have gotten fed up, realised they arent Arsene Wenger the will move on and their money will go. That is my 2p's worth I'm not looking to start an argument.

P.s. Russian billionaires bring world class players, world class managers, coaches and scouts. And I'm a Liverpool fan.

Poultice ive supported my team through the lower reaches of the league eg Ryman Premier so i know what its like and am fully intouch with the pain of wet wednseday nights in Aylsebury !

but i know how to enjoy the good times and thats what i think is coming to fleet so lets get together and make this historic club as good as it can be.

I've been anti MyFc, and I still an anti MyFc, but this is not my club so my thoughts certainly don't carry as much weight as the person who started this thread.

It's the shock of how this was announced and how supporters were not consulted that have angered most. But it appears most of you are now resigned to living with it and that is probably the only thing you can do.

In the short term you are going to have a lot of money to play with, but as far as the mid and long term I'm not so sure. Others on here will probably have a good idea of budgets, but with money needing to be spent on the ground and a decision required on how to fund a new stadium I don't think the MyFc project will deliver enough funds for the future development.

The emphasis from Myfc members is going to be on promotion out of the Conference, but this will lead to incurring an even higher budget with extra players wages etc. By going for growth and no ground of your own beware and think of what happened to Maidstone United.

My message to MyFc members is this: Stop thinking of yourselves as owners of the club and become supporters - and its going to cost you a lot more than £35. This club won't survive unless you start putting your hard earned cash through the turnstiles. True committment is going to cost more than 5 mins in front of a PC and a PayPal account. Buying shirts is good, but only a one-off. With currently only a peppercorn rent true profitability will come when you start filling the empty spaces on the terraces. My guess is if you can raise average attendances by 500, the club would be able sustain itself. My guess is its not now, otherwise why would MyFc been invited to the party.

For "proper" fans I would echo my friends thoughts and get your Trust beefed up. The MyFc clan seem very confident in what they are doing, but there are so many examples of football clubs going tits up no matter how good the intentions. If it failed they wouldn't care, it was only £35 and fun while it lasted and it will be left to the originals to pick up the pieces.

I feel for Ebbsfleet fans. In a world of plastic ManUre, Chelsea and Arsenal fans, us teams at this level can claim we are "real" football fans, but overnight Ebbsfleet has become the most Plastic club in British football.

Some will say we need to grow and stop being "little Ebbsfleet" and be prepared to live with the ridicule, other will bemoan that "their" club has been stolen and want to start their own Gravesend & Northfleet all over again. I can see the club being split on this.

The only guaranteed winner is Will Brooks. What a great (legal) scam, I expect to see it repeated around the world now with MyFc's springing up everywhere. How he convinced 20,000 plus to part with £35 to join a club they had never heard of is sheer genius.

Sing "Stand Up if you own Ebbsfleet"

FA CUP Final Qualifying Round

Ebbsfleet United 1 - Exeter City 3

POULTICE A hint of jealousy i sense from you, but i am sorry because if we would have bought Exeter city then i would have pulled out because i was looking for a bigger club and believe i have found that in Ebbsfleet united. POULTICE dont bother responding with your drivel to my post.....

Originally Posted By: OKUZ
POULTICE A hint of jealousy i sense from you, but i am sorry because if we would have bought Exeter city then i would have pulled out because i was looking for a bigger club and believe i have found that in Ebbsfleet united. POULTICE dont bother responding with your drivel to my post.....

In that case I will do it for him.

You weren't invited to buy Exeter City so you have no worries. I'm sure MyFc will be delighted to be bigger than Exeter but you have to get your average gates up to 3,500 first.

So Okuz will you be attending Ebbsfleet's home games to help make the club bigger? That that means spending £170 in addition to your £35, or are you just going to sit there in your armchair shooting your mouth off?