Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PLEASE READ (all of you!)

FleetFanatic

Originally Posted By: Mackster
With currently only a peppercorn rent true profitability will come when you start filling the empty spaces on the terraces. My guess is if you can raise average attendances by 500, the club would be able sustain itself.

£700,000 - if that's the correct amount of investment going in, annually represents something like 4,000 extra season tickets sold. How sustainable that will prove to be, who knows but taking that point of view EUFC can now consider themselves the size of an average League 1 or 2 club. That puts talk of the Premiership by some MyFC types firmly in perspective.

Given the situation, I feel the best thing the traditional support can do is sign up to MyFC, and organise a block vote. Always back the managers decisions and demand as much of the funding as possible isn't wasted but instead goes into stadium improvements, youth team development and keeping tickets reasonably priced.

My fellow fan GC has signed up I believe ?

You don't know what you have let yourself in for ! Voting could take longer than the Eurovision Song Contest ( Only joking Gazza !)

As for me, I'd rather burn 7 five pound notes that subscribe to your lot !

No offence....

I can fully appreciate your point of view Hirsty and the principle of the thing, the sad irony is the people who care most about the club are the ones left without a voice.

By the way that's a fine Northern surname you have there, according to this most of us still reside in Yorkshire and Lancahire, we're not a well travelled lot.

http://www.nationaltrustnames.org.uk/Map...B&type=name

Originally Posted By: River Don
With currently only a peppercorn rent true profitability will come when you start filling the empty spaces on the terraces. My guess is if you can raise average attendances by 500, the club would be able sustain itself.

£700,000 - if that's the correct amount of investment going in, annually represents something like 4,000 extra season tickets sold. How sustainable that will prove to be, who knows but taking that point of view EUFC can now consider themselves the size of an average League 1 or 2 club. That puts talk of the Premiership by some MyFC types firmly in perspective.

Given the situation, I feel the best thing the traditional support can do is sign up to MyFC, and organise a block vote. Always back the managers decisions and demand as much of the funding as possible isn't wasted but instead goes into stadium improvements, youth team development and keeping tickets reasonably priced.

I'm only guessing the maths, but the real issue will be 12 months from now. It depends on how many people sign up again. If it is only 50% and investment is down to £350K and the club is currently making a loss - well running a football club is an expensive business. Still as always depends on people making the turnstiles click.

Hirsty: I'm sure I can get you a login that you can use to have a look at MyFc Forums, and you won't have to compromise yourself by shelling out £35. Just don't tell Doheochai and his minions or they will hunt us down.

I've been anti MyFc, and I still an anti MyFc, but this is not my club so my thoughts certainly don't carry as much weight as the person who started this thread.

My thoughts don't carry any more weight than anybody else's on here,
as a moderator I am merely a volunteer.

As I keep saying, I am not completely happy about all this.

I did, however, want the forum calmed a bit.

Originally Posted By: River Don
I can fully appreciate your point of view Hirsty and the principle of the thing, the sad irony is the people who care most about the club are the ones left without a voice.

By the way that's a fine Northern surname you have there, according to this most of us still reside in Yorkshire and Lancahire, we're not a well travelled lot.

http://www.nationaltrustnames.org.uk/Map...B&type=name

Cudworth 7/12/67 !!

Cheers,

I'm a My Football Club member and am not surprised that there is apprehension at Ebbsfleet regarding this takeover.

Anyone who's looked at the MFC website when this all kicked off months ago will have seen the "wish list" of clubs members voted for. Top, Leeds (my team). In thet top 20 Man U and Arsenal as well as Nottm Forest. Leeds, Arsenal and Man U - I ask you. More chance of Vanessa Feltz riding the favourite to victory in next years Grand National.

There have also been whingers on there complaining that "we've" bought a club from the "poncy south" and further whinging it wasn't the club ten minutes away from their house. I didn't think that pointing out that had they bought a club ten minutes from their house many others from the "poncy south" qould whinge it wasn't ten minutes from their house.

es, MFC has, like any other club, it's fair share of morons but out of 20,000 I hope that over 19,000 will have the brains to see this for what it is - the chance to be in on the ground floor of something that could be absolutely superb.

A tiny minority want to change the club name, change the team colours - I, indeed, jokinly asked if they could get rid of the red and white as it's the colours of The Scum (sorry, Man U) but if the team played in yellow and pink dots and they got promoted then no-one would complain, but it won't, so, MFC members, SHUT UP and enjoy the ride. If MFC work with Ebbsfleet this thing will work. With so many new shareholders scattered about the land there will be extra support at all away games and that can only be good for the club to know there are people on the terraces shouting for them. I'm going to York and Halifax in March with, whisper it, a non-shareholding Arsenal fan!

We do desperately want to work with the club - we have invested money in it and we're looking forward to it. After Leeds, the next reasult I will be looking for is "The Fleet's" score.

PLEASE, ignore the idiots from MFC - they are a minority, thank God.

Now, where can I buy a Fleet scarf and a mug?

Mick Newton

Originally Posted By: Lager Top
Originally Posted By: Hirsty
Thanks for the offer......but I decline.

Cheers,

Hirsty, you've got a stranger trying to buy your affection on the internet and you turn it down? attentat You don't get offers like that every day.

I do actually....I am still rather popular in some quarters !!

Cheers.....

Originally Posted By: Lager Top
Thanks for the offer......but I decline.

Cheers,

Hirsty, you've got a stranger trying to buy your affection on the internet and you turn it down? attentat You don't get offers like that every day.

I do actually....I am still rather popular in some quarters !!

Cheers.....

lol that made me chuckle smile

Hirsty: I'm sure I can get you a login that you can use to have a look at MyFc Forums, and you won't have to compromise yourself by shelling out £35. Just don't tell Doheochai and his minions or they will hunt us down.

Just as long as you don't post, you'll be fine. angel

In fact, I'm not surprised that some anti-MyFC people have already joined just to provide others an inside view as a spy.

Just in case I have not made myself clear I will repeat.

I have no intention of joining MyFC or viewing the forum !

You made yourself clear that you weren't joining, but viewing was another matter.

No problems...

Actually I would be in favour of opening the MyFC forums to allow EUFC fans to view the forum. I think it would actually demonstrate the positive attitude of MyFC members towards different issues (of course you will need to ignore some of the latest posts where people are making a variety of suggestions purely out of excitement). However, it is unlikely to happen but that is for technical reasons rather than anything else (it appear the site is not set up for open access and it would require a major overhaul to change it).