Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The FA Cup

Originally Posted By: Lato

FoRM have picked their game for tomorrow's FA Cup outing, a chance to visit a ground we haven't been to for about 15 years.

That will be Hampton & Richmond Borough v Brackley Town then.
You're obviously just criticising Josh Scott for the hell of it as his record speaks for itself and he's the sole reason why Hayes & Yeading are flying high in the Conference South.

over an hour without a post clippy??? Lot of tea and cakes required by the Air Vice marshal this afternoon then?

As usual I see you are selective in which bits of the post you read. I was just making an observation of Josh Scott based on one game. I also think he and the rest of the Hayes and Yeading team would be deeply offended to suggest he is the sole reason for them doing so well this season. Football is a team game after all. They were in truth a bit lucky to beat Kingstonian on the day and the game actually changed with the introduction of ex Ruislip Manor player Kieron Knight as a half time substitute.

And well done you were right about Hampton..looking forward to seeing another ex Manor player - Lawrence Yaku.

And well done you were right about Hampton..looking forward to seeing another ex Manor player - Lawrence Yaku.

How could I have possibly known that, admit you raised an eyebrow.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

How could I have possibly known that, admit you raised an eyebrow.

Considering I effectively told you, it didn't take much working out.

FoRM have picked their game for tomorrow's FA Cup outing, a chance to visit a ground we haven't been to for about 15 years.

How on earth is this effectively telling me where you are going tomorrow, why not just admit that I can read you like a book as my guess was based on you not liking to venture too far afield and then narrowing it down to Hampton & Richmond Borough.

Considering I effectively told you, it didn't take much working out

Lato - I may have just twigged as to why you always like to stay local on Saturday's and not venture too far from your Northolt base, are you a fan of Strictly Come Dancing which starts at an inconvenient 6.30pm every Saturday.

Not difficult to pick out the result of the day:

FA Cup Fourth Round Qualifying Round

Hinckley United 1 - 1 Curzon Ashton

Kettering Town 3 - 0 Burton Albion

Tamworth 0 - 4 Barrow

Kings Lynn 1 - 5 Kidderminster Harriers

Boston United 2 - 3 Cambridge United

Droylsden 0 - 0 Belper Town

Retford United 1 - 3 Alfreton Town

Northwich Victoria A - A AFC Telford United (floodlight failure)

Blyth Spartans AFC 3 - 1 Sheffield

York City 0 - 0 Mansfield Town

Fleetwood Town 4 - 3 Nantwich Town

Wrexham 0 - 0 Eastwood Town

Stevenage Borough 2 - 2 Horsham

Woking 2 - 2 Ebbsfleet United

Hampton & Richmond Borough 0 - 1 Brackley Town

Oxford United 2 - 0 Hayes & Yeading United

Maidstone United 0 - 1 AFC Wimbledon

Team Bath 1 - 0 Salisbury City

Dorchester Town 1 - 0 Bishop's Stortford

Oxford City 0 - 1 Eastbourne Borough

Ashford Town (Middx) 0 - 0 Forest Green Rovers

Evesham United 2 - 0 Rushden & Diamonds

Bury Town 4 - 1 Basingstoke Town

Burgess Hill Town 0 - 3 Harlow Town

Grays Athletic 2 - 0 AFC Totton

Aylesbury United 0 - 1 Sutton United

Torquay United 4 - 1 Chipstead

Leiston 1 - 1 Lewes

Weymouth 1 - 2 AFC Hornchurch

Crawley Town FC 0 - 3 Havant & Waterlooville FC

Durham City 2 - 2 Histon

Newcastle Blue Star v Altrincham (Sunday)

Good performance by Brackley against a disaapointing Hampton & Richmond side. Yaku should have scored in the opening five minutes but the rest of teh first half was totally forgettable. The home side improved after the interval but it was Brackley who scored with an unmarked header from a corner. Hampton and R then attacked with vigour and the Brackley keeper made two fantastic saves while his defence was superb in front of him. The team deservedly held on for a great victory.

And actually rhodes you better get some new dossier compilers as your present lot are rubbish. Its classic Dads Army then Harry Hill for me. Also can you select a game for FoRM when the First Round draw has been made tomorrow.

Also can you select a game for FoRM when the First Round draw has been made tomorrow.

I can already select a game for you, go to watch Hornchurch even if they're drawn away at Blyth Spartans, Barrow or Carlisle! You obviously jinxed Hampton & Richmond Borough this afternoon.

the referee at Hampton was young and he did blow for a lot of free kick for both teams though the away fans got most vocal after they went a goal down. Mond you he gave them a questionable free kick in injury time just outside the penalty area which the Hampton skipper should have done better with but balsted over.

However he wasn't the one who wasn't marking the Brackley player who had a free header at the corner for the winning goal!!

Thanks for your tip rhodes albeit somewhat predictable but why would I want to go and see Hornchurch?

Lato - I heard the Referee at your game today was only nineteen, whether that is right or not I'm not sure but I believe he completely spoilt the game.

As for Hornchurch, watch their two goals today in the attached link and then ask me the above question again:

http://www.afchornchurch.com/video.html

Done that so I'll ask again why would I want to go and see Hornchurch?

lol Clip 1 thats some quality keeping NOT

3rd eye Clip 2 - watch as the spectators come flying down the stand - theres a person that get smacked across the head as another supporter runs past. Also quality as the HX player celebrates with the weymouth player just as the clip finishes.

Clip 3 - thats Annie getting squashed in the middle of all the players and supporters grin

To be honest I thought the ref did ok today.

Hampton boo-boys gave him a hard time as he came off the pitch, but frankly the reason they lost the game was that other than 10 minutes in the second half (after conceding the goal), they did not look like a top six conference south team and deserved to go out of the competition.

Easy to blame the ref when you lose.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

he slipped and is by far and away the best keeper in NL footie...we have already turned down 50k for him from a league club....he kept us in that match today...

shame that a so called lower league keeper (past his sell by date) has to jump on the opportunity to slag off a young keeper with his career in front of him....

thanks...grin

Not difficult to pick out the result of the day:

Weymouth 1 - 2 AFC Hornchurch

Rhodes I assume you posted this at an internet cafe in Weymouth seeing as you have been telling us all week that you were going to be attending the game. After all, given the hard time you gave Samuelsmiles for not going to Harefield the other week I am sure you wouldn't want to find yourself in the same position.

As you made perfectly clear, if you say on this forum that you are going to a game then there is absolutely no possible excuse for not doing so.

Originally Posted By: Manorborn100
To be honest I thought the ref did ok today

I had to check to see where Ben Furneaux was today and noted that he Refereed the Langford v Kingsbury London Tigers game otherwise I would have been convinced he was at Hampton & Richmond Borough.
As for Lato's question, I think Uncle Urchin and Willo the Cat have already answered it and suggest that he looks out for ball number 80 to come out of the velvet bag at 1.00pm today.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

he slipped and is by far and away the best keeper in NL footie...we have already turned down 50k for him from a league club....he kept us in that match today...

shame that a so called lower league keeper (past his sell by date) has to jump on the opportunity to slag off a young keeper with his career in front of him....
thanks...grin

Just passing a comment - after all you keep slating people for not talking football on here. Sjj2112 will back me up here as 1 of his first post was to pass comment about a HUGE swing and a miss by me to gift a goal to the oppos. I can see the funny side of things though as Steve will vouch for.

50K offer not taken though - was he informed of this and why didn't he take it?

As for the past sell by date grin were all getting old and I still haven't hit peak keeping age yet. Theres a reason that lower levels of football exsist - and thats talent, skill and not being in the right place at the right time!