Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The FA Cup

rhodes - please don;t assume my feelings.

we don;t miss shittu or the other players one jot. Our style is much more pleasing to watch, the glory hunters have pissed off back to watch BIG clubs on the tv and taken all the boo boys with them. SEJ is playing games, the chairman has been trying to sell for a while now but we could be as crap as southampton and they are that way because they didn;t watch the spending.

I logged on a few nights ago to find Rhodes discussing my son in the shout box, someone who doesnt come on the forum and someone he has never met so yes I did reply to him as I dont understand what gives him the right to discuss my son.

I have never discussed anything personal about Rhodes, his family or his personal life and would like to think that he would have the common decency not to discuss my family on this forum.

Once again i didnt lie about my position at any time.

always happy to apologise if I am wrong nellie and if an apology is in order then consider it said but you and I both know that you deliberately misled the forum to have a go at rhodes....so do most of the other readers on here who can see past the anti rhodes brigade that you so feverishly represent....

you are both as bad as each other from where I sit and I would quite genuinely recommend that you both knock it on the head....your second post is somewhat tinted by double standards as when posters open up the door with personal comments they must expect them back....many of you inc rhodes opened that door many moons ago...

now if you want to open up another boring dialogue with me on this thread then I am happy to oblige but in this instance its not recommended....tea ladies usually get the worst of it with me...smile

Originally Posted By: nellie

I logged on a few nights ago to find Rhodes discussing my son in the shout box

Er, I merely pointed out that your son had never played for Kentish Town as far as I'm aware so I was curious to know what your connection was with the Club

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

you are both as bad as each other from where I sit and I would quite genuinely recommend that you both knock it on the head...

Unc - I find that a little harsh as surely I'm the innocent party in all of this. You'll be the first to agree that Nellie takes herself far too seriously and regularly misinterprets genuine questions that are asked with good intention such as her connection with Kentish Town, whether her son ever played for the Club and why she doesn't simply join one of the many friendly non league Club's on Teeside such as Guisborough Town as it would save much time and expense in travelling to and from London.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

you are both as bad as each other from where I sit and I would quite genuinely recommend that you both knock it on the head...

Unc - I find that a little harsh as surely I'm the innocent party in all of this. You'll be the first to agree that Nellie takes herself far too seriously and regularly misinterprets genuine questions that are asked with good intention such as her connection with Kentish Town, whether her son ever played for the Club and why she doesn't simply join one of the many friendly non league Club's on Teeside such as Guisborough Town as it would save much time and expense in travelling to and from London.

Have a look at the definition of "disingenuous" Rhodes!

" 1. Not straightforward or candid; insincere or calculating
2. Pretending to be unaware "

You are clearly fishing for something else! Leave her alone!

Just to prove my point here is another totally innocent question without any hidden agenda attached to it. Why were Darlington playing on the same night as Newcastle last night drawing just 3,034 fans to their Darlington Arena home, it doesn't make any sense as surely 99% of their fanbase support Newcastle.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Just to prove my point here is another a totally innocent question without any hidden agenda attached to it. Why were Darlington playing on the same night as Newcastle last night drawing just 3,034 fans to their Darlington Arena home, it doesn't make any sense as surely 99% of their fanbase support Newcastle.

Even I can't find an ulterior motive in that post Rhodes! You will, of course, be aware that Darlington's average home crowd this season is 3,030, ranging from a low of 2,814 to a high of 3,559! So a Monday night game on telly with The Toon playing a mere 36 miles away seems a typical gate by any measure!

Lendal - I know you are from the North East however I've been to Darlington, albeit Feethams as opposed to the new stadium, and know that it's not a million miles from Newcastle, as I say 99% of their fanbase are Newcastle fans with the other 1% Middlesbrough or Sunderland.

So according to you no-one who attends a Darlington home match is actually a Darlo supporter? Hmmmm. The club shop must have a torrid time - unless they sell Newcastle or Middlesborough stuff......

Now there's an idea. I'll put it to Barry Hearn. After all going on your stated fact, Leyton Orient presumably have no supporters either and just Tottenham and West Ham fans attend at Brisbane Road. So perhaps just Spurs and Hammers stuff should be sold in the O's club shop. There could be a place in a boxing ring for you after Barry hears about this innovative idea!

At BTFC we're now going to sell just Hitchin Town stuff in our shop, with perhaps a smattering of Luton and Stevenage gear. Stevenage on the other hand will sell just Spurs and Arsenal stuff in theirs, whilst Sandy will be selling Bigg Town stuff and Arsenal will just be selling French national flags at The Emirates.

Glad that's sorted.