Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey v MFC updates

Andy .

One thing that it has shown is how tight it is at the bottom. With the points we move up 5 places without them we stay second from bottom. The other important thing is, that despite our goal difference several weeks ago, with the 4 goals, we would have a better goal difference over everyone below us, bar Hendon.

As Ian said earlier, it is so tight could quite easily go to goal difference, so being done out of at least a couple more goals on Tuesday might count at end of the season, when the game is awarded to us wink

Originally Posted By: brentford ram
gate should be given the win but sadly common sense doesnt always prevail i recall a game fulham played in the early eighties i think derby away and needed a point for promotion to the top flight they were losing by a single goal and a pitch invasion in injury time occured the ref abandonned it and the result stood malcolm macdonald was not too pleased.i wouldnt be surprised if the game was to be replayed knowing what the ryman league are like maybe a fulham fan could shed some light on the above game as i was pretty young then

Yes the game was stopped with three minutes plus stoppage time left and in the rush a couple of Fulham players were injuried by Derby fans

Cost us promotion that year and MacDonald left the following year and we went into free fall.

Hopefully this result will stand

Re MM's suggestions, I know it is on a completely different scale, but a few years back a Real Madrid game was abandoned with seven minutes to go, with the score at 1-1.

The seven minutes was eventually replayed. So it certainly wouldn't be a new phenomenon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2392831/Real-to-finish-bomb-scare-match.html

In this Stupid country where our Stupid Government have signed us up to the Stupid Human Rights Convention I bet there is something that says we have to replay the game because we are infringing the human rights of the Canvey team in not allowing them the oppurtunity to score 4 goals in 8 minutes.Either that or they will be able to appeal to the Stupid European Courts.

Originally Posted By: acdc
In this Stupid country where our Stupid Government have signed us up to the Stupid Human Rights Convention I bet there is something that says we have to replay the game because we are infringing the human rights of the Canvey team in not allowing them the oppurtunity to score 4 goals in 8 minutes.Either that or they will be able to appeal to the Stupid European Courts.

Don't be stupid!

This thread has got everything really: great updates from the game, the thrill of a big away win in the bag, only to be dashed from our grasp at the death.

Then the suspense of whether the result will stand or not.

Best of all though, the messages of support from opponents, neutrals, and even close rivals. Sums up all that is best in non-league football.

Have to give the Canvey fans a big shout as they are being honest and humble in their assessment. Despite the fact that a replay could see them with 3 points and enhance play-off chances. Whatever happened, whatever happens, they are a credit to their club and football in general.

Puts some other teams' griping fans to shame. They could learn alot about humility and decorum from this thread!

Also reminds me of the clubs decency in supporting Wimbledon's legal challenge for points reduction, which eventually led to us being kput out of the play-off places, if my shocking memory is correct.

Spot on ITH. I get on with a few Canvey fans via the forum but even to me they have exceeeded their goodwill in this matter, well done to them all bow

Wholeheartedly agree. The people I came into contact with covering the game for the official site were very welcoming and supportive of our case when the lights went out, despite their own frustrations with their own team's performance. I'm already looking forward to my next trip there, say in August!

As I said in the Shoutbox yesterday: We were made to feel very welcome at Canvey. Also as everyone has said, their attitude to out situation regarding the lights has been admirable. Well done Canvey. Enjoyable evening on Tuesday, despite the wind, rain and the light situation.

Absolutely agree - from the gent on the turnstiles to those selling 50/50 tickets, programmes and the ladies in the refreshment stall plus those Canvey supporters with whom I spoke, they were a really nice bunch of people.