Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey v MFC updates

Andy .

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
My power was off until 1am and I had to rush home because my mum who suffers from claustrophobia was having quite a bad panic attack because she couldn't find the torch in the dark. That is not a laughing matter.

I have a number for EDS energy if anybody would like to ring and confirm.

A little bit annoyed at some of the comments on here from certain people so I'll refrain from saying any more.

Good luck to Margate for the rest of the season.

I think my comment was one you may be referring to! Absolutely nothing in it Yellow - I was merely raising a point as 'dodgy' floodlights have been used in the past. Lets face it, you guys are still chasing a play-off spot so 3 points means as much to you as it does to us!!

Nothing sinister intended - am simply using the forum as intended - to stimulate debate!

Best wishes to your mum and the best of luck to Canvey for the rest of the season

Alan Turvey, Ryman League Chairman, just been on radio and says will take a couple of days to decide as need to wait for ref's and club's reports.

Jim Ward just been on the radio talking to DJ re cup game, league etc. Good on him, when asked about our game last night, he said we should get the points in his opinion. Gone up in my estimation of him now.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
My power was off until 1am and I had to rush home because my mum who suffers from claustrophobia was having quite a bad panic attack because she couldn't find the torch in the dark. That is not a laughing matter.

I have a number for EDS energy if anybody would like to ring and confirm.

A little bit annoyed at some of the comments on here from certain people so I'll refrain from saying any more.

Good luck to Margate for the rest of the season.

I second the above!
and im sure there will be a third person as well! (Jamie)

Only three words the Ryman League need to be aware of in this situation-COMMON SENSE PREVAIL!!!! Hmmmm?

Also if the game is void, thus voiding our four goals and and three points how the hell would Youngs sending off not be void. If the whole thing is adjudged not to have happened then surely this cannot stand either. If he does get a ban from a void game then by the same token we should start the replayed game four goals up. Am I hoping for to much for a bit of common sense-probably.

Apologies for the rant. I only skimmed some of the posts on here but it seemed at first that a few were suggesting something a bit more 'sinister' took place.

Unfortunately the whole fiasco with Gravesend a few years ago didn't help so obviously when the lights went, people are thinking all sorts of things.

It seems some parts of the Island were affected worse than others. My power didn't return until 1am whilst others had short delays.

As for the game, if common sense prevails then the result will stand. Nobody from Canvey would argue that you didn't deserve to win. Although the conditions were quite awful and didn't help, we were very poor and not at our best for a lot of the game (Although we played OK for most of the first half).

I would be very embarrassed if the game was to be replayed and I doubt anybody from Canvey would argue if the result was allowed. We all know though that the Ryman League has a complete lack of common sense and you can never tell what decision they will make

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season on the pitch and off it.

gate should be given the win but sadly common sense doesnt always prevail i recall a game fulham played in the early eighties i think derby away and needed a point for promotion to the top flight they were losing by a single goal and a pitch invasion in injury time occured the ref abandonned it and the result stood malcolm macdonald was not too pleased.i wouldnt be surprised if the game was to be replayed knowing what the ryman league are like maybe a fulham fan could shed some light on the above game as i was pretty young then

I think Margate should be given this result.. Not only because I do hate Canvey, but your team must have played well to be winning 4-0.

With 8 minutes + 3/4 minuted adding on... I don't think Canvey would have scored 4 goals in that space of time.. So hopefully the Ryman league do the right thing by letting the score stand.

Did anyone find out if Canvey deliberately made the floodlights go out? Never know what dirty tricks they get up to. tongue

With the bottom of the League so tight,it does`nt matter if you would have scored 4, the point is even ONE goal, in the goals against colume could have a stay in who stays and who goes.

If this game does have to be replayed-why is it that the whole game has to be replayed-and not just the last 8 minutes plus injury time?

The costs of 'staging' the game are the same whether you play for 90 minutes or 10 minutes.

It would be mightily unjust to have to play 90 minutes and start afresh.

I am sure if it was agreed to play the last 8 minutes again, the clubs (and match officials ) could also agree to have a public friendly game between Canvey and Margate for the rest of the evening -which must be preferable to training per se. and would maximise the use of the event for both clubs benefit