Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey v MFC updates

Andy .

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
You wonder whether like some referees-the leagues even things up.

Ramsgate lose the tilbury appeal, but are allowed to 'win' the 4 point deduction appeal.

I know which one i'd take

Have they won the 4 point deduction appeal yet? Probably lose both...

Hey people, we played awful today and your first two goals killed us. I thought we handled the game well until you scored the first.

The red card was a bit harsh, first yellow had to be really, but the second showed the ref had no common sense and obviously couldn't feel the wind!

At one point I think he was going to allow one of your players to hold the ball when the penalty was being taken!? I know it was windy and the ball kept moving, but that could give an unfair advantage.

Hopefully the result will stand for you guys...it wouldn't be fair otherwise.

And, honestly, all of the power in the area went off and we did try about 4/5 times to get the floodlights back on when the power came back, but they only flickered! Some parts of the Island are still in darkness now I'm afraid frown

But there were other lights on in the ground, bar etc, and as I drove out of Canvey it didn't really look look as though there was a serious problem there with lighting.

On the footballing side, I thought Margate handled the conditions really well, especially second half when they tried to keep the ball on the ground in such terrible conditions.

Dan Young's sending off was bad enough but to have to replay the match again will be criminal - would Canvey have scored 5 in the last five or six minutes? I doubt it.

Always dangerous to assume, but if the game has to be replayed-surely Youngs sending off can't count either.

It would be complete nonsense for the result not to stand, but the sending off to still be valid

Originally Posted By: Drummer
But there were other lights on in the ground, bar etc, and as I drove out of Canvey it didn't really look look as though there was a serious problem there with lighting.

As I said earlier, the powercut only lasted for a few seconds - and the lights that were on around the ground was from the emergency power! The power came back on and we was trying to get the floodlights back on but they kept cutting out...

Also, different parts of Canvey had different lengths of powercuts! My house was only out for seconds, but I just heard from a friend he has only just had power back on.

Geoff, Rule 8.3, as quoted by Steve B earlier, is the one that covers the options. Interestingly, Rule 8.5 concerns the club taking every precaution to ensure things work etc, including floodlights.

So it is really up in the air and down to a decision by the League when in receipt of all the facts, which I would have thought would include a proper report from Canvey as to the actions required/undertaken under Rule 8.3.