Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek 14th/15th April Matches

I must admit I also found the Ashford crowd unsporting when we met them over there in January. They had a man sent off after ten minutes for kicking out and basically spent the remainder of the half trying to get one of ours sent off. Whenever there was a foul they were on his back, as indeed were their bench. If nine out of ten times the home support applaud both teams off then our match was the tenth.

Equally badly for Ashford the "support" more or less gave up on the team at the start of the second half when they went behind and it was very quiet for the remainder of the match. Either you support your team or you don't, and there are ways of doing so that remain sporting, or as sporting as can be expected in these "win now" times. Most of us cross the line at some point, but this is not the first time Ashford have been mentioned and I know carthorse has also referred to his visit with Horley.

Firstly, an official is less likely to play well if players and supporters don't give him an opportunity. If you get on his back from the first few minutes how exactly is that meant to help him?

Secondly, no one in the Ashford team played well that day. Yet their mistakes are tolerated while the referee's are not.

At Step Five the officials are going to be of a slightly lesser standard than at Step Four. It looks like some of those at Ashford need to get used to the fact as they won't be returning to the Southern League for a while at this rate.

It did make me have a chuckle when the guy so upset by swearing at a match then calls someone he's never met, a tosser.

When you guys get to play the likes of Canvey then you will realise what aggressive fans are!

Anyway, move on gents it's getting boring.

It's likely no one remembers me but as my name suggests I'm a Molesey fan!

Haven't posted in a while as I haven't been to many games in a while but I've still been following them... Very exciting season for the Moles, and a big game against Camberley which will most likely decide the outcome of the league on Saturday. I'm nervous already!

It did make me have a chuckle when the guy so upset by swearing at a match then calls someone he's never met, a tosser.

When you guys get to play the likes of Canvey then you will realise what aggressive fans are!

Anyway, move on gents it's getting boring.

So, you decide when a topic is closed? Slightly arrogant, if at least consistent. If being interesting was an entry requirement, we would have never heard your ill thought out opinion in the first place. The Ashford Neanderthals were swearing at people they'd never met too. I may have never met you, fat, but I think my judgement was a more than fair one, based on your apologetic tone towards idiots.

Seen Canvey many times as I worked with a follower of them for many years. Never a problem. Still, an interesting 'tactic' by the Neanderthals' apologist to go from "We're not bad at all" to "Ok, we are shocking, but another team is worse."

We'll move on when we're good and ready, thanks, not when you say so.

Voice you have them by the short and curlys,even Krooner of this parish is instructing them on the Ashford Forum,to get their butts over here,To defend the indefensible.Anyone ever been to Sittingbourne,now there's a ground to visit.Personally I think  we should put it down to Ashford fans being poor losers.

Interesting thread this one although the one on relegation and champions is the one I will be following

Voice you have them by the short and curlys,even Krooner of this parish is instructing them on the Ashford Forum,to get their butts over here,To defend the indefensible.Anyone ever been to Sittingbourne,now there's a ground to visit.Personally I think  we should put it down to Ashford fans being poor losers.

Yes, and I have endorsed young Krooners post.

Lets wait and see if they bother to journey over here and take up the challenge, Peter !!

I think I was too knackered after walking from the town that bears its name to Sittingbourne to notice! (They were drowned out by CCL old boys, the jolly Guernsey cows during the game too!)

Grant McLellan Cup quarter final result.

Windsor 0-2 Bedfont Sports.

Bedfont now home v Sandhurst in semi final and Colliers Wood away v Horley Town in other semi final probably on Mon 27th April at 7.30pm.

So...I made it all up then? As you also seem to want to defend the indefensible. I will let others who have had the dubious pleasure of the scumbags I encountered make their own mind up. I certainly don't need a patronising tosser to tell me to grow up. You're right about the association between Neanderthals and Ashford being unfair...I apologise to Neanderthals unreservedly.

Do you not rather weaken your argument by throwing terms like "Neanderthals", "scumbag" and "tosser" about?

I'm an Ashford Town (Middlesex) fan. I used to be an official, although I took a step back from my involvement in the club some time ago and I don't get to many games.  I do not condone any abuse of match officials (or anyone else, for that matter) but I do accept that there are people who get carried away during a match and there may have been some people at the match on Tuesday who did that.

However, if those people are paying supporters, watching a game at another club's ground, what exactly are Ashford supposed to do about it? For all you know, the people concerned may be friends or family of one of the players, attending a game for the first time. I know that my club does deal properly with incidents over which it has control and if anybody did seriously cross the line at a match at the RPS, it would be dealt with and there would be consequences.

If any of the Ashford supporters at Farnham Town on Tuesday behaved in a manner that was unacceptable, then officials of the home club should have put a stop to that, particularly if other spectators were inconvenienced. 

I wouldn't say all Ashford fans are angels. Not by a long chalk. But I would say there is a massive difference between "unsporting" as E&E Rich put it and the kind of intemperate language that is being used on this thread.

Now Krooner of this parish, who I have known for many years, has a slightly different view. With apologies to those who have read it on the Ashford forum, here's his review of the Camberley-Ashford game last weekend:

so in essence last Saturday was there too much long ball.  Probably.  Was there too much falling over, crying and time wasting.  Probably.  Was it a decent game to watch at our level.  Probably.  Was there grief given to your players.  Yes.  Was there some given back.  Yes.  Was there grief given to our players.  Yes.  Was it given back.  Yes.

Did we all go to the bar and have a couple of drinks and a good laugh.  Yep.

sounds a bloody jolly day out for me. 

That sounds typical of the two clubs in my experience and exactly what non-league football is about.

Incidentally, although I support Ashford Town (Middlesex), I can't possibly be a Neanderthal, on the basis that a recent study suggested that the Neanderthals eyesight was better than Homo Sapiens and "as any fule kno", I'm as blind as a bat.