Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek 14th/15th April Matches

Tuesday 14th April 

BERKS & BUCKS SENIOR TROPHY FINAL

Windsor v Flackwell Heath @ Stag Meadow ko 7.30pm

The Stags take on the Hellenic Champions elect tonight at Stag Meadow,sure to be a cracking game.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL AT WINDSOR,MAKE US PROUD

Congratulations to all at Windsor FC ON YOUR VICTORY TONIGHT.

Ash lost 10 1 and do you know what the saddest thing about it is,not 1 person has bothered to even comment or ask WTF is going on down there

i'm just embarrassed, wouldn't know where to start....but my mood is certainly very very very GRUMPY

Great performance by Windsor tonight.

High intensity for the entire 120 mins. Helped by Flackwell going down to 10 men in ET, but although we hardly pulled a save from ex Windsor keeper Rob Bullivant and they had 2 shots cleared off the line and might count themselves unfortunate we matched them all over the park.

Bullivant punched a great inswinging corner into the back of the net when under pressure to make it 2-1 which was a shame (but great!).

Master stroke from Mick Woodham bringing on the hugely promising 16year olds Kelly and Barnett when other more experienced players were left out. What a great experience for them!

A very tense but thoroughly enjoyable night. We certainly seem to reserve our best for this competition.

We really need to match that intensity throughout a league season. Easier said than done of course.

Interestingly we were much quicker to clear our lines tonight and were much more no-nonsense in build up play (much the same as when we (perhaps surprisingly) matched Camberley a few weeks ago)... less pleasing on the eye but maybe we need to play that style more often in future and dispense with the intricate passing around in midfield and fannying around from keeper to defence which does get us into trouble on occasions.

Whatever... excellent stuff and lots of credit to the team and management.

Farnham 1 Ashford 0

Decided to take in some evening sun, not caring who prevailed, After ninety minutes of ill informed non-stop abuse from some supposed adults 'supporting' Ashford aimed at players, management and the officials alike, sadly, it was I that was left speechless. Old timers coming to watch their club from Farnham just shook their heads in disbelief, I wasn't far behind them in doing so either. Very satisfying that Ashford lost...purely as the result will have annoyed these Neanderthals.

I wont say to much Smudge cos I know i am not liked down there by some people, but I have to say I warned them what would happen and unfortunately I was right.

Duncs - is the time right for experienced men with Ash Utd in their DNA to take charge and help lead them back to former glory? Men like you & Johnno for example?? 

Ash lost 10 1 and do you know what the saddest thing about it is,not 1 person has bothered to even comment or ask WTF is going on down there

As a former player as of January this year, I'll be very careful in what I say, this result is not a surprise..

When the management staff were told to leave just after Christmas, Ash were sitting in 4th place with an outside chance of promotion.

Due to circumstances that I won't go into, the players that had got Ash into that position left to either play elsewhere or stop playing.

The change in management and basically a scratch team is what Ash have now hence why you are seeing scorelines like this..

Since new management took over here are the results:

Ash United 1-2 Cobham

Dorking 5-2 Ash United

Alton Town 7-0 Ash United

Ash United 1-1 Worcester Park

Ash United 2-8 Chessington & Hook

Ash United 2-0 Sandhurst Town

Worcester Park 0-0 Ash United

Ash United 1-1 Bedfont & Feltham

Ash United 1-4 Banstead Athletic

Bedfont & Feltham 6-1 Ash United

Banstead Athletic 7-1 Ash United

Chessington & Hook Utd 10-1 Ash United

Not digging out new management or current players as they've had to deal with the current situation, but even as a former player (who only joined Ash in pre-season) it's very disappointing to see what's going on.

Farnham 1 Ashford 0

Decided to take in some evening sun, not caring who prevailed, After ninety minutes of ill informed non-stop abuse from some supposed adults 'supporting' Ashford aimed at players, management and the officials alike, sadly, it was I that was left speechless. Old timers coming to watch their club from Farnham just shook their heads in disbelief, I wasn't far behind them in doing so either. Very satisfying that Ashford lost...purely as the result will have annoyed these Neanderthals.

Its even worse at their ground

Edited by Carthorse

When Windsor played at Ashford I watched the 1st half under cover surrounded by their supporters. Pretty mouthy lot, but then so are we at times!

We ended up 2-0 down at HT.

2nd half the rain eased off so I went outside and enjoyed the comeback to win 3-2. The only disappointment was that I wasn't still within earshot of their mouthy lot as that would have been quite fun.

However, I'm told they took it pretty well.

Err, shite story really, but what the hell... :)

And they always will Rother when the opponents deserve it by playing football the way it should be played.

The main thing to upset them is totally incompetent referees and we have seen more than our fair share of them this season.

Like yourselves we do at least have a fan base although they will all be back in their caves around Heathrow now until Saturday.

Tonight we welcome Molesey to Wibbandune for our final home game of the season.

Always a competitive fixture, and with decent weather, everyone is welcome to come along.

Tomorrow we commence repair work on the pitch which has been heavily criticised in recent weeks.

True, it is not ideal, but what are we meant to do as a club? 

The pitch has been superb up to February when the wet weather kicked in. Yet we have only had one 1st team game off this season (ironically against Molesey hence this evening's re-arranged game) for water logging and that was just the one goal area on the day.

The new drainage works extremely well but the downside is that, with so many games (which we need to help pay ground rent, rates etc etc) it takes a bit of a battering grass wise through the middle.

We plan to (money permitting) re-turf both goal areas and the main problem area in front of the visitor's dugout as well as a complete re-seed of the pitch which is normal practice.

Those clubs that visited in the first two thirds of the season could only praise the pitch which, back in August, was as good as any in the league including Windsor who visited early doors.

Because of all this, some have commented that we have a distinct advantage playing at home which is nonsense as SEVEN clubs have won here and the surface would hardly suit our mixture of passing and pace up front!

I always remember Mick Sullivan when Merstham were in the CCL saying that the first fixture he looked for was away at Wood where he hoped it would be early season. His side had no issues when winning here in the county cup this season btw.

We do our best, we punch a little above our weight but we try to do things right and we are ever welcoming of ALL visitors.

Anyway, I am sure our guys will do their best tonight for the league which is correct. My only wish would have been for the top two to be promoted this season.

With Guildford and Farnham away to come, we have had a splendid season, Personally my favourite since 1977/78 (at Brentford FC) and, quite frankly, I can't wait for July to come round.

Have a great summer all.

CC

Edited by Chris Clapham

Interesting report!

Think it's possible that North Leigh fielded almost a first X1. I was invited by Binfield, but declined. I was sitting in the warm sunshine at Lords, then on to: 

168. Tuesday 14 April 2015 - Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy (Final) - Attendance: 400 
Flackwell Heath (all yellow) 2-3 Windsor (green & red & white & green) 
Scorers: Flackwell Heath (G. James 50, Handscombe 119) Windsor (Riaz 59, R. Lazarczuk 105, Minhas 114) 
Pitch: dry and dusty, hard and rough, worn out - Weather: very warm afternoon, perfect evening 

Into the business end of the season with cup finals, play-offs and league titles up for grabs. And the first real pot of the season goes to Windsor, who came from behind to win in extra-time. A very languid opening period and 0-0 at half-time was a fair reflection on both teams endeavours, however five minutes into the second-half Flackwell Heath took the lead. Gavin James worked his way through the middle of Windsor's defence to poke the ball home. Within ten minutes, Windsor produced an equalising goal. A long-range shot was on target, but Omar Riaz diverted the ball, just inside the left upright. The next incident involved the dismissal of Danny Burnell, who had already been booked in the first-half for dissent. The far-side linesman was the recipient of another offensive outburst. Burnell complained that he was flagged off-side. He was, so were three others. Quite frankly, Burnell is a waste of space - absolutely pathetic! 

Into extra-time and Windsor attacked a wilting ten-men opposition. Robert Lazarczuk thundered in a free-kick from the left touch-line and Windsor's momentum carried them forward again for a well-worked third goal and a cushion of two goals. With virtually the last kick of the game, Flackwell Heath pulled back to 2-3, when Windsor's keeper dropped a free-kick into his own goal. Then, the referee promptly blew up with no further added time. Windsor's victory was fully deserved, but this was not the surface to play an open style of football. Windsor, at least tried and in the second-half and extra-time played some expansive football - just the way I like it! 

[What an awful pitch to play a cup final on, but then, Burnham does have an excellent banqueting facilities for scoffing prawn sandwiches - that was probably far more important to the Berks and Bucks FA than the pitch. Crowd officially recorded at 400, looked 100 more, lots following Windsor, none as usual from Burnham.] 

Fair enough report. Pitch was indeed completely crap - so difficult to get the ball under control when running through. Is Stag Meadow the only non league pitch in the South of England where you can rely on a true bounce?

Maybe I have got it wrong in all the excitement but I'm convinced Lazarczuk's goal was direct from a corner... although I don't think it had crossed the line when Bullivant got to it and, under pressure, couldn't get enough on it to divert it away from the goal.

FWIW, my estimate of the gate was 410.

You're allowed a 'shite story' the day after silverware, it's in the rules! Yes, your lot are no strangers to expressing their opinion, true...but I'd take their company in small doses over this lot any day.At least it took the attention from the Ashford bench, which you will be amazed to here was almost as unruly as the Neanderthals claiming to follow them.

When Windsor played at Ashford I watched the 1st half under cover surrounded by their supporters. Pretty mouthy lot, but then so are we at times!

We ended up 2-0 down at HT.

2nd half the rain eased off so I went outside and enjoyed the comeback to win 3-2. The only disappointment was that I wasn't still within earshot of their mouthy lot as that would have been quite fun.

However, I'm told they took it pretty well.

Err, shite story really, but what the hell... :)

You're allowed a shite story the day after silverware....it's in the rules! I'm not even sure the Ashfordites even noticed

Edited by thevoiceofreason

Voiceofreason Rother

I think the biggest shock to Ashford fans since relegation last season is the officials. I can count the decent referee performances this season on one hand! I am talking bad for both teams not just Ashford.

I am guessing teams that have been at this level for some time have become used to it. Well let me tell you it has been a shock to the system!

That game didn't need a ref last night. it was played in very good spirits by the teams. In fact Ashford didn't give a free kick away until 70 odd minutes! The player who handled the ball admitted after the game he had virtually caught it and was waiting for the penalty to be given. The Farnham players and physio admitted that our keeper was dragged to the floor before the goal and were all having a laugh about it. It was so blatant it ended up laughable. I think we were entitled to moan!

Also you will hear more moaning from Ashford fans because we actually have a following. However, what is rarely mentioned on here is that Ashford, nine times out if ten, applaud both teams off the field win lose or draw.

I am glad our fans show passion and are noisy rather than being yoghurt knitting Liberals like a lot of clubs followers. It's football not croquet !

Voiceofreason Rother

I think the biggest shock to Ashford fans since relegation last season is the officials. I can count the decent referee performances this season on one hand! I am talking bad for both teams not just Ashford.

I am guessing teams that have been at this level for some time have become used to it. Well let me tell you it has been a shock to the system!

That game didn't need a ref last night. it was played in very good spirits by the teams. In fact Ashford didn't give a free kick away until 70 odd minutes! The player who handled the ball admitted after the game he had virtually caught it and was waiting for the penalty to be given. The Farnham players and physio admitted that our keeper was dragged to the floor before the goal and were all having a laugh about it. It was so blatant it ended up laughable. I think we were entitled to moan!

Also you will hear more moaning from Ashford fans because we actually have a following. However, what is rarely mentioned on here is that Ashford, nine times out if ten, applaud both teams off the field win lose or draw.

I am glad our fans show passion and are noisy rather than being yoghurt knitting Liberals like a lot of clubs followers. It's football not croquet !

Bring on yoghurt knitters if the alternative is individuals who, apart from being unable to utter more than two words in a row without an expletive also demonstrate loudly how little they know about football and the civilised human race. (Clearly not their fault as they are strangers to both.)

I doubt the specimens I saw were applauding the opposition, more likely clapping for their fish.

If you don't know the difference between passion and retarded idiocy then clearly you are well suited to the ranks of the Ashford "faithful", based on my experience.

Passion and noise have nothing whatsoever to do with retarded abuse. Apologies if you weren't aware of this...you are now.

So because of the actions of a few you tar the whole club with the same brush?

Are all Chelsea fans racist because of the metro train incident ?

Where has your voice of reason gone?

As a former player as of January this year, I'll be very careful in what I say, this result is not a surprise..

When the management staff were told to leave just after Christmas, Ash were sitting in 4th place with an outside chance of promotion.

Due to circumstances that I won't go into, the players that had got Ash into that position left to either play elsewhere or stop playing.

The change in management and basically a scratch team is what Ash have now hence why you are seeing scorelines like this..

Since new management took over here are the results:

Ash United 1-2 Cobham

Dorking 5-2 Ash United

Alton Town 7-0 Ash United

Ash United 1-1 Worcester Park

Ash United 2-8 Chessington & Hook

Ash United 2-0 Sandhurst Town

Worcester Park 0-0 Ash United

Ash United 1-1 Bedfont & Feltham

Ash United 1-4 Banstead Athletic

Bedfont & Feltham 6-1 Ash United

Banstead Athletic 7-1 Ash United

Chessington & Hook Utd 10-1 Ash United

Not digging out new management or current players as they've had to deal with the current situation, but even as a former player (who only joined Ash in pre-season) it's very disappointing to see what's going on.

No disrespect to you mate but this has been festering for a long time the club is  listening to the wrong people,I have been involved wiv that club as a player a manager and a supporter for nearly 40 years and this season is the 1st season i didn't go to watch a single Ash game,GF is right and thats what it will take to get the ship back on course,i've said it before and i'll say it again the 1st team is the most important team at any club and all other teams have to take second place not the other way round.