Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

My apologies...

Mr Dacorum

The demise of Hornchurch is not as imminent as i was led to believe.

Talks with Romford FC re a merger and mutual groundshare are at an advanced stage which can

only be good for AHFC as the prohibitive costs and restrictions of Bridge Avenue would have led to the clubs inevitable folding.

The new name should be interesting............ 

Mr Dacorum. you're on fire!

This is going to spark off another long thread.

I am most definitely not Mr Dacorum but have to admit he has the makings of a great wind-up merchant.

As for the new name "Romford Chins" has a nice ring to it, 

I was going to be diplomatic about it and use a bit the name from both teams - Hornchurch for us and FC from Romford

Horny Romford would help attract more of the fairer sex to our games. 

Well I'm guessing that this is a joke.

Not sure of my facts here but if there were a merger would the merged team have to play in the lowest division of the two clubs? That would mean us rooting for Romford to stay up!

Think a groundshare would be the most to expect of the two clubs, even that would spark arguments I would imagine.

Well I'm guessing that this is a joke.

Not sure of my facts here but if there were a merger would the merged team have to play in the lowest division of the two clubs? That would mean us rooting for Romford to stay up!

Think a groundshare would be the most to expect of the two clubs, even that would spark arguments I would imagine.

When we merged with Collier Row the new club went automatically to the higher league. If a ground share agreement was to happen and both clubs persuaded the council the merits of building a new stadium from the sale of Bridge Avenue both clubs would benefit even more.

What a shame that common sense and football rarely exists.

Obviously Mr Dacorum is a bit of a wind-up merchant and is probably deluding himself that he's really funny and clever at the moment but at least it's sparked a bit of life on the forum.

Can we have him please?

Archived