Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Surrey Senior Cup

swoonara

Pretty even game at Krooner, rested 7 players for saturday's vase game and to be fair the ressies and youth players that came in did well. Should have won it in 90th minute when through on keeper. Molesey then had better of extra time and went 1 up. Had a couple of half chances to equalise but hey ho. Good work out for the squad players, could have done without extra time before Saturday mind.

Do Ashford enter a cup they are properly eligible for???

Like for example: The 'Middlesex Senior Cup' or the Ashford Premier Cup possibly.

They are not in Surrey but get entered in Surrey Cup and not anywhere near Aldershot but enter the Aldershot Senior Cup.

What the hell is that all about??

Originally Posted By: johnnojudo
Do Ashford enter a cup they are properly eligible for???

Like for example: The 'Middlesex Senior Cup' or the Ashford Premier Cup possibly.

They are not in Surrey but get entered in Surrey Cup and not anywhere near Aldershot but enter the Aldershot Senior Cup.

What the hell is that all about??

Ashford Town F.C. (Middlesex)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ashford Town F.C. are an English football club based in Ashford, Surrey, currently playing in the Isthmian League Premier Division.

To avoid confusion with another Ashford Town F.C. based in Ashford, Kent, they are virtually always referred to as Ashford Town (Middlesex). The sides have started to play each other most seasons in pre-season friendlies.

The town of Ashford has actually been administered as part of Surrey since 1965, but as with many other organisations in the historic county of Middlesex, the club has retained the historic suffix. It has also retained affiliations with both Surrey County Football Association and Middlesex County Football Association.

By the way JJ - Ash is in Hampshire - notice your playing Leatherhead in the Surrey Cup next week? alk

well quite so jj, I scoured the net and found a rather dodgy website for them with this explanation:

FOR BOTH GEOGRAPHICAL AND HISTORICAL REASONS, ASHFORD

AFFILIATE TO BOTH MIDDX. & SURREY F.A.s AND IN 1989/90, THEIR LAST

SEASON AS A INTERMEDIATE CLUB, THEY REACHED THE FINAL OF BOTH

COUNTIES PREMIER CUP COMPETITIONS , BEATING FARNHAM TOWN IN THE

SURREY VERSION BUT LOSING TO WILLESDEN IN THE MIDDX. FINAL.

RUNNERS UP SPOT IN THE LEAGUE WAS ALSO SECURED AND WITH IT

THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENTER SENIOR FOOTBALL, AS MEMBERS OF THE

COMBINED COUNTIES LEAGUE, SENIOR STATUS HAVING BEEN GRANTED

IN MAY 1990.

I hope to have been of some assistance, but I cannot elaborate on the geographical or historic reasons, or their reluctance to enter the London Senior cup, or the Dorking Hospital Charity cup which as everyone knows is the most important cup competition in the south east.

Quote; By the way JJ - Ash is in Hampshire - notice your playing Leatherhead in the Surrey Cup next week?

With respect.... I actually thought Ash United was in Surrey as it is right next door to Frimley (Surrey), and Farnham (Surrey). BUT Yes it does seem Ash United FC is in Hampshire.....

Although we only enter the Surrey Senior Cup and not the Hampshire Senior Cup.

Originally Posted By: johncrow
I understand that at least 4 potential new managers were seen at the game. 3 with previous CCL experience and 1 with Conference experience. it will be interesing to see who El Gaffers replacement is. attentat

Jungle drums tell me it'll be someone who already has connections to the club !

bolt