Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wembley 4 - DFC 0

Big J R

... though it hurts me to cut and paste !

"Dorking's visits to fellow ex Isthmian league club Wembley FC has produced some mixed results in recent years. More recently, Chicks have now lost at Wembley on their last three visits, last season as this term conceding four goals in the process, but despite the more recent lack of success, Dorking visit in April 2004 will long go down in Dorking fans memories, as it was at Wembley that Stewart Vaughan headed Dorking to a 1-0 victory that clinched a short lived promotion to Ryman Division One on a glorious sunny day now nearly four years ago.

Circumstances have of course now changed, and Dorking currently find themselves bottom of the CCL Preier Divisoin, seeking desparately to cling on to the coat tails of the clubs immediately above them in the division in a bid to give themselves at least a fighting chance of escaping the drop to the CCL first division come the end of the season in the 19 games that remain this season.

After the heavy home defeat the week before against runaway league leaders Merstham, Tony Webb will feel that his team gave their all in this game, and perhaps did not deserve the scale of defeat that eventually occurred, a crazy spell on the half hour mark in the first half efffectively sealing the result after a decent start by Dorking, followed by a good second period. Of concern though to Webb will be the fact that his side have now shipped 10 league goals in the last two games after a good December period for the club, while failing to register at all at the other end in the last two matches, something that surely cannot continue for too long given the presence of experienced strikers Nigel Webb and Adam Pero in attack, coupled with the exciting attacking play of ex Mk Dons player Tony Ahmed.

Dorking's regular keeper Chris Roberts was again struggling with a hamstring injury, giving John McBride another start before a defence that was missing Mark Styles, a regular starter for Chicks this season.

Dorking started the better in this game, forcing WEmbley into their half and having the lions share of possession. But a crazy 9 minute spell just after the half hour mark effectively not only undid Dorking's bright start, but once more consigned Chicks to defeat as Wembley rattled in goals in the 30th, 33rd and 39th minute through a brace from Richeford and a goal from Holian as a shell shocked Dorking were pleased to see the half time whistle.

Dorking did give the game a real go in the second half, having two efforts cleared off the line before Dorking were caught out with 5 minuts to go as they pushed forward in search of a consolation, Dave Butler rubbing salt into the Dorking wounds to end a disappointing afternoon for Dorkin.

Team - 1 john mcbride, 2 tom brereton, 3 alex hill, 4 oliver barrett, 5 roy newman, 6 dan clayton, 7 miguel beesley, 8 herve king, 9 nigel webb, 10 adam pero, 11 tom ahmed Playing subs 12 alex wheeler, 14 julian van gelder."

Nuts you are one busy Fecker ... to put this to rest I’m no longer a Dorking player, in order to be picked on a Saturday I needed to train which is the case with all clubs with some exceptions, with my new job in West London getting to Dorking for training was nigh on impossible so I decided to call it day to be fair to Webby and Peter.

I wish I could of committed to help Dorking’s cause, because Webby comes across really well, and from my dealings with him he's a nice fella and peter it goes without saying I’ve learnt a lot off him from previous times I’ve played under him I really hope they can beat the drop!

Originally Posted By: Krooner
So are you playing for anyone more local Gussy ?

Here are my local sides
Yeading Hayes
Hendon
Harrow Boro
Wealdstone
AFC Hayes
Uxbridge
Bedfont Green
Edgware
Wembley
North Greenford
Hanwell
Neasden Foundation
Willesden Constantine

So as Guv 1 wold say pick the bones outta dat.

But on a serious note i don't know what i'm going to do might become a power league legend down at Goals Alperton!

Originally Posted By: Gussy
Originally Posted By: Krooner
No but Nuts did smile

Nutz did what Kroons?

He got a little nibble out of you earlier Gussy. Must of been before breakfast wink

I knew El Gusso had departed last week, but did not post on here until he decided to confirm it personally.

I for one, am very sorry to see him leave. His speed down the wing is legendary, more-so that his ability to get his hand in his pocket and extract cash at the bar !!!!

bolt