Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wembley 4 - DFC 0

Big J R

duncs the guys should have had a fair idea of their own squads relative strength as it was built from scratch, intensive selection process to sift through the many applicants to play, much better than last years mid table squad blah blah.

not very intelligent to say it when they did and not very clever of the board to let them say it if they are inexperienced.

promotion hopefuls to wooden spoon favourites and maybe fifty players played so far?

allin all if gussy can score goals or create at this level he shouldbe picked up in a limo and brought to training or be trusted to train on his own.

fennessy came down from a higher level and went quickly.

no problem attracting players it seems getting them to stay and gel seems the issue.

Did the manager and coach have a crystal ball (cue JR) and know all the problems that have happened during the season. when that sort of thing happens it is incredibly difficult to build any sort of squad or team spirit. Hand to mouth kind of thing. All I am sure about is they are working hard to correct the situation and it will not be for the want of trying if they do not succeed.

loking from the outside i think dorking were always considered the towns big side the side to play for in that area.now it seems to me the other dorking side has got the momentom and it is they who get the towns support, for local football. you will need a ronnie wilson to come in and inject funds into the club or buckle down and fight your way out of trouble.what are the training facilities like?

have you seen the side play this season duncs?

seemed to me three or four are good enough, but perhaps because of the constant changes the rest don't know their jobs or maybe just cant do them.

i havent seen or heard a lot of advice from the bench either. gamble seems a favourite word!

as for div 1 the only hope is for a repeat of last year, noone goes down.

could all be academic anyway.

Originally Posted By: DorkingDave
Was speaking to one of the "on loan" players fathers who I work with.
He reckoned his boy played well against Wembley, but was told in the dressing room after not to expect to play next week, as there are new players coming in.

A comment like that sounds like poor man management to me.

it does Chris but perhaps the lad in question hadnt played as well as suggested by his Dad, they had just lost four nil.

unfortunately there have been a lot of "new players coming next week" who havent stayed long.

If they seem good enough when playing elsewhere and are persuaded to come to the club, what happens to them when they get there?

Yes, I might be near the heart of the action, so to speak, but I don't think it right to air ones washing in public.

ON A MORE HOPEFUL NOTE........

Thornfiefd, (Sainsbury development company by any other name), who own the Malthouse pub next to Meadowbank have been told to withdraw planning permission to turn the pub into flats.

Surrey County Council would oppose the plans on the grounds of retricted access to the High Street from Mill Lane, so presumably, if MVDC have their greedy eyes on the pitch for housing, it would be squashed at the first attempt !

.... probably only if it's RUGBY football.

Incidently, a certain Councillor has failed to reply to certain questions asked of him in the Dorking Advertiser on the subject.

Then again.......

bolt

I think 'Watch This Space' might be the order of the day on that one, TSF.