Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch

Eastside Urchin

I was just wondering where everyone would like to see the club in say 5 years.

I would be happy if we were in the conference although its a big ask with some decent sides trying to get from our league to the conf south and then conference national.I would in all honesty like to see us as an established conference south side who pushes for the play offs by then.

What about league football one day,i know some people have said before that they would not like to go into league football as it would maybe take the fun out of supporting the club but i for one would like to see the club in the football league even if its for one year,like dagenham this season smile

sounds good to me but its the finances that dictate where you play blue square south/conference would be great but could we afford it we need abramovich or an equivalent to progress but do we really want that

I agree with you UM although it would be difficult to establish ourselves as a conference outfit, Grays have managed it with limited support from fans (attendance figures) but they won two back to back FA Trophies which helped them become a name. I'm not saying we would need to do the same thing, but I think our ambition has to be the conference, the top tier of non-league footy.

In 1 year - Conference South.

In 2 years - Conferernce.

In 3 years - League 2.

In 4 years - League 1.

In 5 years - Championship.

Anything less I would consider as a failure.

Seriously though, with the way the non league pyramid is it's pretty hard to gain promotion, i'd be happy if we were a good established conference south side pushing for promotion to the conference.

In respect of being in the league, that's got to be the long term aim in my opinion but it's not something that you can put a timescale on, if and when it happens then great.

I know it sounds strange but Hornchurch getting into the league proper would spoil it for me

A good conference south side flirting with the conference will do me.

As i have mentioned many times before,the day Fulham got promoted to the Premiership my passion for the club ebbed as all these New supporters came out of the woodwork and changed the whole dynamic of the club.

i know what you mean cantos but division 2 is alot different from the premiership,they are two different worlds and to say that your relationship with hornchurch would change because of your previous experience with fulham would be misguided imo.

I think any fan deep down wants their club to progress as far as possible but you also have to remain a realist and i think that the football league is a very very long way off for the majority of clubs outside the conference and some that are in the conference.I would as stated be happy as an established conf south side and to get in to a couple of first/second round fa cup draws!

Depends what you want.

We've been to a few away games this season with very little travelling support.

You've had a go at non attendees before especially for mid-week games.

Any relegation/bad season would see support dwindle

I would like to consolidate a fan base then progress.

We have been unlucky so far and our season is definately not over.

Even conference south has quite a few long away trips especially on a Tuesday night.

But, Dagnam made it so there's no reason we can't.

my gripe with away fans travelling was based on at the time i felt more people could get to ramsgate as it can be done in just over an hour,ok a bit of a rush when you get in from work but had it been to win the title many would of made it down there if they could get back from there on a coach or car.

Games like havant away/newport/bath on a tuesday will obviously see hardly any away fans making the trip,doubt very much that i could make those sort of games or at least not all of them.

I think we have consolidated a fan base now of approx 300-350 regulars which is still more than many in the conf south anyway and i think if we stepped up a league then our crowds would improve as the conference is a bigger name than the ryman now although i still think this league has just as big sides as connie south but that won't last forever

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
I was just wondering where everyone would like to see the club in say 5 years.
I would be happy if we were in the conference although its a big ask with some decent sides trying to get from our league to the conf south and then conference national.I would in all honesty like to see us as an established conference south side who pushes for the play offs by then.
What about league football one day,i know some people have said before that they would not like to go into league football as it would maybe take the fun out of supporting the club but i for one would like to see the club in the football league even if its for one year,like dagenham this season smile

The Essex Senior League!!!

In five years time..............hmmmmmmm.

Well in the last five years we have been promoted four times, relegated three divisions at the end of one season. Gone bust, reached the second round of the FA cup, first round of the FA cup twice. Last 32 of the Fa Vase. Won a stack of cups.

Who knows what we will achieve in the next five.........

Originally Posted By: Digger The Cat
Well in the last five years we have been promoted four times, relegated three divisions at the end of one season. Gone bust, reached the second round of the FA cup, first round of the FA cup twice. Last 32 of the Fa Vase. Won a stack of cups.

and quarter finals of the trophy diggsy.....yay

and how was the four poster... grin

Originally Posted By: and1inthetree
agree with westie, stable in either the ryman prem or conny south would be ace.

the odd fa cup semi final would be cool as well.

we would never be self sufficient in connie south or higher with our attendances as they are at present...our natural level of self sufficiency and stability is...in my opinion...lower ryman prem...top half of div one....at the moment we are actually over achieving....

all boring stuff...lets have a spend up.... grin

Originally Posted By: and1inthetree
that's why we need the lucrative cup runs unc...

you can't budget for them tho' mate so when it comes to setting out the wages each pre season you have to leave all that to oneside which is of course sensible....very few get any of it...

success in all football today is about money.....the teams with the biggest budgets will win the leagues and the wedge all over the country....any club that wishes sensibly to live within a self suffient climate of stability will win fck all....

'ti the way it is now and has really always been to a degree...even manU's butcher in the good old cloth cap days was the biggest and richest... smile

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Digger The Cat

and quarter finals of the trophy diggsy.....yay

and how was the four poster... grin

Noisy