Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Current MyFC membership

doheochai

And just to go back to my point about lack of interest among the MyFC membership...

Currently 28,000ish members.

Number of members posting on the forum in 2008?

Less than 1100...

Yes, I know this proves nothing - but after paying £35 to join a website where all they can currently do is either vote or post on a forum - they don't really seem inclined to do either!

Will let ye all draw conclusions from that as ye see fit...

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Why try and kill the Turkey in February Pat - wait until Christmas.

So the fact that within 2 months of having to cough up their £35, so many of your fellow members are not interested doesn't concern you? Good job not all the MyFC board candidates think like you!

(And why would I try to kill a country? I hear its a nice place for a summer holiday)

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Good job not all the MyFC board candidates think like you!

If I am elected to the Board Pat, I will investigate the situation just like any other candidate for the Board. But I am not in a panic -

take your numbers - you said -

Number of members posting on the forum in 2008?
Less than 1100...

yet over 1,800 members voted at two hours notice this afternoon. You were right with your next comment

Yes, I know this proves nothing

I have no idea who's right in this debate, but Slarti's the one with his eye on the relevant statistic. The number of members will always be the acid test for me.

Let's put it this way, if the club DOES have a turnover of £1.5 million a year from now and we have at least 28,000 members, I'll buy pints for Pat, Dom AND Slarti.

You'll have to remind me, though. I'm old. I forget things easily.

p.s. Remember the discussions we had in November, however, when the question being asked then is whether MyFC will have 20,000 members after the first year. As our membership has grown, we've moved the goal posts a bit. I'd be content with 20,000, but in truth, I'd want to see us with more members a year from now than we have today, not fewer.

Originally Posted By: rsheard

Let's put it this way, if the club DOES have a turnover of £1.5 million a year from now and we have at least 28,000 members, I'll buy pints for Pat, Dom AND Slarti.

You'll have to remind me, though. I'm old. I forget things easily.

Dont worry rsheard - where pints are involved, I have a VERY good memory!
As regards numbers - 28,000 members with only half bothering to vote/having any interest, or 14,000 active members showing lots of interest? The latter would be better for the club methinks. More chance of clicks through turnstiles, more chance of extra money through merchandise, etc

Why?

14K would still be interested members..and the other 14K would just put 385K into the club,and then not do anything.

385K is a nice upside I think.

Regarding the members numbers for next year,those are highly dependable on the level of success that the squad can reach on the pitch.

I think it is vital and best for everyone all around if Daish can be presented with a decent amount preseason to strenghten the team with AND make the necessary consolidation of the current squad..ie being able to present those players that the club really want to keep with longer contracts.

There is the FAT as well.I wonder what a potential Wembley final match would mean for MyFC membership numbers and the club?

There would be an influx of new members,that is for sure.The publicity would be comparable huge.

I expect the membership numbers in year one to go over 35K.

I expect that it will drop year two..but not as much as people think.There will be a steady inflow of new members to partly compensate for those that will not renew.

99% of the world is unaware of MyFC still.There will be new members coming in all the time.

I don´t see the membership numbers going under 20K year 2.

There will be less money going out that year compared to year 1..purchase money more than halfes.

It will continue to be possible to strenghten the club EUFC.

I think this is the most realistic assumptions to make at this stage.

• 1 year later...
Originally Posted By: doheochai
Originally Posted By: David Holden

I thought that if the membership fell below 15,000 then you were required to throw in the towel, as it were.

No - if the membership falls below 15,000 it triggers a vote of the membership to decide what to do.

Current Membership
Stage Members
Recurring Payment 485
1 7860
2 1121
3 120
4+ 51

When can we look forward to that vote then Doohicky? After you get on the board?