Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Current MyFC membership

doheochai

Originally Posted By: Yorkshire Fan
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
...the silence over these issues speaks volumes...

because you keep asking the wrong people. But then you knew that.

err...is wanchai not the right person foxy...he seems able to answer everyone else and has tried and failed miserably to answer me today...

just keep sending the cash mate...you'll be fine... crazy

Santa//I do not understand what those 235K is all about.

Talking balance money in money out the first year 400K goes out compared to 235 second year.That is actually 165K less in year 2 compared to year 1.

Take away the DD costs as well..and that means that 215K less pounds will have to be payed out second year in total.

All other things equal.

Originally Posted By: Santa

Perhaps I wasn't making it clear. I know the second installment is not due until Y2 but you have used it in your figures in Y1. Therefore you will have to increase profits by at least £235,000 in Y2 to break even.

No I haven't.
Total due to be paid is £635,000. £400,000 is paid in year 1 and £235,000 is paid in year 2. The only way that the club would have to increase profits by £235,000 in year 2 would be if not a single member of MyFC renewed their membership. And nearly 2,000 already have.

Originally Posted By: doheochai

Total due to be paid is £635,000. £400,000 is paid in year 1 and £235,000 is paid in year 2.

less losses of 30k x 12 equals 360k less 50k rent to FL less 40k management fee to existing blazers less 200k to brooks and his family equals 650k circa....

so all of the members money is being used to pay off/cover the losses/enhance the brooks empire (even though its against the provident society/FSA rules) and is not being invested in the team or the future infrastructure of the club...?

right...got that thank you.... laugh

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Claudius

Take away the DD costs as well..and that means that 215K less pounds will have to be payed out second year in total.

surely not 200k on DD...crikey...there's a surprise... grin

When I did my accountancy exams 215k less 165k was 50k.
On your planet you normally double numbers UU, why have you quadrupled this one?

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast

When I did my accountancy exams 215k less 165k was 50k.
On your planet you normally double numbers UU, why have you quadrupled this one?

haven't a clue what you are on about dear boy....I was just being flippant...and never you mind my numbers...they're accurate enough for a forum....but now you mention it in a serious context...do we know what the DD costs actually were...?

Originally Posted By: Santa

Perhaps I wasn't making it clear. I know the second installment is not due until Y2 but you have used it in your figures in Y1. Therefore you will have to increase profits by at least £235,000 in Y2 to break even.

No I haven't.
Total due to be paid is £635,000. £400,000 is paid in year 1 and £235,000 is paid in year 2. The only way that the club would have to increase profits by £235,000 in year 2 would be if not a single member of MyFC renewed their membership. And nearly 2,000 already have.

All well and good but lets say you don't eradicate the monthly losses in Y1, say they are only reduced to £150,000 pa in Y2. Added to the £50,000 for the training ground, £50,000 for consultancy, £50,000 for CEO (sorry self funding I don't buy) and £235,000 for the Y2 portion of the purchase making a Y2 total of £535,000....a rough estimate and scenario but one which would require approx 20,000 members or 2/3rds of the current membership to renew to cover.

Things to me look tight financially for the first 2 years and avoiding a loss would be an achievement, whether you can persuade 20,000 members to curb their many and varied pent up aspirations for the club and at the same time get them to renew their subscription is and will be the million dollar question.

Originally Posted By: John Pearce
Update

19 new members in the past 24 hours -

membership now at - 27,891

Quite frankly, who the hell gives a toss !

I do. It's nice to see that there are still people signing up at a fairly consistent rate (20-30 a day). Surely, as a Fleet fan, such an implication of long-term support and stability is a good thing? Or would you prefer to see the support evaporate instantaneously and our ambitions destroyed, just so you can say 'I told you so?'

Originally Posted By: KShep
Originally Posted By: John Pearce
Update

19 new members in the past 24 hours -

membership now at - 27,891

Quite frankly, who the hell gives a toss !

I do. It's nice to see that there are still people signing up at a fairly consistent rate (20-30 a day). Surely, as a Fleet fan, such an implication of long-term support and stability is a good thing? Or would you prefer to see the support evaporate instantaneously and our ambitions destroyed, just so you can say 'I told you so?'

crazy crazy bolt

Originally Posted By: KShep

Surely, as a Fleet fan, such an implication of long-term support and stability is a good thing? Or would you prefer to see the support evaporate instantaneously and our ambitions destroyed, just so you can say 'I told you so?'

I am sure that john wants success every bit as much as you do and indeed the rest of the real fleet fans....

perhaps his concerns centre on the difference of viewpoint...you see the MyFc members as stable sensible long term investors in your club...I see most of them as being knee jerk internet slaving looney numpties who are as fickle as the autumn winds and will scarper as soon as the next caper comes along leaving brooks the sole owner with no visible means of financial continuation....(see financial DD for details) perhaps john shares that view...I do not know but he obviously has his concerns and whatever they are they are to be respected surely..

however...don't let the parallex view bother you none... grin

There is now a membership counter on the www.myfootballclub.co.uk

page (i.e. the public pre-signing in page)

It will automatically increase with each new sign-up.

Latest total is 27,934

So for those that don't give a 'toss' - there is little point in me posting further updates as anyone can now go to the page themselves.

Originally Posted By: Andrewc
I don't know why you bother. Mr. Pearce.

Because I appear to be one of the few that have not been taken in by the drivel that comes out almost daily from the lemmings at MyFc, because I do not believe for one moment that what has happened is good for the long term future of the club and finally I happen to care about the club that I have supported, through both the good and bad times, for over 40 years.

You believe the propaganda from both MyFc and Botley's motley crew if you like, but I don't.

I can assure you that I will get absolutely no pleasure coming back onto this forum at some point in the future to say that I told you so, when this whole farce goes pear shaped and the club become more of a laughing stock than it has already become.