Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What level of playingbudget would you have ?

Originally Posted By: Darter
What would you vote for, Uncs?

I would just let liam get on with as he sees best and use the new CEO to monitor the weekly and monthly cash flow/P&L effects that liams management created....obviously he has to have a budget guide and that figure will presumably be 10k...from thereon in many factors could increase that (or in the case of february decrease it) the renewals are critical here dartsy...no clarity 'til then really...

in any event whatever they vote for is irrelevant as behind the scenes normal business will just carry on with brooks being in the loop...

told you all before..only football people can run football clubs...they defy logic and normal business practices..

I see that the new CEO and chairman have been chosen...can't wait for this one to go public...grin

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
We have enough toilet paper thanks, Unc.

If you must though can you make sure it has "his name" (I can't even bring myself to say it) on the back.

ha ha...could be a ground breaking cult thingy harry....the shed all wearing Hx red and white shirts with you know who's name on the back...don't think it would go down so well on the moonie club shop menu tho'...grin

Originally Posted By: rsheard
I'm still on the fence on this vote. Which is more important right now, pushing for promotion with a bigger player budget or trying to reign in the monthly losses with the realization that we already have the core of last year's squad re-signed?

I'm like everyone else in that promotion is A goal, but to me it's not the only goal, and I don't want to see the club push for it irresponsibly. I really would like the long-time supporter's viewpoints. What would you vote?
I agree with UU, let liam decide whats best,I would trust him to be sensible.

Originally Posted By: rsheard
I'm still on the fence on this vote. Which is more important right now, pushing for promotion with a bigger player budget or trying to reign in the monthly losses with the realization that we already have the core of last year's squad re-signed?

I'm like everyone else in that promotion is A goal, but to me it's not the only goal, and I don't want to see the club push for it irresponsibly. I really would like the long-time supporter's viewpoints. What would you vote?

Originally Posted By: hopeful
I agree with UU, let liam decide whats best,I would trust him to be sensible.

here's a quote from a guy called jimbo on the cesspit..he says he is an experienced NL manager and an ex NL player....the PTT merchants are up in arms about this...the question he replied to was...

"yes but we paid our money to own the club and pick the team"

jimbo says

"It does say this, but have you never bought soap powder, advertising as new and improved, only to find it does exactly the same as the powder you bought several years ago? It's called advertising, it's there to grab attention! It may or may not work as well as previous ones you used, but you don't ask for your money back. If it doesn't do what you expected you just don't buy it again!

It is up to you to see the gullibility behind the slogan!"

hmmm....!

The analogy isn't really the same. MyFC have a potential legal problem over the PTT promise. Contractually all of the necessary components are present. As Darter recently commented, she felt that she had been sold "a pup". The saving grace for the "Operator" et al is that no one is likely to sue over

Originally Posted By: kmj
The analogy isn't really the same. MyFC have a potential legal problem over the PTT promise. Contractually all of the necessary components are present. As Darter recently commented, she felt that she had been sold "a pup". The saving grace for the "Operator" et al is that no one is likely to sue over

I think that the problem with MyFC setting the budget isn't the actual budget, we all know that our budget is one of the lowest in the league and it will remain so whichever option wins, the problem will be managing unrealistic expectations.

A good few members seem to have the impression that voting for a

What precisely is Will Brooks' role now? He wasn't a candidate for the Soc Board elections, so he isn't on the Board. He isn't a director of EUFC. He isn't the CEO. He hasn't ostensibly put any of his own money in to pay the Club's debts. Yet he appears to be pulling the strings. Under what authority? Can someone explain.

Theoretically, once the CEO and Chairman are in place, and once the EUFC board is reshaped, his role is supposed to be that solely of website operator. Individually, he's also a member of MyFC, of course, and has the same vote as everyone else. And I believe he will initially be a member of the club's board, but I may be remembering that incorrectly.

But as Sal pointed out, for now, at least, he's calling the shots on what gets done and what doesn't. I think that's what has the members in such turmoil.

When Liam signs the first new player this summer and MyFC doesn't have any say in it, the hue and cry will get even louder. What we need now is a vote to allow Liam to sign whomever he wishes, within the budget, without a separate vote on each signing.