Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What level of playingbudget would you have ?

Interesting figures by Unc but lets not forget its what happens on the pitch for 90 minutes rather than how much you pay individuals that counts. Its so much more fun being the "underdog" and proving everyone wrong.

Ebbsfleet not only have a good management team but in Akinde, Long, Smith and Cronin have some highly rated young players. The bulk of the team has also been together for a couple of seasons now and if Liam can add 2-3 quality players plus Mcphee, while increasing the size of his playing squad, I'd fancy us for playoffs regardless of how much other teams are spending.

Having said that feel the 10K max. budget is a little cautious by MYFC given the team Liam has built to date but then again at least they are being sensible about it rather than trying to throw money at it.

I'll step in here really quick to ask a question to UU (Unc): Do any of your sources know or can gather how much more money they've added into their player's salary structure over the past couple of years and how has it translated to the play on the pitch? (Understanding that it is a guarded secret, I'm still curious to know.)

The one thing that hasn't been told to us is where the players' budget started at in the beginning of the 07/08 season. If it grew with loaned players and other additions, that's fine. But where was the starting point? That would be good to know, because then it is possible to vote on the players' budget point now and have an idea of where it could go in January and beyond.

rvr

Originally Posted By: rvr
I'll step in here really quick to ask a question to UU (Unc): Do any of your sources know or can gather how much more money they've added into their player's salary structure over the past couple of years and how has it translated to the play on the pitch? (Understanding that it is a guarded secret, I'm still curious to know.)

not sure if I'm getting you rvr but if you are asking me what impact additional monies for new players at certain points of the season can bring....then the answer is plenty and big style...we signed 3 players (and broke the budget which created a loss on the year) after xmas which changed our season and took us into the play offs..

afcw had a cat in hells chance of winning the play offs in ryman prem last season with a very poor 10 grand a week squad and terry brown knew that so he went out and spent 3 grand a week on 4 loan players 4 weeks before the end of the season which transformed his play off squad...those loan players won the play offs for him...they have all but one since left....

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

not sure if I'm getting you rvr but if you are asking me what impact additional monies for new players at certain points of the season can bring....then the answer is plenty and big style...we signed 3 players (and broke the budget which created a loss on the year) after xmas which changed our season and took us into the play offs..

afcw had a cat in hells chance of winning the play offs in ryman prem last season with a very poor 10 grand a week squad and terry brown knew that so he went out and spent 3 grand a week on 4 loan players 4 weeks before the end of the season which transformed his play off squad...those loan players won the play offs for him...they have all but one since left....

Yes, that's where I'm getting at, for the most part. Is it wiser to spend the money early or start low and then add as needed?

But one part of the question that I'm not sure you can answer (without security clearance) would be the percentage of players' salaray from one season to the next or from five years ago from your sources' clubs. If a club of EUFC's size has increased its players' salary budget 5 percent a year over a 3-to-5 year span, how has that translated into the final results on the pitch?

I hope that clarifies some of it.

rvr

he he...sorry guys but it aint that easy...firstly YF there is no way that ebbs started the season at 7.5k....grin

I have told you on many occasions that these matters will never ever be transparent and I can tell you now that they won't be either at ebbs next season....its the way it is and it will not change....the wage cap ensured that...

all the pompous protestations in the world from the varied boards/trust/societies will not change it and don't think that brooks will take the moral high ground either....he has spent the last 4 months playing ebbs chairman at SR and he will now be starting to understand the harsh realities of the way it all works......

nuff said...or else I'm gonna end up non gratis mentus....grin

If a club of EUFC's size has increased its players' salary budget 5 percent a year over a 3-to-5 year span, how has that translated into the final results on the pitch?
rvr

you won your biggest prize...the trophy... with the highest weekly budget you have ever had.....doesn't take anything away from that achievement as for sure the semi final and final opponents had considerably more but you get my drift I am sure.....

If a club of EUFC's size has increased its players' salary budget 5 percent a year over a 3-to-5 year span, how has that translated into the final results on the pitch?
rvr

you won your biggest prize...the trophy... with the highest weekly budget you have ever had.....doesn't take anything away from that achievement as for sure the semi final and final opponents had considerably more but you get my drift I am sure.....

Yes. The ends justify the means, in a way.

Just trying to think about this at a different angle. Thanks for the input.

rvr

Originally Posted By: BustaGut

UU would you know any of the management at Slade Green football club ?

no mate... I do not know them but the club is on an upwards swing and appears to be very well run with a few quid around...lots of talk abounding this past few weeks about them....

why do you ask...?

Originally Posted By: BustaGut

UU would you know any of the management at Slade Green football club ?

no mate... I do not know them but the club is on an upwards swing and appears to be very well run with a few quid around...lots of talk abounding this past few weeks about them....

why do you ask...?

Brian Smith who owns or owned it, used to be a old mucker of mine, but not seen him for about a year, he had a heart attack, & I was wondering if he had sold the ground because of it, is all

I'm still on the fence on this vote. Which is more important right now, pushing for promotion with a bigger player budget or trying to reign in the monthly losses with the realization that we already have the core of last year's squad re-signed?

I'm like everyone else in that promotion is A goal, but to me it's not the only goal, and I don't want to see the club push for it irresponsibly. I really would like the long-time supporter's viewpoints. What would you vote?

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Ah good old Uncle Urchin, the grandfather of Non-League.

You're even being quoted on Confguide, mate; they even believe what you say.

smile

age is inevitable harry...with it comes a little knowledge.... read

you will of course get there yourself with the passage of time...grin

never go on confguide but the budget assessment was pretty close to be honest....R&D will take some stopping next season...