Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Banned Fan / Rhodes - Out of interest, will you be holding positions on the Committee of the new Club? If so, which positions and why?

I hear that gavin will be CEO and rhodsey will take up his duties as vice chairman on a 100 grand a year apiece....there is however a little wrangle at the moment about a new merc each....certain to be overcome in due course when the nike sponsorship comes through....

fancy joining up pete..?

grin

What do you have in mind?

Agree with Uncle Urchin a football club will fail from a lack of proper management from the top, people with a lack of awareness of what is neeed to support, structure, sustain a club at this level. It's like a mini business it must have a plan, policies, discipline amongst other things to succeed.

The very fact that Edgware won the Spartan league not so long ago is a great shame. That should have been something to build upon, it looks like the quick wins were all people wanted. Now today there is no club.

I doubt Gavin made all the decisions which led to the club going out of business. And to reference something about Mental Health related to a person on this board is going into deep water as I stated on another post, banter is great fun, but personal remarks and attacks are not on.

bosman08, unless you are being a wind up I wish you had the knowledge of 3 years worth of Gavin and Rhodes posts to call upon when making your judgements!

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
bosman08, unless you are being a wind up I wish you had the knowledge of 3 years worth of Gavin and Rhodes posts to call upon when making your judgements!

and I have also seen your lack of judgement NF over the years in such matters....you should remain impartial as a moderator...

Originally Posted By: bosman08

I doubt Gavin made all the decisions which led to the club going out of business. And to reference something about Mental Health related to a person on this board is going into deep water as I stated on another post, banter is great fun, but personal remarks and attacks are not on.

gavin didn't make any decisions at ET B80....he was just the whipping boy who got there early and did everything that no one else wanted to do....let us not hide the fact that gav has an anger management problem.....but surely we should help him deal with that not decry him for it.....he's not the only one on here is he...?

others fcked up ET not gavin and for posters to insinuate that in some way he was respoinsible is fckn outrageous....he had nowt to do with it but the people that did are posting on here free from censorship or adverse comment...

I find the double standards quite astounding...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

fancy joining up pete..?

grin

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
What do you have in mind?

crikey where should we start pete...

cleaning the steps and the walkways
emptying the litter bins
cleaning the toilets
washing the kits
buying in the grub and drinks
cooking the burgers
making the tea
manning the gate
doing the proggie
mowing the pitch
painting the lines
sorting out the ball boys
ringing potential sponsors
looking after the league paperwork
a million other unpaid thankless tasks

take your pick...grin

Originally Posted By: Bilbo
You miss the point, these post were all by Gavin under some of his alter ego's, of which there were many.
I was only involved in the running of the club last season but I know the decision to close was not taken lightly, the financial situation at the club was a major factor. Gavin had made numerous promises of fund raising activities but all these came to nothing.

Bilbo - I was writing and in the middle of posting my reply before I saw your reply to Uncle Urchin. I couldn't say either way whether this were alter ego's or not of Gavin as I am not a regular on the Edgware FC forum. Yes, as you stated I imagine the financial situation at the club was a major decision on the closing of the club, and I'm sure if further fund raising activities had come off they would have helped. But you don't base a plan or accounting book in football based on "maybe's" not at this level anyway cause people can see how hard it is to run a football club nowadays.

I'm sure there are lessons to be learned from a lot of knowledgeable people on this so lets talk football and the issues around clubs rather than the personal stuff.

Bilbo If you weren't make a pointed derogatory reference to Gavin no problem but if the NHS comment was, well do it his email or something because issues out here in a public forum doesn't help anyone or the forum's credibility for discussion.
angel3

You obviously do not know what Gavin did or did not do. The only time he got to the club early was when he wanted a free lift on the club minibus. Nobody is saying he helped in the demise of the club, but he continues to abuse members of the club on this and other forums. As NF says you don't have to wait long before he has a go at all and sundry, ask, Wealdstone, Ware, Hertford, etc. Double standards? I think you have the wrong culprit.

Hello NeutralFan, nice to meet you too, you are a Moderator correct?

Well seeing are you are probably aware I'm a relatively new poster, I don't have 3 years to call upon whilst making judgements however I don't see the 3 years worth of Gavin/Rhodes comment relevant to how Edgware Town FC was run or any football club for that matter. In a position on the committee of any sporting organisation, people have responsibilities obviously and disappointing for ETFC incorrect decisions etc were obviously made which has led the club to be no looking part of Non League football.

You miss the point, these post were all by Gavin under some of his alter ego's, of which there were many.
I was only involved in the running of the club last season but I know the decision to close was not taken lightly, the financial situation at the club was a major factor. Gavin had made numerous promises of fund raising activities but all these came to nothing.

what a total cop out and load of bollox......gavin had nowt to do with the closing of the football club and you know it....

was gavin a shareholder
was gavin a director
did gavin attend board meetings

the answer to all those questions is of course NO....

now can we stop the gavin witch hunt and if required ask a few questions as to who actually WAS responsible for fckn up ET...obviously you for one bilbo as you admit that you were involved in the running of the club last season before it closed....

gavin and rhodes....everyones favourite cop out...!!

I assume they murdered kennedy and monroe and were responsible for the disappearance of glen miller....grin

As NF says you don't have to wait long before he has a go at all and sundry, ask, Wealdstone, Ware, Hertford, etc. Double standards? I think you have the wrong culprit.

NF is hardly relevant in this discussion as he has no knowledge of what happened at ETFC...

what gavin has or has not posted on other forums has nothing to do with the closure of ETFC....

one or more people were responsible for the closure of ETFC..it wasn't gavin..it wasn't rhodes...it wasn't me....perhaps you could tell us who it was and also tell us what they intend to do about it...run away or fight to get in back up and running...

perhaps others may help but pretending that its all gavs fault is hardly cricket old boy...

NeutralFan - If you check your dates my first post on the Forum was on 12 July 2006 so that's only two years, it was noticeable how nice we all were to each other in those days but a lot of the blame can be laid at Football Man's door as he started all this nastiness due to his dislike of Kentish Town and the huge chip he has on his shoulder.

As the 'Statement' thread is locked I would be interested to get Gavin's view on Mr Gregory's points, you have to admire him for coming on to put his cards on the table like that taking into account he is public enemy number one at present.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
As the 'Statement' thread is locked I would be interested to get Gavin's view on Mr Gregory's points, you have to admire him for coming on to put his cards on the table like that taking into account he is public enemy number one at present.

Does his (accurate to my knowledge) account of things change your view of him, Rhodes? I too have struggled to keep a relatively big name club afloat and it's crippling, financially and personally. It does not need numpties like you stirring things up without knowing any real facts.

'Public Enemy Number One' Only as far as you 2 sick numpties are concerned. Ask any of the players or supporters from the last couple of seasons at Edgware or in fact any of the officials of the Spartan and Ryman league or from the FA.

Mr Gregory 'LEGEND'

You and Gavin deserve each other.

Incidently, what would Gavin know he only started comming to the club during the 2006 -07 season when everything was going well for the Wares.You would know even less because all you know about the club is what you have been told by Numpty No1

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

I don't think anyone can take that accolade away from you Rhodes.

What did impress me in his statement, and what both you & Gavin should take pointers from, was that he didn't try to put down any named person.

Here's a challenge for you Rhodes. For the next month try not to have a go at anyone in your posts, whilst still posting the same number (441 a month). And don't make up the numbers with copy/pastes or links. I'm sure if you did that everyone would start being nicer to you as well.