Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

Because Uncle Urchin has kindly offered to help Edgware 2009 out, that's why.

How can I have missed the point if Unc has offered to help fund the new Club and you have flatly refused, isn't that the long and the short of it

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Mrs Keeps - You know perfectly well that my post was directed at Keeper No.1 in response to his post above and I wasn't turning my nose up at Uncle Urchin's extremely generous offer which was made on another thread, Gavin and me don't need your husband's ill gotten gains to get Edgware 2008 off the ground.

Rhodes can you substantiate this claim?

one more chance......explain 'ill gotten gains'

Mrs Keeps - You know perfectly well that my post was directed at Keeper No.1 in response to his post above and I wasn't turning my nose up at Uncle Urchin's extremely generous offer which was made on another thread, Gavin and me don't need your husband's ill gotten gains to get Edgware 2008 off the ground.

nor Uncle Urchins eh?

grin

grin

Originally Posted By: Banned Fan

I am a little upset by your posst 'Elaine' as someone who I have spoken to in person in the past I thought you would have understood what we are trying to do here.

Gavin - I have no doubt as to YOUR sincerity in this endeavour, and I wish you well. Just be careful who you get into bed with, as they may not have the same priorities as you do.

HTFCew - If you are referring to me then please do not concern yourself, what you see is very much what you get.

HTFCew - If you are referring to me then please do not concern yourself, what you see is very much what you get.

That's the worrying thing about it!

By the way, your estimates of ground sharing costs at step 6 are WAY over the top!

One says its over the top another says its not. How much is a groundshare deal at a step 6 club on ave????

In a perfect world I would love for Edgware to play at Kingsbury's Silver Jubilee Ground, calls may have to be made to Brent Council to see just who is using that ground, as I heard that the LT were playing at Greenford now, but no one could seem to tell me if this was right or not.

One says its over the top another says its not. How much is a groundshare deal at a step 6 club on ave????

In a perfect world I would love for Edgware to play at Kingsbury's Silver Jubilee Ground, calls may have to be made to Brent Council to see just who is using that ground, as I heard that the LT were playing at Greenford now, but no one could seem to tell me if this was right or not.

Hi Gavin. Good luck with your efforts to form Edgware (2009). Edgware Town are selling off all the equipment at White Lion Ground. Floodlights a bargain

Originally Posted By: Horace

Hi Gavin. Good luck with your efforts to form Edgware (2009). Edgware Town are selling off all the equipment at White Lion Ground. Floodlights a bargain

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

nor Uncle Urchins eh?

grin

waiting for that one uncs!

obviously everyone who has a few bob must have 'ill gotten gains' as i dont see Rhodes contesting the post laugh

grin

the one thing that being involved in professional and NL football for 45 years has taught me keeps is that nothing is ever a walk in the park....

another thing I have learned in the 8 years since these forums evolved is that running football clubs from behind keyboards is easy...actually doing it is a little more difficult...lets give the two lads a chance and see what they come up with and good luck to them I say....

Originally Posted By: Wader

The FA insist it seems that clubs newly formed start at level 7 (example of this is the new AFC Liverpool type thing).

*** Liverpool are starting at step6 - Div 1 (what was div 2 - they've had a rename to Prem & Div 1) of the North West Counties League. Maybe they're being allowed to start higher as they are guaranteed a reasonable level of support.

D is covered....so it should be a walk in the park to get ABC smile

That's right, thanks to Uncle Urchin. (A) Gavin is looking into a possible groundshare 'as we speak', (B) the SSML will accept our proposals when push comes to shove and © I'll speak to Lord Triesman and Sir Trevor Brooking, sorted!